Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really does seem to be some pretty shocking supply issues going on here, from a company like Canterbury you'd expect better.

To be fair, Canterbury have delivered nearly everything asked of them. There was a slight shortage in XXL and a short delay in XXL and infant kits. The main issue we have is that demand has been way ahead of last years sales and as a result we have had to pull our July delivery forward. Canterbury have been really helpful in this regard and have pulled out the stops to get additional stock to us asap. I know its dissapouinting if you are one of the ones to lose out but rest assured we are working very hard to get all possible stock here before the Euro tie. As usual, if you have any further questions feel free to contact me in the shop or pm me through the forum.

Kind regards

Alan Provan

Motherwell Direct

They did say the pre-order sales weren't as high as hoped so maybe based initial orders
I'm guessing here, but I think that is probably due to the teaser campaign. A lot of people would hold off ordering until they actually saw the finished product.

Got the new strip yesterday and delighted with the top but the shorts and socks are definitely a shade lighter than it. Just wondered if this was how they are meant to look? As to be honest it looks pretty naff when worn together.

You got the full strip?

I didn't know 6 year old boys could use the Internet!

:lol:

echo what has already been said before, but the line of "the strip is by far a greater quality" is lost on me. The material is horrific compared to the Bukta top. My top has lots of wee catches on it already and I have had it only a week.

I applaude the club for trying to please the fans with the hoop and right now they may be feeling we are fucked if we do and we are fucked if we don't. In saying that, I feel that in amungst the hoohaa regarding the hoop, perhaps the rest of the product has been overlooked.

As far as general quality of product goes it IS better....and by that I mean simple things such as the badge being sewed on straight, stitching to an acceptable standard etc. However the shirt itself was good quality and did feel thicker/better than the Canterbury one. Since mine went back due to sizing issue I'd be interested to hear how others have held up to a wash!

echo what has already been said before, but the line of "the strip is by far a greater quality" is lost on me. The material is horrific compared to the Bukta top. My top has lots of wee catches on it already and I have had it only a week.

I applaude the club for trying to please the fans with the hoop and right now they may be feeling we are fucked if we do and we are fucked if we don't. In saying that, I feel that in amungst the hoohaa regarding the hoop, perhaps the rest of the product has been overlooked.

I didn't have last year's home Bukta, so can't compare, but I think the material of the new shirt feels great. It's very smooth and lightweight. No catches on mine at all , and compared to most other football shirts I've had feels great.

Sports Direct shop in Wishaw has Canterbury Lille tops for sale. Sleeves aren't printed and they aren't priced at £90

I seen those in a Sports Soccer (or whatever it is called these days) shop. The quality and feel of the fabric on that Lille top is outstanding. It has all the piping and additional materials on the sleeve ets..

Why are we being ripped off?

The Lille top was 10 times better quality and only £30!!

I seen those in a Sports Soccer (or whatever it is called these days) shop. The quality and feel of the fabric on that Lille top is outstanding. It has all the piping and additional materials on the sleeve ets..

Why are we being ripped off?

The Lille top was 10 times better quality and only £30!!

As I explained before the fabric we have used is pretty much our only option when it comes to the band. Because the shirt is a "sublimate" (printed) rather than "cut and sew" (panels stiched together) we wouldn't be able to put piping and different panels onto the shirt, even if we could the shirt almost certainly wouldn't be available now and would cost more than the £40 it does just now. Can't win..