• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're thinking of Rogers, the guy that followed him at Watford. Boothroyd prior to Watford was involved with the Leeds coaching set-up I'm sure...

And alongside Paul hart, was a highly rated academy set-up of it's time too. Having tasted promotion at Vicarage Road with the squad at his disposal, it was nothing short of remarkable.

I'd say mention of his route one type of football to be wide of the mark, well wide. Impressed when I saw his charges at Bramall Lane. To be honest, I'd become non-plussed on the new manager trail - this has caught the imagination again.

How badly did Nijholt interview if Staunton is still there on the shortlist and he's axed?

Was Nijholt interviewed? If he was I can't see it being anything other than a courtesy interview. I've never understood this clamour for Nijholt as boss. His experience at managerial level is negligible to say the least yet everyone seems to point to his experience with kids as if if were proof the guy was capable of managing a top flight side. Had Nijholt got the job I would have had serious doubts about JB's sanity.

Boothroyd or Sanchez would do me, although I wouldn't be too upset at Jim Gannon. Steve Staunton leaves me cold however.

Was Nijholt interviewed? If he was I can't see it being anything other than a courtesy interview. I've never understood this clamour for Nijholt as boss. His experience at managerial level is negligible to say the least yet everyone seems to point to his experience with kids as if if were proof the guy was capable of managing a top flight side. Had Nijholt got the job I would have had serious doubts about JB's sanity.

Boothroyd or Sanchez would do me, although I wouldn't be too upset at Jim Gannon. Steve Staunton leaves me cold however.

The Nijholt talk was before news came in that Quinn, Clarkie and Reynolds were offski and, hence, most folks were presuming we would have ZERO transfer budget - which may actually still be the case...who knows?

There was never any confirmation from JB that he was being invited to interview and even the comments from the man himself were Luc-warm.

(That's for the critics that thought my Nemo joke was the worst I could do, btw).

Still can't believe no one has been appointed, how much time are we going to waste before the season starts
Are you not following the news? A decision is going to be made over the weekend and an announcement early next week.

A correct appointment is 100 times more important than a fast appointment.

whats wrong with both i dont think its much to ask for a club to apoint someone and give them as much time to bed in as possible dont u agree ???
Think about it. If there were, say, 8 people interviewed in the first round. After a week or so of organizing the interview schedule that takes 8 days to complete - and not necessarily consecutive. Then, say, you invite 3 back for a second interview. That's another 3 days plus organising. Then you have to agree on the final appointment - which takes a day or two. Then you have to negotiate the contract with the manager's agent - that takes another few days.

And that is assuming it all goes smoothly and nobody declines the offer.

There was never any confirmation from JB that he was being invited to interview and even the comments from the man himself were Luc-warm.

(That's for the critics that thought my Nemo joke was the worst I could do, btw).

That one is actually not bad compared to the Nemo wan!!

I didn't 'Lol' but I didn't slam my head of my keyboard either!!

I love all this stuff, constant rumours, media getting trawled for any snippet of info. People going off on total tangents as a result.

New manager, players coming and going, in Europe, new pitch, new strip.

Definitely makes it an interesting time to be a 'Well fan.

Sure does. Even the old firm fans I work with keep asking me about the latest 'Well developments. There's been that many lately I'm nearly losing track

It is only down too intuition - but of all the candidates I reckon that my choice would be Jim Gannon.

Why - I don't know - he seems highly rated and there is very little if any negative publicity that has accompanied all the other candidates.

I just get good vibes. Youngish and ambitious - let us be his launchpad to managing Real Madrid. Right that is enough whisky.

JG - Still my first choice. He de MAN.

you have four good managers on that shortlist. sanchez has premier league experience but has been out of the game for a year, boothroyd got watford promoted to the premier league, gannon took stockport to promotion to league one and staunton has managed the republic of ireland national team. would happily take any of the four to be honest but the outstanding candidate for me is boothroyd.

Here is a quote from the BBC website: Boyle will make his choice from the four candidates over the weekend, with the new manager being named early next week.

Hope John Boyle has someone in quick as we have a very important match coming up.

Although, if West Brom now want Boothroyd then I would think that would be us ruled out. B-)
If you can believe reports, West Brom have a few targets on their radar including Irvine at Preston and McInnes at St. Johnstone.

If the final four (as published in the media) is accurate, my one concern is that none of the individuals has any first hand experience of Scottish football. Could this indicate that we're going to appoint an assistant with said knowledge or will the new man bring his own number two with him? Things seem to be moving on a pace now, and I reckon we could see a lot happening in the next seven days. And that's without thinking about the European game...

Excellent news if true. Hope all the contract negotiations go smoothly.

When I heard his name being touted on here early in the process I didn't think we had a chance of securing his services. He seems to be a hot property down south.