So This Is It Guys!

Iain7_mfc

With Kilmarnock at home on Saturday, they will be our opposition for the last game in another decent season for Motherwell. Although we missed out on top 6, we done no bad. We are a mid table club in the SPL who will rarely get such a successful season like last but after it all the expectations are far too high for the season after.

So aye. Team against Kilmarnock :

Krysiak in for Smith - To see if it's maybe worth taking him on full time since his contract is expired down at Brum. Although would like to see Smith in there since it could be his last ever game for the club.

One change to the back 4 would be Quinn out for Hammell (if fit)

Would swap the midfield about and put Lasley in over O'Brien.

Then up top put O'Brien inplace of Murphy.

Also, one last prediction of the season...3-0 the Well!

Let's finish the season with a bang!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly after last season, it's went in quickly, although last season was so out of the ordinary with so much happening, compared to this one, that isn't entirely unexpected.

Hopefully we'll sign off in style, but to be honest, with the prospect of European football, we should be looking to give the players the most rest possible and just play fringe/19s players.

Durty bugger, I barely even know ye.

Dunno if it is just me, but this season seems to have been the quickest ever. It has gone scarily fast.

Agreed Andy. Although I'm not sure if it's the season thats going fast, or I'm just getting older!

Definitely been a good season for us, had it's ups and downs right enough - but all part of the rollercoaster ride that is being a Motherwell fan.

Sadly, I'll not be at the game on Saturday, but hopefully get a nice wee win to finish on a high, possibly 1-0.

Mon the 'Well.

we haven't beat killie this season yet, actually don't think we even scored a goal against them, so it would be nice to put a good few past them.

i wouldn't change the team from last week, i'd leave out reynolds to give him extra rest

hopefully 3 or 4-0

mon the well

I think that this has been one of the slowest ever. Losing to St Mirren in the cup seems like years ago, Nancy games seem decades ago. Anyway for Saturday I would continue with Hutchinson, bring Slane in and maybe one other and let them have a shot surrounded by the first teamers.

Missed a large bulk of the season being in Australia..so yeah, it seem to of flown in.

A few changes on Saturday, bring in a few of the younger boys...

Probably Buzz and Hughes's last game for the club. 2-1 Motherwell... roll on next season

If we really are that close to qualifying for Europe, the first team should be on holiday by now, and whoever is left will get a game.

Going by the paper reports last week, the lads were giving that option but all of them want to see the season out.

As I said though, newspaper reports!!

Krysiak in for Smith - To see if it's maybe worth taking him on full time since his contract is expired down at Brum. Although would like to see Smith in there since it could be his last ever game for the club.

May already have happened mate. Noticed Buzz giving his jersey and gloves into the fans after the game against Accies, so not sure whether Mcghee has said anything beforehand about who would play today.

Also, is anyone up for the whole sombrero and sunglasses shenanigans again, or would that just be tempting fate a bit before its even been made official? :wallbash:

I think a few bodies will return from last week, like Hammy, Watty, Las and Fitzy. Perhaps the likes of Coach and Clarky might drop to the bench just to freshen it up a little.

Whatever happens it'd be nice to go out with a bang. We've not even scored against Killie so we must put that right. If Kyle is injured for them I can't see them scoring, so 2-0 to us...and NO CARDS!!

It's been a quick season I think, can't believe that's it after tomorrow! For me, I honestly think we will take this lot tomorrow big-time. End the season with a bang and get the European place as well. Even their own fans think they won't score without Kyle, says a lot does that!

Without wanting to burst the Kevin Kyle bubble they've managed to beat twice without his services this season.

I think it'll come down to who wants it more given that neither the two of us have anything to play for. I read that Combe has delayed an operation to see out the season, which given that they are now safe, perhaps suggests they haven't chucked it yet either.

It would be nice to beat them, given that they've taken 7 from 9 from us but a bit like Accies and Caley before that as long as we avoid defeat I won't be too fussed.

If McGhee is going to go with the tried and trusted from the start I would hope he'll give Slane, McHugh and possibly Hutchinson a run out at some time during the match.

Teams:

Motherwell: Krysiak, Quinn, Craigan, McLean, Hammell, Klimpl, O'Brien, Hughes, Clarkson, Sheridan, Sutton. Subs: Graeme Smith, Malcolm, Darren Smith, Murphy, McGarry, Meechan, Hutchinson.

Kilmarnock: Bell, Clancy, Lilley, Ford, Murray, Hamill, Pascali, Flannigan, Invincibile, Fernandez, Taouil. Subs: Combe, Fowler, Gibson, Skelton, O'Leary, Sammon, Nolan.