Aberdeen v Motherwell 27/04/2024

SteelmaninOZ

Apparently the ball was headed straight out by an Aberdeen player but they were awarded the corner. Obviously we need to defend the resultant set piece much better but the officials have been quite generous to them in each and every fixture this season. I can't wait to get this season in the bin, hopefully VAR follows as well.

Just now, grizzlyg said:

If results stay same then Ross co and st Johnstone need to win 3 of last 4 to overtake us and us to get no points at all. They also have still to play each other.   We will be fine

Yeah that’s what I meant saying that County losing is good for us. I don’t think we’ll be relegated and I didn’t think we’d be relegated before today, but had County gained any more ground on us after another poor result and performance for us then it would have made things twitchy.

I was just saying ODOnnell is doing ok again today and then under no pressure he pinged a ball into row z from the centre circle.

Rotten game. At least the other results are going our way 

7 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

That was never a red card in a month of Sundays.

My point earlier was that it looked like they were desperate to give Aberdeen something - fully expect the red card decision to be slated on sportscene tonight and possibly the red being reduced on appeal. Not that any of that counts for anything. 

12 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If results stay same then Ross co and st Johnstone need to win 3 of last 4 to overtake us and us to get no points at all. They also have still to play each other.   We will be fine

Not fkn good enough relying on others. Today has been no where near good enough. Not fit to wear the shirt. 

4 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Yep, he's in the defence, tit. 

The manager needs to carry the can  as much as the players,he's had all season to sort out our problems.the fact that were at this stage of the season and we're still conceding the same pathetic goals is a joke.

1 minute ago, mfc said:

The manager needs to carry the can  as much as the players,he's had all season to sort out our problems.the fact that were at this stage of the season and we're still conceding the same pathetic goals is a joke.

We needed to sign a commanding centre half in January, but he didn't. The rest is history. 

Shaw is just a loan player yeah? I doubt I’d cope if I hear he’s been given a years contract. His 2 min cameos of aimless running into bad areas and hiding behind defenders are too much to take anymore.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He picks a defence that can't defend set pieces every single week. The guy is never a manager in a million years. 

2 minutes ago, mfc said:

Name the defender who he hasn’t played who would have made a difference.
At different points of the season every defender has been played in different permutations and we’ve lost stupid goals from open play/corners/set pieces so I’d say it’s more down to the defender’s themselves - unless you guys think they’re not getting coached on defending in which case you should be abusing the defensive coaches.