Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

I can.

Canterbury are not in liquidation and will continue to be our kit supplier. The away kit will be launched in August with the date to be confirmed.

Cheers

Alan

Found out on Thursday afternoon about Canterbury's problems from those ITK, my good friend onthefringes posted his response as soon as he heard from me. A £12m loss in the past year adding to their woes. Apparently Mike Ashley is a potential suitor for the business which would no doubt send them the same way as Diadora in the UK, cheap brand in Sports World. CCC outwith UK and RSA will be fine, 2nd biggest Rugby brand in the world and all that. The same as Diadora outwith the UK are sound as well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the implications of this for the team? What about the away strip?

Unless someone takes them over as a going concern the baw could effectively be on the slates.

Like all businesses will become clear in the next few days / weeks.

Could be anything from a relatively painless changeover to a total back to the drawing board scenario.

BBC article states all contracts have been cancelled.

I'm a bit bemused by the fact that a company we sign up with goes into administration within, what was it, 6 months of the agreement. Did anyone do any background checks, did we get a credit report from Dunn and Bradstreet or Experian, or some other reputable agency, or did we just jump into bed with the first tart that lifted her skirts.

What about the fans, going to be another new strip next season, sake. Should add it isn't a dig at the club, just bloody annoying!

Could be another new strip this season. outwith the control of the club and provan. I'd imagine they're no skipping through the daisies at the moment.

Don't let any of that get in the way of yer feelings for the poor sods that have just been chucked on the dole tho!

I'm a bit bemused by the fact that a company we sign up with goes into administration within, what was it, 6 months of the agreement. Did anyone do any background checks, did we get a credit report from Dunn and Bradstreet or Experian, or some other reputable agency, or did we just jump into bed with the first tart that lifted her skirts.

Nah nobody's as clever as you Lipster.

I guess all the other guys that signed contract with canterbury are fuds as well - all the rugby teams, portsmouth, preston etc etc.

It goes without saying that I feel sorry for people already out a job/could be going out a job if this continues, it just is frustrating, surely you agree with that and given that I explicitly stated it wasn't a dig at the club, why do you seem to be construing it as such.

Nah nobody's as clever as you Lipster.

I guess all the other guys that signed contract with canterbury are fuds as well - all the rugby teams, portsmouth, preston etc etc.

I'm well aware of my superlative brain power Stevie but thanks for the confirmation.

I dont really give a toss about any of them my concern is with Motherwell, but weren't they all signed up with Canterbury last season?

Fuck sake. Moaning c***s.

The top is smashing and its light to wear. Too many folk with too much time to complain about one thing. Actually, too many folk with too much time to complain about everything.

As far as i'm aware less than a handful of tops have been returned. So they canny be that shite eh?

So does anyone knoe what the score is yet?

Are the kitmen currently scouring teamwear websites as we speak?

Real pisser to be honest, as I reckon the new strip is the nuts. Shame for all the families that have kitted out their kids with the CCC, but what can you do!

Further uncertaintly has now affected our budget, surely it's about time we got a feckin break?

So does anyone knoe what the score is yet?

After we were told the initial glum news it was a bit of a shock to be honest, though in todays current climate I don't see much hope for CCC UK unless Mike Ashley saves them. JJB are completely fucked and other major players in the sportswear are also having to change pants aswell. I'll try to keep folk informed with Canterbury's situation as and when details emerge. B-) Unless the Mods don't want me to...

The source is some guy, one of the top players in Canterbury, Most Revd & Rt Hon Dr R Williams, some guy :D

Canterbury have just gone into liquidation and KPMG the administrators have said all football contracts have been cancelled. What does this mean for Motherwell, can we get a new kit supplier in asap and still retain the band?

Already a thread on this mate.