In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible, though I don't know this for certain, that the number 10 shirt will not be reallocated.

me and myy old man were talkin about this the other day.

i would be very surprised if they rellocate the number 10 jersey.

this would be a tough number for a player to walk into.

however we shall just need to wait and see .... gannon might sign that many players over the coming days he wont have enough squad numbers :lol::lol: ... if onlyy

All this mythology about shirt numbers is just that - mythology. With all due respect to Uncle Phil, there have been players as good (and, dare I say, better) in my time that have worn number 10.

The man will not be forgotten, and it's nothing to do with his jersey,

Retiring a shirt when a great club player retires isn't something I'm a fan of, though I think it's more understandable when a player dies whilst wearing the jersey. I think it's a nice touch, done for exceptional reasons, though what the player's family think would be my first consideration.

To be honest, I'm not up with retiring the jersey either. If no-one ever wears it again, there will be no one to carry it on, to remind us of the shirt which our hero wore. However, the next person to wear it has a helluva lot to live up to considering our last three were McFadden, O'Donnell and Clarkson.

All this mythology about shirt numbers is just that - mythology. With all due respect to Uncle Phil, there have been players as good (and, dare I say, better) in my time that have worn number 10.

The man will not be forgotten, and it's nothing to do with his jersey,

Had it been retired after Phil passed on then fair enough. But I think it was the right move to give it to Clarky and now that he's away there is no need to retire the number. Best to keep it going and hope the next player who's honoured with the number 10 jersey turns out to be as great a player as Clarky, Phil and Faddy before him.

Had it been retired after Phil passed on then fair enough. But I think it was the right move to give it to Clarky and now that he's away there is no need to retire the number. Best to keep it going and hope the next player who's honoured with the number 10 jersey turns out to be as great a player as Clarky, Phil and Faddy before him.

Aye, and that man will be Ross Forbes when we do the numbers next season :whistling:

cant see this posted anywhere else, but paul slane was a done deal to go to celtic at the start of this season, the only reason it fell through was that he got a taste of first team football here and at the last minute changed his mind. Thank god for Jim Gannon!!!

cant see this posted anywhere else, but paul slane was a done deal to go to celtic at the start of this season, the only reason it fell through was that he got a taste of first team football here and at the last minute changed his mind. Thank god for Jim Gannon!!!

100% false. HE never had any inclination to go to celtic. If the deal was done, it was on motherwells part.

100% false. HE never had any inclination to go to celtic. If the deal was done, it was on motherwells part.

So possibly NOT false then.

tbf it has been posted several times previously and always along the lines of McGhee / the club having done the deal against the boys wishes.

I have no clue whether it's true or false.

So possibly NOT false then.

tbf it has been posted several times previously and always along the lines of McGhee / the club having done the deal against the boys wishes.

I have no clue whether it's true or false.

Im not saying the deal wasn't done. Im saying, paul had NOTHING to do with it. IF it was done, it was motherwell who done it.

Im not saying the deal wasn't done. Im saying, paul had NOTHING to do with it. IF it was done, it was motherwell who done it.

I was just pointing out that jo.mcr hadn't said it was Slane's doing.

All cleared up now anyway.

lets hope the club sort hime out - as I'd like him to hang around for a couple of years.

beggars belief that one close season Mcghee calls him the new Robbie kean then tries to offload him a season later.

I was just pointing out that jo.mcr hadn't said it was Slane's doing.

All cleared up now anyway.

lets hope the club sort hime out - as I'd like him to hang around for a couple of years.

beggars belief that one close season Mcghee calls him the new Robbie kean then tries to offload him a season later.

Aye, to Celtic as well. I smell a rat Mr McGhee.

Aye the more and more McGhee is away from the club the more and more we are finding out about how shoddy he was in building a future for the club.

I still find it astonishing that we had players of the quality of Forbes, Slane, Hutchison and McHugh sitting in the youth teams when we were struggling last season to find any creative outlet in the team. So what does McGhee do? He signs two shite players on loan in Sheridan and Klimple.

Madness!