Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

See to be honest, if I buy that top on Thursday and the JAXX logo falls off after one wearing of it I'll be fucking delighted.

I know the club needs to sell the jersey with THE JAXX sponsor logo on the front but I agree with mon_da_well actually. The jersey looks like a classy polo shirt without the sponsor on the front.

The club will have sorted all the logo falling off issues I am more than sure of.

But if it came to buying the jersey with or without the JAXX logo I would go for without.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I buy that top on Thursday and the JAXX logo falls off after one wearing of it I'll be fucking delighted.

As long as it comes off cleanly and leaves no faint JAXX logo imprint I would be delighted as well.

Unfortunately for Motherwell F.C. it's the main sponsor who pay for the privilage of having their logo on our tops they have to satisfy.

I'm sure the problem will be sorted asap, if not i'm sure JAXX will have something to say on the matter.

See to be honest, if I buy that top on Thursday and the JAXX logo falls off after one wearing of it I'll be fucking delighted.

Just buy it, put it on, and do a running belly slide down your back garden (presuming you have grass) and you'll have your wish!! :huh:

Noticed it coming off the tops on Lukas and Sutton but didn't see it on O'Brien's. Did get a teeny wee bit embarrassing although in saying that the United strip this season is dreadful. Like us the top and socks don't quite match but their shirt is so by the numbers it is frightening. The worst I have seen this season by far.

I'll digress slightly now as I would like a question answered by someone at the club (SC Dave, Flow, anyone).....although not sure it will be. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter as, at the moment, the positives WAAAAAAY out number the negatives at Fir Park and that includes our strip problems.......but whilst this thread exists it is one thing I noticed at the game today and I just thought it was a wee bit odd.

For me, Ruddy wore his Europa League top today (number 21 was the exact same) but the club have stuck his name (in SPL lettering) and two CB badges on the sleeves. Now with both Ruddy's SPL and Europa League jerseys being sponsored this season by fans it seems both have become the same thing. So who gets what. Pair of scissors at the ready? These are the kind of anal things I notice sadly :) and I might be wrong.......but if I'm not then surely the sponsors deserve a wee explanation at some point??

Where the fuck are all the posts from last night :cheers:

Why were my posts deleted

why were the PSL employee/moderators posts deleted??

Is it no longer the view of said employee that some of the above posts are an overreaction?

Does he no longer feel the need to claim in post after post that there are no quality issues with the supplied team kit? could the contradictions about players body sweat versus the strips were pressed 4 times not add up?

Why the cover up, who makes the decisions

Shabby

Shaba

It's embarrassing enough selling shoddy gear to the fans, but outfitting the first team with the same sloppy crap is way beyond embarrassment, it's an absolute disgrace.

Regardless of anything else clubs like ours rely heavily on sponsorship to keep going, and you can bet the sponsor isn't going to be too happy seeing their name flutter to the turf letter by letter. If he knows we're well aware of the situation, but that no-one had the foresight to give the strips a wee press at a higher temperature before sending the team out in them, he's going to be doubly unhappy.

I thought the team kit was the super duper real mccoy all singing all dancing CCC gear worth a fortune? :evilgrin:

Surely they'd have taken more care on producing those kits since it's the ones the players are actually going to be wearing.

FWIW I agree completely with you Lip69, it's a complete and utter joke.

I thought the team kit was the super duper real mccoy all singing all dancing CCC gear worth a fortune? :wacko:

Surely they'd have taken more care on producing those kits since it's the ones the players are actually going to be wearing.

FWIW I agree completely with you Lip69, it's a complete and utter joke.

Fair point. What IS the difference between the official and replica tops? Can't recall if that has ever been asked/mentioned. It won't be the sponsor printing as that is clearly another matter. Thicker material perhaps?

I am sure I read or heard somewhere that the reason we moved from Bukta to Canterbury was because of the quality. Got to say my kid has two Bukta tops and they are WAY better than Canterbury and also at least a year older. So question marks need to be aimed at the club for appointing this shower of pretenders.

I am sure I read or heard somewhere that the reason we moved from Bukta to Canterbury was because of the quality. Got to say my kid has two Bukta tops and they are WAY better than Canterbury and also at least a year older. So question marks need to be aimed at the club for appointing this shower of pretenders.

In all honesty the best tops I've had over the years have been from Xara, I've got the black training top, and a black Polo shirt both of them still top quality and there isn't a week goes by without me wearing both of them.

In all honesty the best tops I've had over the years have been from Xara, I've got the black training top, and a black Polo shirt both of them still top quality and there isn't a week goes by without me wearing both of them.

lucky you! whenever i put mine on outwith match day i get the "grown man in a football shirt" speel from my mrs! :wacko:

Quite right too mate. Grown men shouldnae wear fitba taps IMO................ :wacko: Tis ok fur the gairden duties though............ :P

thats true. the c & a are a bit easier on the eye than that bumble bee pish smellic have got. they must be doin a deal on them theres one one every street corner in lanarkshire! :O

Not surprised buddy! I have a Pony top (Dolan) that is still in top nick.

I also managed to talk the mrs into buying the wee man a new top every year by saying you can wash it 5 days a week and it dries in 10 min and quality is fantastic, Got to say that Canterbury has messed that up for me now and I will need to find some more reasons to spend £50 on a footie top or £90 on a Scott and Lyle cardie!

In all honesty the best tops I've had over the years have been from Xara

The Xara gear was and still is top quality. They may not be a big name but I personally couldn't fault the quality of their replica kit. Mine has been through countless washes and still looks and feels pretty good. I've not bought any of the CCC gear but they do have a good reputation for the quality of their sportswear. Our problems seem to be the opposite of what we have come to expect from a company like Canterbury.

Portsmouth fans rave about the quality of their kit so you have to wonder what is so different about their tops from ours. Portsmouth's new third kit is almost identical to our new away kit and the sponsors logo appears to have stayed put through the two games it has been used. Likewise their other two kits would appear to be perfect and this gives me some hope that it won't be long before our problems are fixed.

This thread is so long, but i'm sure someone on here ask PSL about the problem and they seemed to indicate that the amount of tops handed back was very small. The only option is to take your faulty gear back and by doing this PSL and Motherwell may have a better understanding of the extent of the supposed problem.

thats true. the c & a are a bit easier on the eye than that bumble bee pish smellic have got. they must be doin a deal on them theres one one every street corner in lanarkshire! :whistling:

Drove down to Tesco earlier on. Passed by the fives courts at Wishy sports centre and saw about a dozen of the so called 'Bumble Bee' efforts. Not my scene but hey ho.......... I've got a 'FULL' family over the back from me who constantly wear the 'poops' 7 days a week.......

Quite embarrassing as far as I'm concerned................

Drove down to Tesco earlier on. Passed by the fives courts at Wishy sports centre and saw about a dozen of the so called 'Bumble Bee' efforts. Not my scene but hey ho.......... I've got a 'FULL' family over the back from me who constantly wear the 'poops' 7 days a week.......

Quite embarrassing as far as I'm concerned................

Bit OT but I've got a 'man' close too where I live, too close in fact, and everyday it seems to be a challenge to get as much Rangers merchandise on as possible. I kid you not when I say it is two sometimes three items AT A TIME from either a FULL tracksuit, baseball cap, Home or away shirt, shorts, and bench jacket. This guy is in his 40s, doesn't work, and only ever seen in the company of another 'male' who clearly sports one of those XXXXXL home tops (oh aye have a look in JJB.....they do exist) at all times. Never a sadder sight seen. The irony being neither of these f**ktards could pick out Ibrox on a map of Govan.