In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah definitely, I just looked it up. Gannon seemed to be suggesting he had till next Wednesday to make signings. Is there maybe another wild-card place of some description which can be entered closer to the date?

EDIT: Mnnngg confirmed in next paragraph

For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, after the above-mentioned
qualifying dates, one player on List A may be changed until 24.00 CET on
the day before the relevant first-leg match, provided that the club’s national
association confirms in writing that the new player is eligible to play at
domestic level at this time.

Albiet this says up to midnight will have to watch for the SFA shutting at 5pm. :thumbup:

Wonder if anyone from the club will ask them to stay open up till midnight. Flow?

Albiet this says up to midnight will have to watch for the SFA shutting at 5pm. :thumbup:

Wonder if anyone from the club will ask them to stay open up till midnight. Flow?

The thought of the SFA closing at 5 had occurred to me as well. I would imagine that we could fax the registration to the SFA even if their offices were closed and UEFA might accept a copy of the fax as evidence...

Realistically I can't see us getting anyone in today. Hope I'm proved wrong but I very much doubt we'll see any new faces (apart from Jennings) in the next round.

As the day goes on (and I know we have til 11 tonight), it looks like you might be right...

I take it no-one came in today then? Have to say, I'm a bit disappointed as I thought we might have got one, maybe two, to bolster the squad for Albania. Looks like it'll be as you were with Jennings and potentially someone's name being added on Wednesday night...

Any names being mentioned this weekend in the media up there re new recruits ?
Nothing much at all after the initial hype - but would prefer it that way until the deals are signed - we as a club have probably been hurt more with media/agents alerting other interested parties of transfer targets than anyone else.

Nothing much at all after the initial hype - but would prefer it that way until the deals are signed - we as a club have probably been hurt more with media/agents alerting other interested parties of transfer targets than anyone else.

Awww, I was hope for a "Tevez seen at Fir Park, says the Bellshill speaker" type story :lol:

On Sky sports that the goie Mark Brown is to be moved on. Worth a loan deal? Think his wages would be too high for us for a permanent move. Might also be better for celtic in the long run as it would allow potential buyers to see if he is any good. Can't remember when I last saw him play in a game.

On Sky sports that the goie Mark Brown is to be moved on. Worth a loan deal? Think his wages would be too high for us for a permanent move. Might also be better for celtic in the long run as it would allow potential buyers to see if he is any good. Can't remember when I last saw him play in a game.

His last game was when they got pumped 4-2 off the sheep

from the sunday mail interview with JG

"The one thing we will consider is good quality loans who will give us a performance in the next six months and then we can assess over that time period whether our kids have grown enough to take their place.

"It's something I've always done because as a manager you've got to think long term but you have to make sure you buy yourself that time by being successful in the short-term.

"There's not a great pool of players available for nothing. Good players usually command a transfer fee.

"But we've an opportunity to bring in some really good players from down south and I think that's going to be the main target.

"We plan to bring in players who are available on frees and have a look at them, whether they're Scottish or English as there are some excellent footballers in Scotland.

Looks like he doesn't have any money for transfers.

No chance, he is even worse at commanding his area than Frazer! Wouldn't sign him if he was willing to play for nothing! TBH I can't believe Celtic signed him!

from the sunday mail interview with JG

"The one thing we will consider is good quality loans who will give us a performance in the next six months and then we can assess over that time period whether our kids have grown enough to take their place.

"It's something I've always done because as a manager you've got to think long term but you have to make sure you buy yourself that time by being successful in the short-term.

"There's not a great pool of players available for nothing. Good players usually command a transfer fee.

"But we've an opportunity to bring in some really good players from down south and I think that's going to be the main target.

"We plan to bring in players who are available on frees and have a look at them, whether they're Scottish or English as there are some excellent footballers in Scotland.

Could simply be JG pretending we don't have any money so that clubs don't bump up their asking proce for players in the know that we have some pennies to spend? BUT could just as easily be that we don't have money to burn!

JB said Gannon has money to spend on Bosmans or small transfer fees - however he sees fit. Remember, though, a 'free' transfer isn't free. While no transfer fee is involved, a signing-on fee is often required.

The stuff quoted in the Sunday Mail was in the NOTW as well, along with him speaking about how important the fans are at any club. He was basically saying how he feels a responsibility with transfers not to waste the fans' money.

The suggestion that any signings will be reasonably short term until he can get our young players ready for regular first team action might explain the fact that Jennings is on a one year deal...

If the Gaffers looking for players on short term deals to help out the youngsters, he could do a lot worse than Christian Dailly, and it might give us someone who can win a header from a cross ball.

Hope your future posts are better than your first one mate ;)

To be fair, Dailly probably would do a job for a few sides in the SPL. But although he's one of the experienced guys who has looked after himself, I still don't think he would come into the category of mobile players that Gannon says he is looking for. Does fit the versatile category though...

A mate of mine said he read something in the Sun about Stockport's welsh keeper Owain Fon Williams being a target for us and Leeds as his contract was up. Anyone else heard about this?

At the time JG accepted the post, there were suggestions he would sign up a number of Stockport players as the club is in administration. Fon Williams was POTY last season and out of contract - therefore a likely signing. However, at present, this is still only press (and fans') speculation. As a tall keeper he'd be a good signing though.