Ict

steelboy

just thought i'd start the ICT match thread not long to go now. It could well be a very pleasant evening if we play like we did on saturday and the weather keeps up. reynolds is suspended so the team will have to change from saturday. anyone know if craigan is going to be fit? saunders wasn't the bench on saturday so i doubt we'll see him, hutchison was the on the bench on saturday so he might get a debut although with mcghee it seems unlikely. the most sensible option would be to play maros at centrehalf and tell him to screw the nut, if he can't manage that then should we even be trying to sign him? anyway as long as lasley isn't at rightback and fat boab is the piggy in the middle at halftime i'll be happy.

as far the returnees go big tel will get a good reception, malpas and kerr will get a good reception (vemonous abuse) and richie will, as always, divide opinion. i'll be giving him a cheer and hope most other people do to. he was a decent player for us and brought in some cash, i also think he's proven he's still a decent player as he's scored more in three and a half months than any of our midfielders have done all season. also - this is one for the stattos - has any other 'well player scored in two national semi finals?

dougie mcdonald's the ref. disaster for us as he loves sending off well players

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully a boring 0-0 with NO INCIDENTS!! :(

Seriously 2-1 Well.

EDIT: Isn't Reynolds out for the Accies game only?

I'd go with Smith, Quinn, Reynolds, McLean, Hammel, Lasley, Hughes, O'Brien, Murphy, Clarkson, Sutton in a 4-3-3.

Was this a serious statement?

it was the result of trying to write a post while talking on the phone. at least i was right about the ref.

should have said they'll get pelters. i'm even tempted to pay into the main so i can get within earshot of malpas. if the baby crew want respect get some anti malpas banners made up for wednesday.

disapointing about reynolds being missing for the bigger game on saturday. i definitely wouldn't play maros then, mensing and mccarthy will be going all out to wind up any motherwell player they can to try and get them sent off.

First home game I'm going to miss this season. They will want it more and Butcher has instilled some passion in them - I think we'll get beat 2-0 with goals from Foran and Rooney. Most important thing is to behave!

Same here. As shite as it is, I care more about the amount of cards we get than the actual result.

i don't agree. i'll be pissed off if we get anyone booked for dissent, time wasting, dangerous challenges or shirt pulling but i still expect the players to be giving 100%. clarky got booked on saturday because he was putting in 100% tracking all the way back and attempting to win the ball.

as long we keep the heid we won't lose the euro place but the number one focus for the players has to be winning the match.

Exactly. If we play the way we played against St. Mirren I would expect we swill core better than our rivals. Remember there are secret squirrel points for things like the way you play the game. Holding back might be deemed unsporting to the other teams in the relegation fight.

But we can't play like we did against St Mirren cos we are back on the tattie field. Expect a hump and hope game on Wednesday.
We can still play a bit of of football. Hump and hope will be playing into ICT's hands.

Only bonus is that I can shout at Foran!
Shouting something friendly, I trust. Remember, crowd behaviour is part of the Fair Play scoring.

Same team as the weekend for me, using Clarky, O'Brien and Murphy to run at them out wide. It could be a struggle as they need the points, but if we make a good start I can see us winning well.

That said I'd be content enough with 1-0 and no cards!