Mark Mcghee - Wanted Man

Welldaft Mk1

It is being reported on the BBC that the Dons supporters trust have written an open letter to the board politely requesting the removal of Jimmy Calderwood. I doubt they will take this on board. I also wonder what impact if any this unrest will have on the upcoming game. The main point is that they are also being quoted as stating that Mark McGhee would be the fans choice as a replacement.

I thought it had been too long since we had to put up with this cr*p. Would he take it if offered? I think he would :notworthy:

Would he take it? No idea. He does have history with Aberdeen.

They would have a bigger budget than us, thats for sure but I can't see them being in any better position than us i.e they dont have the ability to split the old firm. The best he could get out of them in my opinion is the same as he can get with us - 3rd place and look for sucess in the cups.

Its also that extra bit further away from his wife and wean isn't it........ maybe thats just my wishful thinking.

Its also that extra bit further away from his wife and wean isn't it........ maybe thats just my wishful thinking.
That was my first thought too.

I suppose he is more likely to take a job like Aberdeen thanks to his prior history. However, I think a job like Birmingham City (when Eck gets the bullet at the end of the season) is what he will be looking for.

That old joke about everyone in Aberdeen having a watch which always shows the one date, 11 May 1983, is as true today as it was at any time during the last near 26 years!

I suspect that McGhee would see potential up there - bigger crowds, a proper beach (sorry, meant pitch), and possibly a club that should be doing better than it is already.

Not sure if this is the sort of thing I'd like to see the MST getting involved with, although I guess the sheepy variety believe they are merely representing the fans views?

We go on a good run for the first time this season and we start touting McGhee for another

job. There has been hardly any speculation at all this season mostly because we have been crap and the gaffers stock has fallen. In fact just a few months ago many wanted him sacked,

personally I couldn't care less if he stays or goes. What will be interesting is whether he starts

talking about moving on again now that he is on the up again.

That old joke about everyone in Aberdeen having a watch which always shows the one date, 11 May 1983, is as true today as it was at any time during the last near 26 years!

This sounds very much like the clock that hangs above your record collection, fella. :unsure:

Digressing slightly but I've just read the article on the BBC.

How deluded are Aberdeen fans? Sitting 4th in the league and they think they have the right to request the immediate removal of Calderwood & Co.

Ideas well above their station.

That's Trusts for you give 'em an inch....

It is being reported on the BBC that the Dons supporters trust have written an open letter to the board politely requesting the removal of Jimmy Calderwood..... . The main point is that they are also being quoted as stating that Mark McGhee would be the fans choice as a replacement.

They're a bit arrogant and delusional are they not? Stuck in a 1980s time warp. What right have they to demand to removal of their current manager and the appointment of a manger with another club?

They're a bit arrogant and delusional are they not? Stuck in a 1980s time warp. What right have they to demand to removal of their current manager and the appointment of a manger with another club?

Did they not do the same with Alex Smith or Jocky Scott? And then ended up with Ebbe Skovdahl? :blink:

I am pretty sure this isn't the first time they have demanded this nonsense.

Would he take it? No idea. He does have history with Aberdeen.

They would have a bigger budget than us, thats for sure but I can't see them being in any better position than us i.e they dont have the ability to split the old firm. The best he could get out of them in my opinion is the same as he can get with us - 3rd place and look for sucess in the cups.

Don't think this is true actually.

Aberdeen are at least twice as big as us in terms of income, budget etc and McGhee has already got us into third. Surely any good manager would believe, with twice what he had he could take it one step further? It's a while since Aberdeen actually won the league but its that THAT long ago that they were finishing as runners up.

Also everyone knows Rangers are in a hell of a state and next season could be a real struggle for them. If a team is going to split the OF next season will be the time to do it.

There is a real opportunity to take on the Old Firm now, particularly Rangers, and I think a club the size of Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen, if well run and with astute management could potentially do so, next season and possibly beyond that depending on the Old Firms finances.

You'll be shocked to see Aberdeen do not have a huge budget, compared to us - larger yes, but it is not huge. That's why they loose their players every season. Mr Milne, on behalf of Aberdeen, this season has already been told he has to give assurances every six months to the bank as their debt, and the linked debts (SG Milne) are so far in the red it is unmanagable.

Also they do not have the resources, due to their service debts to be of any force to the Old Firm. The Old Firm, will always be able to pull something out of the bag over the course of a few years, decades etc. because no one else has the backing of Creditors like the Old Firm. Naebody is going to pull the plug on the Old Firm over debts, can't say the same regarding the other clubs.

That's Trusts for you give 'em an inch....

Yawn....

I think our bad winter spell , meant that McGhee's stock decreased a little.

However if he were to guide us into Europe for the second consecutive season I'd expect a real battle on our hands to keep him.

You then worry about the players we have out of contract - do they follow the gaffer?

I know that is worst case scenario , but it is a concern.

To be fair I think we'd survive without McGhee, I'm more worried about the effect it would have players who we haven't tied down yet.

I think McGhee would hold out for a team down South if he had any inclination that a job might come up down there sooner rather than later.

So Aberdeen fans are greetin' cos they got put out a cup by a team they perecieve they should be beating....and they want McGhee...cos his record in the cup with us is quite remarkable eh?(not a criticism of McGhee as such btw)

Maybe McGhee would go if asked, but if the Aberdeen board were gonna sack Calderwood for a bad cup exit then surely their recent exits against Queen of the South and Queens Park would've been more apt opportunities?