Aberdeen v Motherwell 27/04/2024

SteelmaninOZ

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He picks a defence that can't defend set pieces every single week. The guy is never a manager in a million years. 

2 minutes ago, mfc said:

The manager needs to carry the can  as much as the players,he's had all season to sort out our problems.the fact that were at this stage of the season and we're still conceding the same pathetic goals is a joke.

Name the defender who he hasn’t played who would have made a difference.
At different points of the season every defender has been played in different permutations and we’ve lost stupid goals from open play/corners/set pieces so I’d say it’s more down to the defender’s themselves - unless you guys think they’re not getting coached on defending in which case you should be abusing the defensive coaches. 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

It's a bad one but let's not all go into full meltdown again. Sooner this season over the better and a rebuild required yet again

Unless we get a new manager it won't make any difference.

The players Kettlewell has brought in are far worse than the players he inherited.

• Like 3

A minutes silence required for our fans traveling up there…. Hats off to them. Appalling game…. Absolutely awful, regardless of the sending off.

just end the season now please, I can’t see the games getting any better when we have so many players out of contract.

5 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Name the defender who he hasn’t played who would have made a difference.
At different points of the season every defender has been played in different permutations and we’ve lost stupid goals from open play/corners/set pieces so I’d say it’s more down to the defender’s themselves - unless you guys think they’re not getting coached on defending in which case you should be abusing the defensive coaches. 

Our manager was a defender

We’ve been dreadful since we got ourself out of danger - thankful we did of course .

we play the same players in the same formation each week .  We’ve been reasonable safe for a while now. A bit of experimentation is required .

current league position likely to be end of season piston.  Time for a few changes to give us something to try and get behind 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

And far more from open play when he does

I don't think that's true. 

For whatever reason his face doesn't fit with Kettlewell but when you look at the games this season where we have actually defended well Mugabi has been playing. 

40 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Apparently the ball was headed straight out by an Aberdeen player but they were awarded the corner. Obviously we need to defend the resultant set piece much better but the officials have been quite generous to them in each and every fixture this season. I can't wait to get this season in the bin, hopefully VAR follows as well.

Nah, I’m pretty sure it was a corner

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

For whatever reason his face doesn't fit with Kettlewell but when you look at the games this season where we have actually defended well Mugabi has been playing. 

He's played a lot of games this season for someone who's face doesn't fit 

27 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He picks a defence that can't defend set pieces every single week. The guy is never a manager in a million years. 

Better get used to him, cause he's here next season, wait a minute, don't matter what we do you'll still bad mouth him. 

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

Our manager was a defender

He was a midfielder.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/stuart-kettlewell/leistungsdaten/spieler/69429

The point stands that we've got some shite defenders and that he seemingly can't coach them to do the basics. Every opposition manager knows that all their team has to do is lob balls into our box, and then we'll gift them goals. It's pathetic. 

A season we need to put to bed, too many players not good enough to play at this level, Manager needs a serious tactic change for next season or it’s going to be more of the same, sort out the fcukin set piece defending, it’s embarrassing 

13 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Big Bevis a brilliant big guy but I have just never rated him. Great in the air but apart from that. But just my view