Looks Definite Now He's Off !

WELLDAFT

To be honest I hope to see even more with the new guy. It means he is doing his job well.

I kind of know what you mean, but don't like it all the same.

It always feels better when you sack a manager rather when they decide to leave, a bit like a burd dumping you before you get the chance to do it to her. I'm not speaking from experience obviously. :wacko:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if they were top of league or not, but Campbell left on 2 October 2007, the majority of the season lying ahead. I think Adams can take a fair portion of the credit for promotion.

I dont care how much credit Adams gets for their promotion, it's still too big a step up from Division two to the SPL and European Football. We need a manager with a track record not just any old clown who once played for us. It's bloody irritating that the majority of names mentioned are ex-players with little or no managerial experience. I don't want any ex-hero's walking in the door with their halos shining brightly, I want a manager that's going to sign players not one that's going to sign autographs.

Would love to see Derek Adams given the gig, young, enthusiastic and has a good footballing knowledge. He has a good volume of contacts through his old man and this could be used to bring in future stars, who knows maybe his old man would come back to us again?

Yes but what has he really achieved at Dingwall? Does he have contacts down south? Could he tap into the English transfer market?

I don't think it is a case of finally admitting mate - we like to try and conduct business like that as professional and quiet as possible but with Aberdeen putting something up on their website then it would be foolish of us not to acknowledge.

Cheers

'Flow

While you're there, @Flow, give Mr Boyle a hint thatLuc Nijholt :notworthy: is a free agent...................... No compensation :thumbup:

I don't think it is a case of finally admitting mate - we like to try and conduct business like that as professional and quiet as possible but with Aberdeen putting something up on their website then it would be foolish of us not to acknowledge.

Cheers

'Flow

I get where Flow is coming from and appreciate the sensitive nature of such things and the need to toe the party line , however I find it very difficult to believe that in the space of at best 24hrs following permision being given Mark McGhee can tell the press to all intent and purpose he's off to Aberdeen and only then do we get confirmation he's been given the green light to discuss the job.

It suggests only 3 possibilities either he was "Tapped up " , the interview in the Sunday Herald blindsided everyone Club and Fans alike or Someone somewhere is being economical with the truth.

However we must now look forward and hope that John Boyle has enough business acumen that he has been working on a contingency plan and that plan is being actioned.

Posted this earlier tonight in the who would we get thread Ricky.

Luc is free

Didn't see that mate, cheers! Interesting all the same. I think the overwhelming opinion amongst we 'Well fans, and also one or two interested others I have spoken to, is get Nijholt in now.

I get where Flow is coming from and appreciate the sensitive nature of such things and the need to toe the party line , however I find it very difficult to believe that in the space of at best 24hrs following permision being given Mark McGhee can tell the press to all intent and purpose he's off to Aberdeen and only then do we get confirmation he's been given the green light to discuss the job.

It suggests only 3 possibilities either he was "Tapped up " , the interview in the Sunday Herald blindsided everyone Club and Fans alike or Someone somewhere is being economical with the truth.

My thoughts exactly Al. According to the Official site, Aberdeen approached us sometime on Saturday. At the very latest the Sunday Herald interview was also conducted on the Saturday. It could not have taken place that late in the day given that articles had to be written up, edited and the paper printed by midnight.

Just a guess but I think that both AFC and MFC would have been shaking their respective heads when they saw that article in the Sunday Herald.

It possibly forced Aberdeen into some form of announcement today when thy would rather have remained quiet and done things properly.

Would be funny to think that McGhee's very first act as Aberdeen manager to be, is to be in the papers bumping his gums inappropriately. Start as you mean to go on I suppose.

Just a guess but I think that both AFC and MFC would have been shaking their respective heads when they saw that article in the Sunday Herald.

It possibly forced Aberdeen into some form of announcement today when thy would rather have remained quiet and done things properly.

Going by Michael Grant's article in Sunday Herald and I quote "Aberdeen moved quickly yesterday after Celtic let McGhee know that despite widespread speculation he would not be offered the chance to replace Gordon Strachan. Aberdeen had been waiting for clarity on the Celtic situation and as soon as they had that their chairman, Stewart Milne, approached his Motherwell counterpart, John Boyle, and asked for permission to speak to McGhee."

Now how would Mark McGhee know that Aberdeen were interested in him? Presumably then and as soon as Celtic let MMcG know that he wasn't in the frame for the Celtic job someone connected with him spoke to Aberdeen to tip them off. By the Saturday evening he could even confirm to Mr Grant that Scott Leitch would also join him at Pittodrie.

It must have been one helluva busy Saturday. Its just a pity that Mark couldn't have moved with the same secrecy and speed in the transfer market for us!

I dont care how much credit Adams gets for their promotion, it's still too big a step up from Division two to the SPL and European Football. We need a manager with a track record not just any old clown who once played for us. It's bloody irritating that the majority of names mentioned are ex-players with little or no managerial experience. I don't want any ex-hero's walking in the door with their halos shining brightly, I want a manager that's going to sign players not one that's going to sign autographs.

so i take it your not in the Gary McALISTER AND luc Niholt fan clubs either then?

who would you want?