Mirren Game

happyslappy

That's why we're not winning. Not why we're losing though. Nope, that goal, like McCarthy's second at Accies falls 100% on Reynolds because he is one footed. Fucking pathetic.
That's just pedantic. If we had scored 2 goals we wouldn't have been losing at that stage either. Unfortunately the number of draws we had during our unbeaten run came back to bite us, and the reason for most of those draws has been our inability to finish teams off by scoring goals.

It's obvious of course, but instead of drawing, say, 4 of those games, we had won 2 and lost 2, then we would already have been guaranteed top 6. However, we drew far too many that we should have killed off. Today is just another example of that inability. It's easy to blame the defence (and I do it myself), but the strikers need to do their part too. That's why it's a team game.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't think McGhee was the problem today. All down to the players I'm afraid. The bench was pretty thin due to our complete lack of depth.

How about playing the left back at left back? The right back at right back? Then maybe a left mid at left mid? It was obvious it needed changed, but far too late he puts O'Brien to left mid, quinn to right mid, and Hammell back to left back. Too. Fucking. Late.

This performance for me certainly seals the fact that I'm not renewing my season ticket. Players didn't even look bothered. That's them on on their summer holidays now - enjoy earning your over-inflated wages for doing sweet piss all this season.

out with a whimper again, just like in baith cup competitions this year tae. some pretty heartless displays in the games that mattered most have made this a disappointing season.

Spot on.

Nancy 2nd leg - pish

Cup Quarter replay - pish

Big Accies derby - pish

Today - pish

Bottlers

Just back in from the game today and really I dont think I should be posting at the moment as yet again I am very angry and very disappointed.......

Where was the drive, where was the passion, where was the will to win the game. We played the game in 2nd gear. We created nothing but then again with 6 defenders playing what do you expect... remember Klimpl is a defender.

When the first goal went in, not one player stood up and attempted to gee the team up, the heads all went down, we had nearly 15mins left to play........

I feel sick to the stomach with that totally inept, incompetent and frustratingly poor performance.

All I can say is thank god we are 14 points ahead of the drop zone as that is as bad as Malpas football and definate relegation football.

Time for the players at the club to take a long hard look at themselves.

45 minute motherwell strike again great in the first alf totally pis in the second couldnt score in a barrell of fannies clarkson was pish again! dont think buzz was to blame for any of the goals though i for one have no plans to go back to fir park again this season

absolute pish mate, Clarkson was the only player who looked interested for us, and was actually willing to chase the ball!

And for the guy sitting in front of me in the East Stand today....get a grip please mate. How you can say "Get tae fuck McGhee ya dick!" after our first goal is ridiculous! How can McGhee take the blame for Reynolds' mistake?

If anything criticise McGhee about being useless when it comes to making subs. Over-confidence once again from the gaffer.

Watched the game on TV, St Mirren started brightly but after 10 minutes it was one way traffic bit no real threat. Play reasonable football on a pitch that is, well at best, a disgrace.

Second half was pretty equall, glad it's not only our defenders who make howlers. Dormans goal? Quality. Well he does it fairly regular, and as some of you posters have said, hard to see him staying.

Can understand your frustration, game was in your hands and lost it, we have played like that, only look back to Monday agaiosnt Hibs, so you are not alone.

Never mind, at least you boys will be there for another 3 points after the split. :wallbash:

Terrible for 1st goal, 1 footed or not, the first thing you learn at 6 or 7 when you start playing is never to put the ball back across the face of goal, the 2nd was some strike but game was over when we gifted them number 1. Yet again couldnt score in a bucket of fannies and thats whats hurt us this season, every team will make defensive fuck ups, they just hurt you more when your strikers and midfielders are incapable of finishing more than 1 out of every 400 chances

And MMG, why the fuck, in a game we had to win, didnt he make changes earlier when we were crying out for it? Really MMG deserves a giant boot in the baws and a serious reduction in salary after the shite he`s served up this season, well done fella, you really proved your worth the massive wage hike last summer!

All in all, just Shite! £400k down the pan, pretty much guarantee Klimpl,Hughes + Smith gone and 5 meaningless friendlies left to play

Where was the drive, where was the passion, where was the will to win the game.

When the first goal went in, not one player stood up and attempted to gee the team up, the heads all went down, we had nearly 15mins left to play........

Spot on with you comment there. I have noticed that alot this season. Too many feel sorry for themselves when we go one nil down. We are crying out for a leader on the park. We don't have one. That's a must for me in the summer.

