Mark McGhee

jazz

And...

Hadn't had so many divided opinions amongst the support since McGhee (or do the majority hate him? I am never quite sure on this.). Love him or hate him, as long as he steers us to safety all is well.

Hmmm, might be that those that don't like him are the more vocal.

I think he should always be respected at MFC for a couple of obvious reasons. I've posted this opinion on a few occasions, but unlike those who dislike him I'm not going to bang on about it.

Hmmm, might be that those that don't like him are the more vocal.

Given that this place is near silent, despite winning against Accies, I'd say so.

I'm a big fan of McGhee ruining all their saturday nights because he won.

Given that this place is near silent, despite winning against Accies, I'd say so.

I hope none of the players were out on Saturday night. McGhee should have them tucked up by 9pm.

I know McGhee annoys a lot of folk due to his arrogance but hey if being arrogant gets you 12/15 pts I can accept that

Was about to say similar.

Maybe the arrogance is a positive in his decision-making at times.

We've won twice at Parkhead under him.

I quite like him, in a sort of loveable-bellend kind of way. Maybe it's his likeness to Muttley

Said on other thread, quite excited to see what he can do again after a full pre-season. The 3 up top, quick counter-attacking is good to watch.

The play-offs were epic and topped of an exciting/nervous season last yer.

I'll be quite happy with mid-table mediocrity just now though, especially given the start to the season.

Still true.

As Tommy McLean proved before McGhee, you don't have to be likeable to be a decent Motherwell manager. McLean used to get fucking dogs abuse throughout his tenure...even when challenging for the league title. I never quite understood it myself but fickle are the mob!!!

Given the predicament we were in, I was pleased to see McGhee back at the club and will be pleased to see him lead us into a new season in the SPFL.

I know that it's based on 'what if' but had we not lost those points to late goals (much of which were out with his control by the way), we wouldn't have been talking about relegation for some time now and this forum would've seen discussion around top 6 and the outside chance of Europe.

I think at his age, he knows his career isn't going to see the dizzy heights that he had once previously hoped. This may well work to our benefit and he may just stay on and build a squad that can give some top flight longevity.

It will be a stronger league next season and even the McGhee haters must question whether we'd be stronger next season with him or without him.

Results and performances. That is all that matters to me. Both have improved immensely and even when we had a bad run of luck, we were miles better than he been.

Our season is still in a state of flux, it could go this way or that, but I think McGhee has done a pretty good job.....just remember back to Baraclough's last match at Morton. That's what McGhee had to work with.

If nothing else McGhee has brought through two young players that are now automatic first choices, something that's not happened for a long time at Fir Park and something that we desperately need to do.

Will be interesting to see what sort of backing McGhee gets in the summer and how our transfer strategy unfolds.

I feel a bit sheepish (no pun intended) about what I've said about McGhee at times and I still don't know if I'll ever really warm to him but the main thing is he's got us out of jail and in my defence, anything/everything I've ever said is borne out of nothing other than genuine concern for the club.

Delighted to be proven wrong and perhaps in the future I'll try to moan less, or at least hang fire.

Not making any promises though!......

• Like 1

He'll never be the most likeable guy. He'll say daft, needless things during press conferences that will annoy a fair few.

But by fuck, the guy is a good manager for Motherwell.

Onwards!

I honestly don't think apart from the madness that was the Liverpool comment,slating Ainsworth and his Hearts match selection defense he's really annoyed us this time around.

The ill feeling towards him was from his previous stint whoring himself for the Scotland and Celtic jobs.

Yes he's a pain in the arse at times. How many of us actually know the personality and character of our heroes? We might clap, cheer and hero worship certain players but in reality might not want to share a pint with them if we really knew them.

How many of us who were doing a good job at our work and knew that there were others out there who would pay more and might employ us would let it be known that we would be interested in changing jobs? That's what he did when he as here before.

I even thought that his post match interview today was a load of guff. He said we were second best and were at least a goal worse than Aberdeen in the first half. But he changed things at half time and we went on and won the game. I thought we were unlucky to be a goal down at half time and he was taking the credit for some magical managerial input that change the game. When in fact it was terrible defending from Aberdeen.

Having said all that I was pleased to see him return to Fir Park. I thought we needed an experienced manager to manage McManus, Lasley, Hammell, Pearson and McDonald. He has sorted the team out found a winning formula and as someone else has said now that he is older and wiser he might not be so quick to look for a bigger job and with his Scotland gig might be more content with us.

Also lots of fans seem to have forgotten how dignified he was during the Phil O'Donnell tragedy which he handled brilliantly.

After the Kilmarnock game he was shite. After five wins out of six he is great. The truth is he is neither, He is our manager and every Well fan should get behind him and whatever team he sends out.

• Like 1

Maybe I just find his egotism endearing, but I've never really understood why he inspires so much rage from all quarters. Whenever he takes full credit for a win or claims he should be managing a world famous team I take it with a pinch of salt and just view it as another "Oh,Mark!" moment.