Mirren Game

happyslappy

Sorry if this has already been started but am nervous as hell about this one. Will it be three points and onwards, or will it be bottom six. Think if we have plans of keeping hughes, klimpl then we need the top 6.

So who should play. Will it be the 4-3-3 or?

Can see it being 2-1 to the well clarky getting the 1st and big klimpl the second. Anyone know if craigens injury has cleared?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a tough game and think it is too hard to pick a winner from it. Both sides lacking in goal scoring form it's hard to see there being more than a goal or two in the game. From our perspective we should be looking to keep tight on Dorman at all times as with 7 goals in his last 11 i would say he is there only real threat. Also Jack Ross likes to come forward on the right hand side a lot of the time and this is an area we should be looking to exploit on the counter. Having seen there last two games on the tv i don't think there is too much to fear just more of a case if we can score and hopefully kill them off with a second.

Mon' the Well

It's going to be a tough game and think it is too hard to pick a winner from it. Both sides lacking in goal scoring form it's hard to see there being more than a goal or two in the game. From our perspective we should be looking to keep tight on Dorman at all times as with 7 goals in his last 11 i would say he is there only real threat. Also Jack Ross likes to come forward on the right hand side a lot of the time and this is an area we should be looking to exploit on the counter. Having seen there last two games on the tv i don't think there is too much to fear just more of a case if we can score and hopefully kill them off with a second.

Mon' the Well

I thought they played 'well against Hibs to be fair. We'll need to be up for it and break a couple of hoodoos in the process - The Live TV one and the Getting everyone in for cheap then playing like a bunch of haddies one.

Still I think we can do it.

I thought they played 'well against Hibs to be fair.

I think they flattered to deceive in that game to be fair. Watched it, and despite St Mirren knocking the ball around very nicely, it impressed me that very rarely did they go long searching for Mehmet (and latterly Hamilton) nor did they look for the ball over the top for Dargo to run onto, they continually played the ball on the deck and through Murray/Dorman in midfield. The fullbacks Camara and Ross joined in whenever they could. And everything looked great, BUT the key fact is, that all happened in the first 2/3 of the pitch, soon as they were remotely near Hibs' goal the entire thing went to pot and they were simply inept (probably hence why they are 11th in the table). Despite all the possession they had against a piss-poor, unmotivated Hibs side they created next to nothing apart from their goal (which was a class apart) and a Dargo mis-timed header, and perhaps one or two half chance just before their goal. And that is shocking when you take into account how much possession they had.

I'd agree with that. Although one of these days more will come off for them than it did on Monday. The Hibs keeper had a couple of saves, albeit from his own defenders once or twice but I think on another day they'd have done better.

What I worry about though is. . . . .

If theres ever a team on a stinking run that needs a win.

If ever there's a strikeforce / striker that haven't scored for months.

Then I'm afraid too often historically Fir park is the place to come

Motherwell 5, Aberdeen 6 anybody?

Stick Klimpl on Dorman, he's without doubt the player who could make the difference for them.

I'd be tempted to play Fitzpatrick instead of McGarry and keep O'Brien out wide right. Play some of the football from last year and hopefully we can break the TV curse!

Mon the Well!!!!

The teams are evenly matched, having each taken four points from their three head-to-heads this season and both go into the weekend on the back of good form.

Hibs have lost just one of their last nine games, but six of those have been draws, while Motherwell have lost only two of their last 14 league outings.

The race could end in a dead heat. A 0-0 draw at Fir Park and a 4-0 triumph for Rangers is one outcome that would result in the teams meeting for a nail-biting one-off decider.

This would be interesting. Particularly as Hibs are due to be hit with suspensions to Nish, Jones and Bamba the first game after the split....which would be a play-off if it happened.

----------------smith

hammel, mclean/craigan, reynolds, quinn

------------------klimpl---------------

----------lasley----------hughes

obrien-----------------------------murphy

---------------clarky-----------------

I would play a 433. drop sutton an play clarky upfront with murphy and o'brien playing as wingers/forwards. the st mirren defence are rubbish on the ground so lets get players that can run at them. Think klimpl and lasley in the middle battling can eliminate the threat of dorman and will allow hughes the freedom on the ball to create.

Motherwell for a 3-1 victory!

It is a must win for us, although St Mirren have their own agenda which only adds to the nature of the match. However we're at home and are a better side, and when better to prove it?

The side Mark McGhee picks for tomorrow is crucial. We cannot afford to get the personnel or formation wrong this time. If Crags is fit then for me he comes back in for B-Mac, and I agree that Maros has to shadow Dorman in midfield. Do that successfully and we win.

With that in mind I'd go 4-3-3 with Shug and Fitzy accompanying Maros, with last week's front three retaining their places. That side should ensure we get the three ponts we need, hopefully a comfortale 2-0.

I just dont feel good about this game at all. A big crowd live telly and St.Mirren it's a 1-1 draw for me as we've been PISH in every so called MUST win game this season. If im wrong i'll be DELIGHTED to come on and say so. The fact that they're still not completely safe will spur them on. We're powderpuff up front and wont get more than one goal. Bottom 6 im afraid. :evilgrin:

Does anyone happen to know any bars in Dublin who would be showing the game tomorrow?

I know a few posters spend a fair bit or time travelling and working over there, just wonder if anyone has sussed out anywhere that shows our games.

How significant is finishing in the top six ? Is there a financial benefit, or is it just prestige at stake ?

Its significant in terms of revenue as it means another game against each of the old firm at least one of which should be at home, also crowd numbers will probably drop if we fail to make it, combined with the difference in revenue from the SPL I believe there is a significant financial benefit to 6th rather than 7th.