Bottom 6 Season 2023/24

TheoBair14

Ross County or Aberdeen away midweek? 

Will the SPFL wait until after next week's Dundee V Rangers game before releasing fixtures? They won't want one half of the gruesome twosome to win the title at Parkhead (why not)?

It’s quite difficult to get enthused about the rest of the season.

our brand of football hasn’t been great  - it’s more been about the fighting spirit but with little to fight for it’s a struggle to get too excited for remainder of this season 

Think rest of season will still be competitive between us Aberdeen and Hibs battling for 7th which I believe is possible from us and we get to effect the relegation battle. 

The big question is if we got top 6 would we have got into 5th tho I do suppose more money finishing 6th  

Given our injuries this season and our horrible winless run I would have settled for 10th spot a few months ago. So for me, its almost job done but not quite yet. Lets take the summer to rebuild for next season. Hopefully SK will find it easier to clear the decks this time round and bring in more of his own choices. 

21 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Given our injuries this season and our horrible winless run I would have settled for 10th spot a few months ago. So for me, its almost job done but not quite yet. Lets take the summer to rebuild for next season. Hopefully SK will find it easier to clear the decks this time round and bring in more of his own choices. 

Hopefully a more balanced squad that will allow us to play more than one way!

39 minutes ago, wellfan said:

The players on their way out should be dropped and the young boys given a chance. Yesterday was pathetic. 

Do you have an application form in for the Trolls doom and misery club alongside Yodo, MJC and Steelboy, why was yesterday pathetic, we never lost and had a great chance to win with the last kick of the ball? A draw was probably the fair result as Hibs played ok as well.

Since December we've been good, playing better picking up results, ending our Rangers hoodoo, to be even in the position of still be able to make the top 6 speaks volumes on how well SK has turned it round  from us being 2nd bottom.. so why not give the team some credit for a change, you might enjoy the experience.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Do you have an application form in for the Trolls doom and misery club alongside Yodo, MJC and Steelboy, why was yesterday pathetic, we never lost and had a great chance to win with the last kick of the ball? A draw was probably the fair result as Hibs played ok as well.

Since December we've been good, playing better picking up results, ending our Rangers hoodoo, to be even in the position of still be able to make the top 6 speaks volumes on how well SK has turned it round  from us being 2nd bottom.. so why not give the team some credit for a change, you might enjoy the experience.

Agreed, I quite enjoyed the game, despite it being played in a hurricane. Even Collum didn't manage to ruin it completely.

19 minutes ago, grumpy said:

Agreed, I quite enjoyed the game, despite it being played in a hurricane. Even Collum didn't manage to ruin it completely.

Amazingly , Collum was quite decent yesterday. I never thought I would ever say that about him.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

A draw was a fair result as neither team turned up yesterday. Given what was potentially at stake for both teams, I find it odd but not surprising that it played out as a rather pathetic game. 

I also find it difficult to take much enjoyment out of a season where we've only won 8 in 33 and had an appalling winless run. If others want to take enjoyment out of all those draws, then that's fine. Not for me, though.

I also don't think it’s fair to suggest those reasonable views are those of a troll. I'm just not a happy clapper. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grumpy said:

Even Collum didn't manage to ruin it completely.

I'm normally critical of officials, but yesterday they got it pretty well spot on. Only point of contention might have been the booking of Bushiri. Although close to the incident my view wasn't clear.  BBC seemed to think it was debatable. For once, well done to Collum, Ross & Co.

Sorry but if we’re being honest I’d say the Collum fucked up by not sending Spittal off.
Wasn’t just a wee push and then gets involved with others merited a red card I thought - I’m surprised Ross didn’t get involved.
I had a good view of the incident and if it was the other way round I’d have been raging at a yellow. 

48 minutes ago, wellfan said:

A draw was a fair result as neither team turned up yesterday. Given what was potentially at stake for both teams, I find it odd but not surprising that it played out as a rather pathetic game. 

I also find it difficult to take much enjoyment out of a season where we've only won 8 in 33 and had an appalling winless run. If others want to take enjoyment out of all those draws, then that's fine. Not for me, though.

I also don't think it’s fair to suggest those reasonable views are those of a troll. I'm just not a happy clapper. 

As said before it was played in a very strong blustery swirling wind. Not helping silky football at all  . Sitting in covered stands saying its pathetic is a lot different from being out playing in an open park trying it judge it . Got to be balanced about these things you know

4 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I would personally give the young boys a chance once we are mathematically safe. 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

3-2 now 

Bet no one could guess how they got that second goal.......