In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Is stephen Craigan not the boo boy target for this year already?

I think he may be. At the Steaua game, Craigan played a huge long ball cross-field towards Humphrey who was on the wing. Humphrey totally misjudged his jump and missed the ball, prompting the guy next to me to shout "Fuck's sake Craigan, try and find a man for once". Me and my pals just turned round and told him he was having a laugh. Typical attitude of too many of our fans, just pick on a player for anything even when they haven't actually done anything wrong!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

Christ I hope this isn't true but here goes. Just come back from being away for a few days and met my neighbour on my way in, I stay in Bothwell and not too far away from Mark Reynolds and my neighbour knows him and his girlfriend (Laura?) to speak to.

He knows I'm a Well fan and we always have a wee joke about the football, but he has just told me that Rangers will make a late bid for Mark as it looks like they are going to lose a first team defender on or just before deadline day. He said he asked his girlfriend if they were moving down south soon and got the reply "no we will be staying here he will just have to travel a wee bit further everyday"

Now this is where I don't want to believe him but he thinks Rangers have put a value of around 800K on him. (Was 1M last year so hoping this is where this might be pub talk gone wrong) I dont think we could turn that kind of money down as a club right now but I hope we dont need to be tested on it.

The only other thing from this that gives me any kind of hope that this is a non-starter is I have a friend in the tax office (very high up) who has told me that David Murray is in a hole at the moment and having sell off companies because the banks are really putting the pressure on. Selling companies for 1p just to cut down his debt. That being the case 800K would have to go to the bank first before any player could be bought.

My neighbour has never made such a claim before and I know he has lots of contacts in at Ibrox and thats where this has come from. Also any football news he has ever told me has been spot on as he has a friend that is an agent as well (scum). I hope this is wrong but just wanted to pass on what could be an alarming bit of news for all Well fans.

I WANT TO BE WRONG. I take NO pleasure in posting this and I for one would hate to see us lose him to them.

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER! :lol:

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

He said he asked his girlfriend if they were moving down south soon and got the reply "no we will be staying here he will just have to travel a wee bit further everyday"

My neighbour has never made such a claim before and I know he has lots of contacts in at Ibrox and thats where this has come from.

So which is it? From Mark Reynolds' girlfriend or from sources in Ibrox, make up your mind...

£800,000 looks like a good deal for reynolds at the moment. wouldn't accept it though unless we would have time to be able to use the money to bring in a replacement and a quality striker.

with the business model of the club at the moment we will clearly be looking to punt reynolds within the next year as there's zero chance of him signing a new contract. for me this should be considered when gannon is thinking where to play him this season, it's already been proven he has value as a centrehalf but i don't think he'd be as attractive to clubs down south if we use him as he was against steaua no matter how effective he is at it for us.

Melvin I'm only passing on what he told me. I think the comment from the girlfriend was an off the cuff remark made in the passing. He did say to me he had it from inside Ibrox so thats where its come from.

I hope its all shite as I dont think we can afford to lose anybody else at the moment.

it's already been proven he has value as a centrehalf

I doubt if he were to sign for Rangers he would even play in that position. He's not tall enough to play that position at the highest level imo + plus i think he's a better player in other positions.

During the Under 19s World Cup, he was outstanding playing in a kinda wing-back role. Was my scottish player of the tournie by miles.

but i don't think he'd be as attractive to clubs down south if we use him as he was against steaua no matter how effective he is at it for us.

If he's effective at being a holding midfielder then he'll be just as attractive to other clubs as if he were a effective centre-half. We ain't the only club in the world playing holding midfielders!!!

If Accies can rake in over 1.5M for McCarthy - why accept 800k for Reynolds??? He'd also be better under the wing of the Messiah than Walter 4-5-1 Smith

If he's effective at being a holding midfielder then he'll be just as attractive to other clubs as if he were a effective centre-half. We ain't the only club in the world playing holding midfielders!!!

that's true but how many clubs are paying good money for holding midfielders who aren't particulary talented with the ball at their feet. there's a chance we could turn reynolds into a slightly better marc fitzpatirck.

a centrehalf with pace is a rare thing, players who can sit in front of the back four and shield the defence are ten a penny. even lee mcculloch's doing it for rangers.

Jim Gannon has completed his fifth signing of the summer with the capture of nineteen-year-old Tom Hateley.

The midfielder, son of former Rangers and England striker Mark, was the captain of the Reading youth side and was a big player in the Royals Reserve League winners a few years ago

Another midfielder?? I'm telling you, 2-7-1 is the way forward... :lol:

It does concern me slightly that of five signings this summer, four have been midfielders and one has been a goalkeeper. Particularly given the loss of Quinn, McLean, Clarkson and Sheridan (Obviously pluggin the Porter gap temporarily) leaving defence and attack undermanned. With the emergence of Forbes and Slane, our squad seems overly weighted towards the middle of the park. Unless either Jennings or Hately can also play full back...