Looks Definite Now He's Off !

WELLDAFT

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Website

Motherwell Chairman John Boyle has reacted furiously to a wholly inaccurate article in today’s Daily Record by Hugh Keevins, which was subsequently broadcast on Radio Clyde.

The report suggested that the club had approached the agent of Ian McCall, currently Manager of Partick Thistle, with a view to enticing him to Motherwell.

No-one at Motherwell Football Club has contacted the agent of Ian McCall or has any intention of doing so.

Indeed, Motherwell are not in discussions with anyone directly or indirectly regarding personnel changes at Fir Park.

An angry John Boyle commented “We are in discussions with no-one regarding Mr McCall.

“Mr Keevins’ article in today’s Record, spuriously branded exclusive and subsequently broadcast on Radio Clyde, was without foundation. Mr Keevins does not appear to let facts get in the way of a poor story.

“Motherwell have instructed their lawyers, Harper Macleod, to contact the Daily Record and Radio Clyde with a view to obtaining clarification on the story."

From the Website

Motherwell Chairman John Boyle has reacted furiously to a wholly inaccurate article in today's Daily Record by Hugh Keevins, which was subsequently broadcast on Radio Clyde.

The report suggested that the club had approached the agent of Ian McCall, currently Manager of Partick Thistle, with a view to enticing him to Motherwell.

No-one at Motherwell Football Club has contacted the agent of Ian McCall or has any intention of doing so.

Indeed, Motherwell are not in discussions with anyone directly or indirectly regarding personnel changes at Fir Park.

An angry John Boyle commented "We are in discussions with no-one regarding Mr McCall.

"Mr Keevins' article in today's Record, spuriously branded exclusive and subsequently broadcast on Radio Clyde, was without foundation. Mr Keevins does not appear to let facts get in the way of a poor story.

"Motherwell have instructed their lawyers, Harper Macleod, to contact the Daily Record and Radio Clyde with a view to obtaining clarification on the story."

A pretty clear and robust denial. It does not look like McCall will be coming (thank fu5k). His agent has obviously been trying to scam PTFC into getting a better deal. Fecking winker.

"Mr Keevins' article in today's Record, spuriously branded exclusive and subsequently broadcast on Radio Clyde, was without foundation. Mr Keevins does not appear to let facts get in the way of a poor story.

"Motherwell have instructed their lawyers, Harper Macleod, to contact the Daily Record and Radio Clyde with a view to obtaining clarification on the story."

Let the floodgates open!!! That treacherous little c_nt has been at it for years with regards our club, I'm glad they've chosen this route. Hell mend him.

And the rotund McCall won't be darkening our door :lol:

I have kept pretty quiet on all of this and I said from the start as soon as Jimmy Calderwood left Aberdeen that McGhee would go for the job.

What’s surprised me is his total contempt for the club. He said last season in his own words we were the best side outside the old firm. If that’s the case then why go to Aberdeen?

He also wrote an article in the Sunday Herald bumming up to the Aberdeen Faithful say it was like going ‘home’. What a load of old bollocks considering the same time he was writing that he was finishing off his Celtic application form.

As soon as Celtic told him he wasn’t good enough he is back on the phone to Aberdeen and spouting more crap in the press.

The guy has been great for us, no doubt about that, but I for one am sick to the teeth of his bullshit and even if he ends up not getting the Aberdeen job for whatever reason we should just tell him to leave.

He has cut his ties with the club over this whole managerial merry go round so I am cutting mine with him.

I'd agree.

unfortunately I think it's over for us and McGhee. We need to move on with a bit of stability without this constant looking over our shoulder.

It would have been much better if MM had come out post Romanovgate and said right I'm gonna commit to and give it my all for another two seasons at Fir park then I'm gonna try my luck elsewhere. then we'd all know that he'd deflect any interest until the end of next season - whereby we could have said our farewells and gave him a big send-off

There's enough direct quotes in the media to indicate that this continual speculation is partly furthered by his own quest for a bigger fish to fry. All well and good. However we've a job to do here.

get your arse back behind the desk or get on the bus to Porkheid or Sheepville - your shout!

