In's And Out's

AndyRoss

In the case of McClean i thought he said he owed MFC for standing by him when he was injured, correct me if im wrong?

Clarky as much as he scored important goals, and the emotional attachment to the club, he couldnt trap a feckin beach ball the majority of the time.

We need a fresh start to clear out the dead wood.

Mon the DOSSERS,

Ill still be here for the next 20yrs the same as the last.

Cat Pigeons Amongst.......(rearrange)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the case of McClean i thought he said he owed MFC for standing by him when he was injured, correct me if im wrong?

Of all the players leaving the club, Brian MacLean is the one I'm most disappointed with. We've stood by him and supported him through two bad injuries. He then comes back and pleads to be given a chance to prove himself. Mark McGhee gives him that oportunity by moving other better players out of position to accommodate him. He is then offered a new one year deal, which in the circumstances is very fair. How does he thank us? I don't think he'll be that great a loss in playing terms but he's certainly very mercenary.

Aparently....Reynolds is due at Burnley for a medical,

Very reliable source inside the club.

A Premiership club, well done to the guy. Coyle will do well for him. I remember thinking when he took the young guy from Dundee (McDonald??), that he would disappear without a trace down there, but he hasn't. Would certainly be a steep learning curve for Reynolds.

As with the proposed sales of Clarkson and Quinn, the real questions are going to be: what are the fees involved? And how much will any new manager get to rebuild what will be a depleted squad? I expect JB to be playing down the answer to the second one, we don't want other clubs thinking we have money burning a hole in our pocket. Our moves in the transfer market are going to have to be quick and discreet in order to avoid bidding wars with other clubs. After the way he has dealt with the management appointment, I have faith in JB to be discreet not so sure about quick. Not a criticism, as the management appointment is a crucial one. Just hope that our moves to bolster the squad are done quite quickly, as we will hopefully have a few new players to try and knit together...

I am slowly getting my head around the idea of selling the crown jewels.

I still don't like it but if we are getting £700k+ for DC, I'd like t think that Burnley if true have offered us a similiar or better figure and whatever we get for Quinn we could be looking at anywhere up to £2million hopefully coming in with the majority of it being given to the manager.

I've seen posts on here saying that we should've been looking at bidding for Leigh Griffiths and a few others that Dundee have bought. If these sort of players are good enough then we should be able to buy about 8 or 9 players if £125k as spent on Griffiths is anything to go by.

We have known since the start of the pitch fiasco that McGhee's budget would'e been dealt a severe blow this season. However since then we have a good chance of getting through 2 qualifying rounds of the Europa League. (Well slim chance of geeting past the 2nd). If we can do that and draw a bigger team (maybe Roma) then we can supplement the coffers as well.

Obviously we also need to wait and see what happens with the tv rights before any manager would gte his hands on all that is brought in but it should hopefully be enough to give him a decent wage budget, especially with the others that have left freeing up wages as well.

Somehow I think selling off our team doesn't help our preparations for qualifying. At this rate Llanelli will be more of a struggle than it originally was. Deliberately hampering our chances of landing a tricky tie in Albania? That will cost us money for sure, Llanelli are the only beneficiaries of the 1st round, cashing in on prized assets before we play with no chance of adequate replacements seems to me we've already decided this won't be a long haul.

Somehow I think selling off our team doesn't help our preparations for qualifying. At this rate Llanelli will be more of a struggle than it originally was. Deliberately hampering our chances of landing a tricky tie in Albania? That will cost us money for sure, Llanelli are the only beneficiaries of the 1st round, cashing in on prized assets before we play with no chance of adequate replacements seems to me we've already decided this won't be a long haul.

...is the reason I can't really get excited about next week's game. At this rate, it'll be the first Motherwell U19s game I've attended. Either we've decided that Europe's not worth bothering with or we're being very dismissive of Llanelli's chances...

Aye, Reynolds would go with my best wishes, but it does mean that the team for next week is starting to look like...

Fraser

Saunders Craigan Hutchison Hammell

McGarry/DL Smith Lasley Fitzpatrick O'Brien

Murphy Sutton

with the only recognised first team subbie being whichever of DL Smith or McGarry doesn't start...

is there any chance of a club statement on this, or is losing all 3 of these players still conjecture at the moment? I would say we could well struggle against Llanelli at this rate and really shoot ourselves in the foot for the Albanian team.

There's only a week between rounds so, losing these players, we might well beat Llanelli, but travelling to Albania with that squad? We'd be as well not turning up.

is there any chance of a club statement on this, or is losing all 3 of these players still conjecture at the moment? I would say we could well struggle against Llanelli at this rate and really shoot ourselves in the foot for the Albanian team.

There's only a week between rounds so, losing these players, we might well beat Llanelli, but travelling to Albania with that squad? We'd be as well not turning up.

You're forgetting that before the games against Llanelli and in between the two ties, we can sign players who would eligible for the game against the Albanians in the off chance we get there...

You're forgetting that before the games against Llanelli and in between the two ties, we can sign players who would eligible for the game against the Albanians in the off chance we get there...

I know that, but the chances of signing decent quality players who are ready to come straight into the team at the start of july and do a job at a decent level of fitness is pretty slim within the space of a week/fortnight I'd say.

The clubs that have been suggested as buying our assets have no participation in Europe and the start of the domestic seasons is still a long way off. Could it be feasible that any agreed transfer would not happen until after the first and possibly even the second round of the Europe League?

The clubs that have been suggested as buying our assets have no participation in Europe and the start of the domestic seasons is still a long way off. Could it be feasible that any agreed transfer would not happen until after the first and possibly even the second round of the Europe League?

And risk injuries? That's fine if it's a pre-contract as these clubs would not then be wasting a transfer fee, but I suspect it would be unworkable in a cash deal...

My take on it is that, with all due respect to Lanechhkklly (and some of the comments so far from our own fans have been disgraceful), we will beat them over two legs with Clarky, Reynolds & Quinn missing. Therefore that gives us 14 days* from now to get a few signings in the door!

*14 days til the 10th July, when our squad list has to be entered.

how come there hasn't been anything from the club on this? Even a "we've been approached but nothing agreed yet" line?

Because until it actually happens, then it might not happen

I'm quite happy only to read about actual confirmed transfers, too often specualtion comes to nothing ( not necessarily in this case)

and surely from your marketing background you realise its not a good idea to advertise that as a business some of the key attractions are in danger of being sold off, at a time when the business is trying to sell tickets for the up and coming season

Because until it actually happens, then it might not happen

I'm quite happy only to read about actual confirmed transfers, too often specualtion comes to nothing ( not necessarily in this case)

and surely from your marketing background you realise its not a good idea to advertise that as a business some of the key attractions ae being sold off, at a time when the business is trying to sell tickets for the up and coming season

Yeah but if the club is actively trying to sell it's key attractions as is suggested, then surely (from a marketing point of view!) it's best to get the fact out there, to get the attention of other clubs who might not have noticed; with the intention of starting a potential bidding war? Season tickets are up on last year so we are told, and I'd imagine most of the old holders have renewed already, so how many more will be sold between now and the start of the season that would be affected by this?

If we get in someone like Boothroyd I've no doubt this will negate any negative impact on season ticket sales.

Just seen it on sky sports news that £800k deals been agreed.

Don't see how teams like Hibs will get £3m for Fletcher when we're only getting that for Clarkson. The Llanelli game is looking trickier as the days go by.