Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in edinburgh the day of the egg chasing final and saw fuck all rugby tops. Only evidence of it was every pub being the 'official heineken cup pub'. Only colours I saw were Celtic fans travelling through to Glasgow the next morning. And the lip guy has a point, show someone a football top from any SPL/EPL/championship side, and a rugger top and the majority would recognise the football top.

Infact, I tell a lie. I saw one guy wearing an Ireland rugby top a party. He wasn't a fan of whoever was playing, he just wore it to a party. <_<

Rugby. :P:D:doh:

I go to Edgeley Park now and again to watch the Sharks, used to watch them more often when they played in Sale, rugby tops among the fans while fairly respectable comes nowhere near the percentage it does at Football, about 8 or 9 years ago I went with friends to watch Leicester and the situation was fairly similar.

Rather than talk through ignorance I went and asked at the shop about returns. I had to take my kids jerseys back cos the logo was peeling, simple explanation, too low a temperature used. Repressed straight away and hopefully fine now. Anyway I asked about problems and was told 3 tops had been taken back to be replaced. This after one fuckin' hellofa furore on here about poor quality!!!!

ON the finance issue I also asked about background checks and when the negotiations would have started and yes, it would have been close to a full year ago that plans were being put in place, credit checks being part of that process. So The Lip has bore me out on this one as financial records from 2007 wouldn't have shown any foreseeable issues. How could we have known this was coming?

Shit happens, it's how we deal with it that matters. I have to say Well fans ain't very good at dealing with it cos the first thing that happens is a finger pointing exercise. Blame culture rules supreme on here. We might want the best but we rarely get it but that's been the way for decades so is anyone surprised?

Currently companies have 9 months to publish their accounts, so it's feasible that, if we started negotiations a year ago, any credit check may well have been done on the 2006 accounts, as the 2007 accts need not be filed until September 2008.

See how difficult it becomes now?

But you seemed to suggest it was fairly straightforward earlier on in the thread?

Anybody with the ability to read a balance sheet and a credit report and take the correct data from each one would have given you a fairly poor report on Canterbury. The minute Canterbury SA went, it was obvious Eurrope would topple over next.

Currently companies have 9 months to publish their accounts, so it's feasible that, if we started negotiations a year ago, any credit check may well have been done on the 2006 accounts, as the 2007 accts need not be filed until September 2008.

So now it becomes entirely possible that due dilligence has been done.

I'm sure the PSL guys on the board are looking forward to a nice wee post or PM to redress the balance.

You're entitled to your views, as we all are, but some of the stuff you said from a relatively good position of knowledge were perhaps a bit unfair.

My point exactly. Finger of blame moving slightly from it's initial target yet?

:thumbup:

But what about the away kit??

Are we going to turn out in the Claret training gear??

Do we ask opposition to wear their away kit and play in 1st strip all season.

A wee bit of info now that its hit the fan wouldn't go a miss.

The clubs initial statement siad we had enough kit delivered for all our teams. Have to assume that includes away kit as if it wasn't there we wouldn't have enough. Statement could have been slightly less ambiguous but seems to imply we have away kit for the players.

How that leaves fans who wanted to buy a replica is another matter, would imagine might be humped on that front.

Canterbury enter administration.

The club, in conjunction with Provan Sports Limited, regret to announce that kit suppliers Canterbury Europe have gone into administration.

Administrators, KPMG, have released the following update from partner David Costley-Wood: “The European business will continue to trade under the administration whilst we try to find a buyer for the business and assets.”

Alan Provan of Provan Sports Ltd, who are responsible for the kit supply and the operation of the official Club shop, said: “We are encouraged by what KPMG have said and hopefully a buyer can be found as soon as possible to minimise any disruption to trading.

“Sufficient kit has been supplied to the first team and youth departments so there is no question that the teams will not have the required stock for the season.

“We will be attempting to make contact with the administrators as soon as possible and will inform supporters of any developments as soon as they are made available. As far as we’re concerned it’s business as usual until otherwise informed.”

Info?

Already posted and discussed on here and posted on the official site.

I'm reading that as if we have all the teamwear kit we need to complete a season.

I think the question is whether the replica away kit will be available to buy - that's an unknown.

But what about the away kit??

Are we going to turn out in the Claret training gear??

Do we ask opposition to wear their away kit and play in 1st strip all season.

A wee bit of info now that its hit the fan wouldn't go a miss.

The statement from the Club said they had sufficient kit for the season, so I'm assuming they at least have the players away match kit as well.

EDIT: beaten to it twice :thumbup:

the statement says we have sufficient kit - as you say it is only an assumption that there is an away kit. I think that is the wrong assumption to make after all the goalies' tops were displayed before being on sale so why not have a display of an away top by now? even if we won't be able to buy a replica.

does any know what the official position is re registration of kit for playing in in the spl/cups or europe for that matter. could we just use the claret training gear if necessary?

JT

There's also the question of replacement tops, or kit for new signings, if they are required.

Last season I believe the players had 4 tops, short and long sleeved home and away tops, and if any replacements were required the club shop was plundered. If the stock in the shop is all that we are being supplied with then we could face problems on that front.

Maybe I'm just reading

“Sufficient kit has been supplied to the first team and youth departments so there is no question that the teams will not have the required stock for the season.

Differently from you guys.

It say's we've got enough stock for all teams for the season - maybe I'm just a glass half full kinda guy.

It doesn't say "we have home but not away"

It doesn't say "we have home kit for current players only"

I can.

Canterbury are not in liquidation and will continue to be our kit supplier. The away kit will be launched in August with the date to be confirmed.

Cheers

Alan

not trying to be overly pessimistic but can we really rely on the club statement given quote above?

The goalie kits out the window now though, do we take anything from that?

And we played in the training gear against the first Welsh team in the friendly, dont know how we would go about using it in the league though.

It was taken out of the window and worn by Michael Fraser in the first leg vs Llanelli.

People, just leave the club and PSL to sort everything out, you are creating rumours and scenarios from nothing. The players have all their kit and enough for any subsequent signings that could be made.

People, just leave the club and PSL to sort everything out, you are creating rumours and scenarios from nothing. The players have all their kit and enough for any subsequent signings that could be made.

Dave,

most people are generally taking the Canterbury administration as one of these things that happens to Motherwell and, especially, in the current climate - not a conspiracy theory or rumour mill.

Some of us are genuinely interested in a definitive statement around whether the club has an "official" away strip or not. Not looking for a glimpse of a design or a statement saying it will be delivered but a statement that says MFC have in their possession an away kit to cover the first team squads anticipated requirements during a football season. Just the facts man.

JT