Its Toodle Pip I'm afraid Muttley. Thanks for all your efforts mate and some great football.

NEXT!

get your arse back behind the desk or get on the bus to Porkheid or Sheepville - your shout!

I wouldn't be giving him the first option, I'm afraid. As good a manager as he has been for us, bridges have been burnt now and if the Aberdeen job were to fall through, I'd be asking for his resignation on the strength of what he said in the papers. How can the players be expected to play for us, for him, when he has publicly stated that he would rather be somewhere else?

As a few folk have said already, don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out.

I think I am probably in the minority here, but I can see where he is coming from.

If I was managing Aberdeen and the chance to come and manage Motherwell came up, I would jump at the chance! I am sure that most of you would too. Now, that wouldn't mean that if i wasn't succesfull in getting the job that I would try any less or not do my best for my current club. I actually hope he stays here, whither it be through his choice or just not being able to come to any agreement with Aberdeen. he has been great for us and I think he would continue to be great for us.

All in all I cannot understand what is taking so long. It sure is not helping Motherwell FC and that is all I and the fans on here care about!

It may be becasue the tight arses that are Aberdeen are trying to wangle there way out of paying fair compensation. It may even be that Celtic who are even more tight arses are baulking at paying £2m for Mowbray and let's face it who wouldn't. That could even open the door slightly for McGhee. That would be funny if he ended up at Celtic.

Either way it is time to get it done and dusted. I rate McGhee highly but even I have had enough of this fiasco. Time to move on Muttley and let MFC start the search for a new Manager to allow us enought time to plan for the Europa Cup - although I suspect we will not get enough time :whistling:

A pretty clear and robust denial. It does not look like McCall will be coming (thank fu5k). His agent has obviously been trying to scam PTFC into getting a better deal. Fecking winker.

Seems like an astute PR move from JB to grab the moral high ground in the managerial merry go-round, what with Aberdeen and Celtic seemingly being happy to tap up prospective managers before any official approach was made.

Just hope it doesn't backfire :whistling:

Let the floodgates open!!! That treacherous little c_nt has been at it for years with regards our club, I'm glad they've chosen this route. Hell mend him.

And the rotund McCall won't be darkening our door :whistling:

Aye, what is the script with that little old fuck and Motherwell??

ALWAYS first to stick the knife in?

Anyone know why? I remember an incident at Easter Road for our Semi Final a few years back but it must go further back than that :rolleyes:

I just laugh at Keevins, it's the best way I think.

It did worry me though that he said that McGhee wouldn't be in Aberdeen until Thursday at the earliest. What's the hold up I wonder? Are Aberdeen, or indeed is McGhee waiting on Celtic to officially appoint Mowbray, something that looks as though it may stall, as they don't want to pay the £2M compensation to West Brom?

Just picture this scenario for a minute. Say McGhee was appointed by Aberdeen, officially signed on the dotted line and paraded as their new manager. Then the Mowbray deal at Celtic falls through, so Celtic target McGhee once again, now Aberdeen manager. Do you think McGhee would leave Aberdeen to go to Celtic should they come in for him even though he's just been appointed at Aberdeen?

Not saying that would happen but given McGhee's track record for 'loyalty', could you rule out him doing something like that?

Maybe Mr Boyle should add a further question to his interview list for potential candidates.

"And can you tell me that in spite of your obvious desire to get this job, are you likely to last more than six months before you turn into a cheap hooker offering free gammys to any chairman with a potential managerial vacancy".

I think McGhee has been great for the football side of things but away from that, he's been an arsehole who speaks with a very, very forked tongue. Would love to see him go to the sheep shaggers and then discover that he's A) caught a dose from Stewart Milne & Willie Miller, and, B)Got far less of a budget than he expected.