In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat Sullivans wiki page says;

Pat can play all across the defence, out on the wide positions or as an emergency central midfielder.

At the age of 26 and his versatility - sounds like a fair shout that Gannon could be looking at him.

"In the future we see the likes John Page and Steve Saunders filling that space but at the moment we are using Jim O'Brien and that is not ideal for the team or Jim O'Brien."

That quote says to me that rather than use Saunders or Page at the moment, we're going to use Jim O'Brien there until we acquire a right back...

Not sure how much fact there is in this report as it comes all the way from Oz

http://www.tribalfootball.com/former-melbo...therwell-263011

Does anyone know if Storey is out of contract with the jags?

Has anyone seen training this week and spotted him on trial?

I saw something about this somewhere on here a few days ago. Don't know if he's still (or ever was) with us on trial, but apparently can play either full back position.

As an aside, things have gone very quiet on the transfer front. I know there's a wee while til the window closes, but the closer we get to that date it seems to me the greater risk we run of just picking up any right back and striker we can find and not the right man for the job...

It has gone very quiet on the transfer front. Although to be fair Gannons other signings appeared completely out of the blue, rather than him talking about this and that for weeks.

I am quite concerned though. The squad is still very thin, and relatively untested, certainly at SPL level.

I'm not going to panic about no signings just yet, but will if there are none in the next couple of weeks, and even more so if we are sitting with nae points when we head to Pittodrie!

Is stephen Craigan not the boo boy target for this year already?

the odds.

chris "the donkey" humphrey - 3-1

john "the tinman" sutton - 5-1

steven "fatboy" jennings - 7-1

"irish" jim o'brien - 9-1

paul "it'd be a dream to play for shellic" slane - 20-1

We seem to have went off-topic because there isn't any news on potential signings. Also, is it not slightly depressing that we are actually discussing potential players that our own fans can then boo? :thumbup:

Does anyone have any info about potential trialists that we are looking at? (& that can be disclosed without jeopordising our chances of signing them?)

We seem to have went off-topic because there isn't any news on potential signings. Also, is it not slightly depressing that we are actually discussing potential players that our own fans can then boo? :thumbup:

Does anyone have any info about potential trialists that we are looking at? (& that can be disclosed without jeopordising our chances of signing them?)

I think we had our tongues firmly in our cheeks as regards the 'boo-boy odds'

No idea about any names as regarding potential signigs. I expect they'll appear out of the blue as it were,like the previous transfer dealings. I feel,probably like most, that a right back and striker are a must.

Simeon Jackson ?

You're determined with this one - but sure I saw on the Sky Sports 'Your Rumours' section that this guy is being chased by some EPL clubs and is rated at £1.5m so can't see him appearing in C&A.