In's And Out's

AndyRoss

these names don't fill me with confidence, if are to be concentrating on signing players from down south it should be guys with good first team experience like porter and jennings rather than youths who can't make the breakthrough in the premiership.

Did Stokes not do very well at Falkirk?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rather than youths who can't make the breakthrough in the premiership.

Premiership youngsters have to start somewhere, not many youngsters manage to force their way past the likes of Tevez, Robinho, Rooney, Torres, Terry, Lampard etc etc in their early days.

There must be a huge number of youngsters that have started with Premiership clubs and been freed/sold then made their name in the lower leagues before eventually returning back to the big-time over the years.

these names don't fill me with confidence, if are to be concentrating on signing players from down south it should be guys with good first team experience like porter and jennings rather than youths who can't make the breakthrough in the premiership.

Do you seriously think we as a club are in a position to be signing 4 or 5 experienced players from down south?

We are scraping the bottom of the barrel like every other SPL club.

Welcome to the future!

This is where your scouts earn their crust. We could pull in reserve players from the Premiership and Championship and end up with guys like Stokes, Alan McCormack, Kasper Schmeichal, etc. However, you could also end up with guys like Stephen Cosgrove so that's the chance you take. Unfortunately, when you're Motherwell, it has to be done. Fingers crossed Gannon knows what he's doing. I have faith.

Right guys, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a signing made today/tomorrow and I'll put money on it being a goal keeper! The reason I say such is that rumour has it only gannon took training this morning with no sign of his assistant and goal keeper coach(meldrum). Feeling is there away sorting something out! Maybe totally wrong but with early discussions on here this morning I think there's something in it with these 2 missing from training today should what I've heard be true!

John Terry, Jermaine Defoe, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand.

All went on loan spells when they were younger to get experience, didn't do their careers any harm did it?

In Italy, unless the player is out of this world, most younger players will be sent to smaller clubs to learn until the larger club deems them ready for first team action at the highest level.

Right guys, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a signing made today/tomorrow and I'll put money on it being a goal keeper! The reason I say such is that rumour has it only gannon took training this morning with no sign of his assistant and goal keeper coach(meldrum). Feeling is there away sorting something out! Maybe totally wrong but with early discussions on here this morning I think there's something in it with these 2 missing from training today should what I've heard be true!

sounds interesting!

owain fon williams per chance?

Apologies if already been mentioned but Gannon is to make a decision over ex Hibs midfielder Damon Gray in the approaching days....

thought he was with partick?, did well for them on loan a season back, remember them being gutted that he was cup tied when they played rangers in the semi i think it was!

How many players do you think will take the pay cut to play for motherwell if they are already getting first team football at championship or premier league stage.

both of the players i mentioned had only played in leagues one and two before coming here.

i'm not saying it's impossible to pull a stokes esque gem but off the names mentioned don't seem very promising. the guy from swindon gets a bad rep and wiki says the guy from villa played a trial match for hereford this summer. the everton keeper seems a better bet.

our squad needs some experience, not more kids. premiership cast off kids who come up here tend to be much more miss than hit, we desperately need at least 3 more proven players.

MarC

Know any german players that could do with some first team experience or was that supposed to be MM.

Think our young guys all have the potential to do well this season. I think the Albania match might be a bit early for them to show what they can do.

Forbes Slane and Saunders all looked good in Wales. McHugh isn't far away nor Archdeacon. Page didn't do badly either. When you look at it like that thats is 6 players all with little first team experience. As they say you can't win anything with boys so who knows, young is fearless, older is wise.

From the comments coming from JG then he seems to suggest the boys could do with at least 6 months (was quoted in the Sunday mail that he would get loans in for 6 months and see how the youngsters develop). Think the problem we will have is the heat over in Albania and by all accounts a decent team to play against. Think he will bring in one player before wednesdays deadline.

AYE! Theres pleanty out there as the won the Euro U18 and U21 championships this year, however teams such as Bremen and Liverpool have already snatched them.

Good to see some names being branded about. I will take in a couple of loan deals no problem but one or two of the signings MUST be signed on two year deals. We NEED to get some 'Motherwell' players in to give us a bit of stability. Apart from one or two tied to the club the rest can be 1 year deals and loans but we need to go out and get one or two "Motherwell Players"

Good to see some names being branded about. I will take in a couple of loan deals no problem but one or two of the signings MUST be signed on two year deals. We NEED to get some 'Motherwell' players in to give us a bit of stability. Apart from one or two tied to the club the rest can be 1 year deals and loans but we need to go out and get one or two "Motherwell Players"

Do you mean Motherwell-minded? Or Motherwell class? Or just guys who like Buckie and chips?

This is where your scouts earn their crust. We could pull in reserve players from the Premiership and Championship and end up with guys like Stokes, Alan McCormack, Kasper Schmeichal, etc. However, you could also end up with guys like Stephen Cosgrove so that's the chance you take. Unfortunately, when you're Motherwell, it has to be done. Fingers crossed Gannon knows what he's doing. I have faith.

Good point. Some folk on here bleat about the risk of taking on unknown talent. Isn't it the job of scouts to acquire knowledge of talent? In today's game, there are loads of young players being rejected because clubs have to reduce their squad size. Just cos they're rejected, doesn't mean they aren't any good.

I expect over the coming weeks, we will see what JG knows about hidden talent.

A man meeting Kunyake's description was seen outside FP today at lunchtime, talking to Porteous and G.Young. Could he be the wildcard signing or will a new keeper beat him to it?

Apparently 'Kunyake' was sporting a rotter of a jumper and dicking about with his phone for much of the time, maybe killing time til the gaffer returned back from training.