As for the game not good enough i'm afraid. Never really tested the keeper. St Miren were well organised. Something that we aren't. They don't lose the type of goals that we do. Second goal was a cracker.

The biggest disappointment was Jim O'Brian today. Totally inept and back to the form he showed at the start of the season. I wouldn't waste my breath ranting about Sutton.

As somebody has already said people at the club need to take a hard look at themselves, espically the manager.

I should not be posting just now, but a few things have to be asked.

You know what Mr McGhee, yes, you are a professional manager and get paid for doing it. But sometimes, I mean sometimes, us fans can see that that game needed changing and you couldn't spot it. It took you to the 75th minute to convert your left back back to left back and your right back, fuck knows where you put Quinn in the end (?).

Do you like fucking about with formations in big games? When I heard the line up I thought Normal back 5 with Quinn on the right of midfield and O'Brien on the left. The teams took position and Quinn left back - has he ever played there in his life? Craigan should never have started. He wouldn't have been match fit to begin with and the central defence could have handled the St Mirren attack (considering the attack never threatened at all, their midfield scored the goals).

The line up was totally wrong and it took you far far far to long to change a game we needed to win. What was so hard to bring on Murphy on 65mins (or before) when he was ready?

I really don't understand any of it McGhee. What were you doing? I never usually slate McGhee and certainly not the players but if you ask me whos fault it was today - I'd say McGhee, easily!

He cost us big time, not 5 meaningless game sbut £400k aswell.

Totally unacceptable! Clarkson & Quinn looked the only ones wanting to do something. I still stand by what I said when Quinn got stripped of captaincy - it should never of happened. He was the only one trying to lift the team - where the fuck was Craigan? Sorry, but I want the captain to be bawling at players and encouraging not look sad and lonely in the middle of the park not knowing what to do.

Absolutely peeved off, big time. This post won't make much sense but, fuck it, you cost us McGhee - BIG TIME!

Spot on.

Nancy 2nd leg - pish

Cup Quarter replay - pish

Big Accies derby - pish

Today - pish

Bottlers

In pretty much every big game mcghee goes for a tactical rethink? Why can't he keep things the way they were. Quinn should have dropped out and the rest of the team stayed the same.

Embarrasment today, worst I've seen us all season. St Mirren were pish but we were worse, we don't deserve top 6 football.

45 minute motherwell strike again great in the first alf totally pis in the second couldnt score in a barrell of fannies clarkson was pish again! dont think buzz was to blame for any of the goals though i for one have no plans to go back to fir park again this season

I thought Clarkson was the best Motherwell player on the park.

Absolutely dreadful.

Terrible team selection, poor performances all round, and waiting until the 81st minute and a goal down to make a substitution is a disgrace.

Highlight was easily Will Haining sauntering over to the East Stand to be met with Busta's shout of "Michelle Marsh has massive titties!" Haining was pishing himself.

The rest of the game was shite. Bottom 6 is exactly what we deserve.

Honestly, I don't think McGhee was the problem today. All down to the players I'm afraid. The bench was pretty thin due to our complete lack of depth.

Who'se to blame for having no depth? He had as strong a bench as he's ever had and failed to properly use what he had to beat a poor St Mirren team. McGhee has chosen quality over quantity and this season the team hasn't shown enough quality to merit any ramblings of top 6 or Europe.

I thought McGhee's tactics and team selection were amateurish today. When you've got a full squad to choose from it's criminal to play players out of position in a must-win game. I thought the team looked totally disjointed and he should have made a change before St Mirren went ahead as we never really looked likely to score.

Dreadful. Looked like we almost expected the points to come to us rather than go and get them. Only when we went two behind did it look possible we might even score. Subs wrong today. Tactics wrong today. Oh dear, still, top of the bottom six to go for..........-)

Fucking disgraceful performance could sense from the start we were never going to score and should have changed at half time to liven it up a bit. Why an earth did he play Quinn at left back and Hammell midfield on the biggest game of the season. No a fan of Fitzpatrick but would rather him in midfield way Hammell at left back. Not one of the players looked like they were up for it at all, the whole team were pish. Take a good look at yourself McGhee your all talk and must be held responsible for todays shambolical performance. :wallbash:

Definitely agree that this result means that Hughes, Smith and Klimpl wont be back next season, but what makes everyone else so sure McGhee wont be here.

Where will he go?

If this season had been the same as last season I reckon he would have been a stick on for the Celtic job in the summer. Our performance this season has put paid to that, and I doubt there will be many teams battering down the door for him in the summer.

EDIT: Though I would still like to see McGhee with us next year. I still think we could do a lot worse, and probably not much better.