In's And Out's

AndyRoss

you would have thought that we would have been in talks with all our out of contract players before end of season?? dont subscribe to the theory that mcghee wasnt bothered because he knew he was going. He may well have suspected but what if JC or GS didnt go?

surely he was at least hedging his bets by talking to those out of contract he wanted to keep if he stayed his first move for aberdeen was for hughes.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would have thought that we would have been in talks with all our out of contract players before end of season?? dont subscribe to the theory that mcghee wasnt bothered because he knew he was going. He may well have suspected but what if JC or GS didnt go?

surely he was at least hedging his bets by talking to those out of contract he wanted to keep if he stayed his first move for aberdeen was for hughes.

McGhee knew that Strachan was quitting Celtic whether they won the SPL or not. He was convinced the job was his. He knew he would not be at Fir Park this season. Like most on here, I do subscribe to the theory that he couldn't be arsed getting the out-of-contract players signed up on new deals.

Stuart.

So is it 100% that he'll be joining then? If he comes into the first team (whenever that may be) looking as assured as Saunders did, then we'll have won a watch...

Yeah he has signed a two year contract, he palyed in the same teams at queens as saunders. Very good player, esp in front of goal.

McGhee knew that Strachan was quitting Celtic whether they won the SPL or not. He was convinced the job was his. He knew he would not be at Fir Park this season. Like most on here, I do subscribe to the theory that he couldn't be arsed getting the out-of-contract players signed up on new deals.

Stuart.

and you think john boyle, lee ann dempster and stewart robertson just thought we'll leave it up to mark?

buzz and hughes (who still might sign) knew they would get more money elsewhere. klimpl is over expensive for what he is and we probably value brain mclean lower than he values himself due to the amount of money we've paid him for hobbling about on crutches.

mcghee should take the blame for wasting money on malcolm rather than strengthening last summer and for not blooding youngsters but it's not his fault that those guys didn't sign new contracts.

The guy wants first team football at centre half and was out of contract. Iff motherwell cant offer both then i dont blame him for going to Falkirk.

All this stick by us crap because we helped him is bull. The guy's looking after his best intrests which is regular first team football so he can showcase his talents.

Good solid player imo and i hope this move does him well in the long term and gets him a move down south.

Good luck big chap.

What this guy said....

Buzz won't be signing a new deal with us, he's signed a 2 year deal with Brighton.

Brighton !! Coca Cola League 1. The Third Division in old money !!

Great step up Buzz. I wish footballers would just be honest and admit they make decisions on their next job in the same way as all of us.

Stuart.

Can't believe McLean and Smiths knocked us back and went to Falkirk and Brighton. Fair enough if they go to the championship or a team in the top half of the SPL, a team that has at least decent ambitions to achieve.

Leaving us to go and join those teams is ridiculous.

McLean at least probably just wanted to sign for someone as he had no way of knowing if the new manager would keep him on and it doesn't appear like McGhee offered him a new contract. With so little money about the thought of hanging on would probably be quite worrying. As for Buzz, I don't think he really wanted to stay with us.

the llanelli stricker grithiths( i cant spell it) has scored 101 goals in 90 appearences. maybe we cud sign him if he plays well against us

Isn't he the llaneli player with the virus?

Was reading the Metro on the train today and McLean was saying something along the lines of working with Eddie May was a major attraction for him and he can't wait to get working with him. He also said he had no qualms in joining Falkirk as everyone there has lots of ambition.

:huh:

And it's a 2 year deal he signed.

Was reading the Metro on the train today and McLean was saying something along the lines of working with Eddie May was a major attraction for him and he can't wait to get working with him. He also said he had no qualms in joining Falkirk as everyone there has lots of ambition.

:huh:

And it's a 2 year deal he signed.

He also mentioned the facilities that Falkirk have which could help him improve which I thought was an interesting comment to make.

I believe they use training facilities at Stirling University and while I have no idea how they might compare with the facilities we have but it has been raised as long as I can remember that when bad weather comes we seem to be reduced to spending time on astroturf or indoors in the South Stand.

Wonder if Jim Gannon will make any observations or changes in that respect.

He also mentioned the facilities that Falkirk have which could help him improve which I thought was an interesting comment to make.

I believe they use training facilities at Stirling University and while I have no idea how they might compare with the facilities we have but it has been raised as long as I can remember that when bad weather comes we seem to be reduced to spending time on astroturf or indoors in the South Stand.

Wonder if Jim Gannon will make any observations or changes in that respect.

I reckon we'll possibly get to use the faclities at the new motherwell college campus ,remember as well though the new regional sports facility is being built up at the craig, maybe get a wee shot of that when its built

In regards to Brain Mclean I must admit to being very disappointed in his interviews so far. Not once as he yet thanked Motherwell or the Fans for standing bye him during his time at the club with horrendous injuries.

Would be nice to get even a little comment as when you think about it he cost us a hell of a lot of money during his time at the club with wages and physio fees etc.........

Was he the dirty one elbowing all our players?

Yup, and also he looked very poor. Despite the fact he had about 6 inches on Craigan, Craggs beat him in the air pretty much every time. Their main tactic was punting the ball to that boy, which didn't work.

I'm always the optimist, we're gonna pump them down there! ^_^

We need to replace Clarky, his absence tonight was more than obvious , Sutton can't jump, can't header a ball with power caouldnae hit a coo on the arse with a banjo.

Not sure about that Al. It simply wasn't Clarky's type of game. He thrives playing open football and tonight was all about unpicking a massed defence. Porter however may well have made a difference. I doubt very much if any of the palyers leaving us over the summer would have made the slightest difference this evening.