In's And Out's

AndyRoss

7-1 is the sort of score you would have expected in the "old days" before you had a sub keeper you could bring on if your first choice was sent off. Rotten start for Smith but he can console himself that he's earning a decent amount of money (presumably) - still think this was a strange move for him and agree with johnstone that obcurity beckons.

Stuart.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wishaw Press are stating that Jim Gannon is hoping to have a striker (loan deal from a premiership team) in on time for Saturday. Also states that he's still looking for a replacement for Quinn. Darren Smith is injured and neither he or Fitzy are looking for moves away from the Ark............. Gannon is also urging the experienced players to step up to the plate and force their way back in to the team. Quote ''Anybody that is here is in my plans, I don't dismiss anybody'' He does however admit that it will be tough for some of them to force their way back in.

The Wishaw Press are stating that Jim Gannon is hoping to have a striker (loan deal from a premiership team) in on time for Saturday. Also states that he's still looking for a replacement for Quinn. Darren Smith is injured and neither he or Fitsy are looking for moves away from the Ark............. Gannon is also urging the experienced players to step up to the plate and force their way back in to the team. Quote ''Anybody that is here is in my plans, I don't dismiss anybody'' He does however admit that it will be tough for some of them to force their way back in.

Some interesting info there Modfather. Hope it's right re. the striker.

Interesting re Dazzer / Fitzy contrary to what others have heard.

Some interesting info there Modfather. Hope it's right re. the striker.

Interesting re Dazzer / Fitzy contrary to what others have heard.

But did they actualy hear it, or were they just surmising? Some folk do like to read way too much into things then claim it as fact you know :cheers:

thats a few of last years leavers to get a humping in their first proper game...

M Mcghee - 5-1

S Hughes - 7-1

G Smith - 7-1

Wondering if any of them are thinking theyve made a bit of a mistake? there bank account probably says no though!

Good start for Buzz at Brighton - he must have been keen to impress after getting the call to arms after Kuipers got sent off just prior to HT when it was 2-1 to 'udders feeled. He managed to keep it down to 7-1. Blinder!

I can't confirm whether Burley was in the crowd or not.

Go Buzz!

It pains me to say this, but believe it or not Buzz did no to bad last night - he even managed to get booked before he did anything (whilst coming onto the pitch, he picked up the ball from the penalty spot and walked into the goals with it delaying the penalty). He also saved a penalty later in the game.

If he left to further his career he may have got it wrong - although he will make a name for himself if he displaces Kuipers (a living legend down here). That said, its not too difficult a choice between living in darkest Lanarkshire or Sussex by the Sea...

It pains me to say this, but believe it or not Buzz did no to bad last night - he even managed to get booked before he did anything (whilst coming onto the pitch, he picked up the ball from the penalty spot and walked into the goals with it delaying the penalty). He also saved a penalty later in the game.

If he left to further his career he may have got it wrong - although he will make a name for himself if he displaces Kuipers (a living legend down here). That said, its not too difficult a choice between living in darkest Lanarkshire or Sussex by the Sea...

True Seagull, True. However he was leaving to 'split the old firm' and 'win scotland caps' as far as I recalled.

I remember you saying about Kuipers early doors and had misread the situation that he was maybe stepping back from 1st team football and Brighton were looking to get a new #1 in. I didn't realise Kuipers was still the man in posession of the jersey. Looks like a tough job for Buzz.

But did they actualy hear it, or were they just surmising? Some folk do like to read way too much into things then claim it as fact you know :lol:

In 'Well Times article Gannon says that Fitzy & DLS have both spoken to him about their situation but have not expressed wish to leave.

His next game is a big one then. Clean sheet and some big saves to give the manager a dilemma.

I do find it quite funny that he ended up in league one as his big move but hope he does well, decent keeper and certainly one of our better players last season.

Gallacher again anyone?

I'm sure I'd seen somewhere that he could be involved in a swap deal with Ellington of Watford.

'Well Times suggests that we will defo have a EPL striker in on loan by Saturday - who could it be - a youngster? someone coming back from injury?

Any guesses??

Ritchie De Laet from Man utd. Ferguson is keen to get him out on loan for first team experience. The game on the 6th of september indicates there has been contact between the two clubs, given it may not be related.

Think that is ion the back burner now due to Ferdinand etc getting injured.

Think Fergie mentioned this after Birmingham game.

... As far as a young premiership striker goes... Kriztian Nemeth please.

True Seagull, True. However he was leaving to 'split the old firm' and 'win scotland caps' as far as I recalled.

I remember you saying about Kuipers early doors and had misread the situation that he was maybe stepping back from 1st team football and Brighton were looking to get a new #1 in. I didn't realise Kuipers was still the man in posession of the jersey. Looks like a tough job for Buzz.

Kuipers is truly a 1 off.

He makes some unbelievable stops, and then a moment of madness can spoil it all.

A wonderful servant to Brighton who is possibly the most passionate football player I have ever seen, but he is increasingly dividing the support in terms of whether he should be no 1.

Competition with Buzz appears to have sharpened up Kuipers this season, and until last night at least, he looked like a good no 1. If Buzz gets a couple of decent performances under his belt (which will depend a lot on the defence in front of him IMHO) then I think he could take off and quickly make a name for himself down here. If things dont go his way, he will simply be remembered as yet another keeper that Kuipers saw off.

I'll try to dig out last week's proggy - there is a good article on Buzz in there which I'll post in the appropriate forum for anyone thats bored. Buzz talks well of Motherwell, and Uncle Phil in the article and it may be of some interest?

The boy from Man Utd is a defender and is a non-starter.

Heard interview with Fergie after Brum game and he said the boy would be involved a lot in next few weeks due to injuries to Ferdinand, Vidic & Evans - so no chance for us!

Given Arsenal have been up here the last few days any chance one of their young guns could be on the way. Simpson? I know they are reported to still be in for the guy from Bordeaux and have a record of loaning out strikers for experience.

In 'Well Times article Gannon says that Fitzy & DLS have both spoken to him about their situation but have not expressed wish to leave.

I wonder how Gannon viewed that then.

Given that he's said on a couple of occasions he was looking for the more experienced players to fight then their way back into the team, I would imagine that he'd have been pleased that they were willing to stick around and fight for a place.

Unless ofcourse he had already written them off, was privately looking to get them off the wage bill to bring in more of his own targets.

Interesting one.