In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Just because it's an EPL striker dosen't mean it will be someone known or even good for that matter.

It'll be a guy we haven't heard of.... or Stokes at best but hopefully whoever it is he does a job.

BBC Sport now reporting he has signed a 3 year deal. Lets hope he ain't the player Falkirk had a couple of years back - would have liked us to sign him.

Lets hope Mr Gannon comes up trumps with our EPL starlet!

I'll say it now. He won't be.

Look at the strike force partner Stokes had at Falkirk. Big Alan Gow to knock everything down for him. Stokes won't have any of that at Hibernian. It is not rocket science to see both Stokes and Gow fed off each other if you see they have done precisely fuck all since splitting up. Now if the Hobos signed a player that could do that to go along with Stokes then I would be shitting myself, but until then I'll be shocked if he scores or plays anywhere near as good as he did at Falkirk.

EDIT. Unless you mean I think he won't sign. Yeah that is a definite but he won't be as good as the Stokes of Falkirk :wallbash:

Look at the strike force partner Stokes had at Falkirk. Big Alan Gow to knock everything down for him. Stokes won't have any of that at Hibernian. It is not rocket science to see both Stokes and Gow fed off each other if you see they have done precisely fuck all since splitting up. Now if the Hobos signed a player that could do that to go along with Stokes then I would be shitting myself, but until then I'll be shocked if he scores or plays anywhere near as good as he did at Falkirk.

Eh?

Colin Nish is the very man to knock it down for Stokes.

Hibs have the potential to be very good going forward with Nish, Stokes, Riordan, Benji, Zemmamma & a couple of excellent young kids (Byrne & Wotherspoon) in their ranks.

Was about to post that about Nish myself. A million miles from being a world beater but a decent SPL striker with a fairly good record against us. With Riordan etc as well I agree that Hibs might have a decent forward line this year. Hope I'm wrong right enough....

Good player but not as good as a lot of the hype would suggest. Kyle at Killie is another one that imo fits that category .

I'd say 10 goals in 12 SPL games for Kyle and 14 goals in 16 SPL games for Stokes tends to justify the hype in my view.