In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if this 'Six' is indeed the amount he is 'allowed' to bring in, what positions should they be? In my opinion we were a Left winger short last season (like the last 5 seasons!! :thumbup: ) and we were a Striker short when Ports left.

Quinn isn't away yet so we can replace him with a RB if/when he officially leaves. That leaves us with the following REQUIRED. In order of essential-ness -(imo)

Striker - To replace Clarky

Centre Mid - Attacking (Could be Jennings from Tranmere?) - To replace Hughes

Centre Half - A big fuck off wan at that. - To replace McLean

Goalkeeper - 1 isnae enough!!

Centre Mid - Defensive -To replace Klimpl/Boab

Left Winger/Forward - As Jimbo likes to be flexible this 'other' Striker could be in the McCormack mould who can play wide too.

Theres yer six players and that would do me!!! :cheers:

The guy wants first team football at centre half and was out of contract. Iff motherwell cant offer both then i dont blame him for going to Falkirk.

All this stick by us crap because we helped him is bull. The guy's looking after his best intrests which is regular first team football so he can showcase his talents.

Good solid player imo and i hope this move does him well in the long term and gets him a move down south.

Good luck big chap.

The guy wants first team football at centre half and was out of contract. Iff motherwell cant offer both then i dont blame him for going to Falkirk.

All this stick by us crap because we helped him is bull. The guy's looking after his best intrests which is regular first team football so he can showcase his talents.

Good solid player imo and i hope this move does him well in the long term and gets him a move down south.

Good luck big chap.

All people were looking for was for him to return the loyalty, is that really crap?

Yes but realistically in football in this day and age there is no such thing as loyalty.

Maybe not but it doesn't stop you wanting it? Football fans think differently to players and that includes me. Whether it exists or not doesn't stop you demanding it. The guy opicked up a wage while spending most of his time on the physio's couch. Although it wasn't his fault the least people expect was for him to devote another year to the club. Is that really unreasonable.

As for me i don't think he is much of a loss anyway, I remember the goals he cost us against Dundee in the cup......utter criminal

Everone has a mind of their own, there is no point blaming it on the other dick!!
"The other dick" could have offered him a 2 or 3 year contract if he wanted him to stay. However, he was too busy working on his own exit.

McGhee never seemed to rate McLean (and neither did a lot of the fans on here) so I can see why he was keen to join a club where he was wanted.

"The other dick" could have offered him a 2 or 3 year contract if he wanted him to stay. However, he was too busy working on his own exit.

McGhee never seemed to rate McLean (and neither did a lot of the fans on here) so I can see why he was keen to join a club where he was wanted.

Right a gee up am only tring to play devil's advocate and am making a right arse of it youse win :thumbup:

Buzz - Wanted to leave to win trophies and improve his chances of getting more involved in Scotland squad IIRC and goes to Brighton? Fuck 'um, he will be replace without a problem

I actually liked McLean, we have done a lot for him over the years with his injuries but him walking out on us to go to Falkirk I am a bit pissed off about tbh, couldnt care less what happens to him now just hope he stays injury free.

Chuffed that Gannon has acted quickly in market, seems this Jennings boy is a bit of a player, Tranmere fans loved him. Exciting times ahead for us!

:lol:

on ssn there that peterbrough have made a 2nd bid to get defender josh thompson from stockport.

on of the defenders that we were linked with, wonder how much they are offering...and wether we could match it.

Motherwell turn down the chance to sign Iain Turner from Everton.

Interested to hear more about this story. I can see no mention of it anywhere else. He played 10 minutes at the end of the recent Scotland B international at broadwood. Fairly highly respected as a goalkeeper. Could have done worse???

McLean and Hughes leaving doesn't break my heart. Are Motherwell fans seeing Brian McLean line up against us next season really going to think "Aw, naw, we'll never get past him..."? Hughes, unless Gannon can give him fresh impetus, probably needs a move. he's become too comfortable simply being the big fish at Motherwell. I suspect we might see another guy called Stephen in midfield for us next season. I'm told that we've made an enquiry about Stephen Gleeson of Wolves although we're competing with MK Dons.

I know Beevers is away to Colchester, but what of Patrick Boyle? Or Gary Smith, the young boy from Queens Park? I know the boy Smith would be one for the future, but surely Boyle would be one that should be in contention...

There is almost no way that Gary Smith will be ready for the first team this season, i know the boy and he is delighted to be at Motherwell, even turned down the chance to go to celtic(how he supports) but even he feels that it will take aseason in the 19's to get upto the standard of players that are in the first team. Tho Gordon Young really rates the boy, hetried toget queens to let him leave them in january, but they insisted he stayed so we just kept in contact with him until he could sign the deal. Tho im no expert i reallyfancy the boys chances of developing the way he/we and the club hope.

A great signing for my other team, although I thought Buzz wanted to split the Old Firm??

The 35 year old you mention is truly a 1 off, and famously, a former Dutch Marine. God knows what he'll make of Buzz screaming like a big girls blouse!

Welcome Buzz, we can at least keep the folks here informed how well he does.

Kuipers is finished - thanks god we have a decent keeper at last to replace him!

And I bet McGhee is delighted that a Motherwell player is doing it too given the grief that overrated Brighton "legend" caused him! :lol:

There is almost no way that Gary Smith will be ready for the first team this season, i know the boy and he is delighted to be at Motherwell, even turned down the chance to go to celtic(how he supports) but even he feels that it will take aseason in the 19's to get upto the standard of players that are in the first team. Tho Gordon Young really rates the boy, hetried toget queens to let him leave them in january, but they insisted he stayed so we just kept in contact with him until he could sign the deal. Tho im no expert i reallyfancy the boys chances of developing the way he/we and the club hope.

So is it 100% that he'll be joining then? If he comes into the first team (whenever that may be) looking as assured as Saunders did, then we'll have won a watch...

I was sure we had offered him a one year deal at the end of the season, could be wrong though. Can't blame the guy for looking after number 1, everyone would do the same in a similar situation.

Does anyone know for sure if this one year contract offer story is true? Was the Falkirk deal done before Gannon got a chance to rate McLean?

I'm sorry to see him go. After all his injuries, he looked like finding some form towards the end of last season. I think Gannon will do well if he can sign up better than him. Sorry to see him go.