Looks Definite Now He's Off !

WELLDAFT

I would like to wish the guy all the best he delivered something to alot of 'Well fans we never thought we would see anytime soon. At the age of 22 I was too young to go to Europe last time round so to finish 3rd and go last year was just amazing. That said, Yes he has always made it clear he is desperate to move onto bigger and better things. Some may call him all sorts for voicing these ambitions but were all Jock Tamson's bearin's and want the best in life. Onwards and upwards for the 'Well

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i take it your not in the Gary McALISTER AND luc Niholt fan clubs either then?

who would you want?

Definitley not McAllister, he distanced himself from the job before we signed McGhee by saying he anticipated starting his managerial career at a higher level than Motherwell, so he can feck off. I dont know enough about Nihjolts post Motherwell career or his coaching abilities to make any comment, but, in fairness, I don't think anyone else does either and he's still getting votes from people who remember him with fondness as a player and that's the way I'd prefer to remember him.

We lucked out with McGhee the last time, he was an experienced manager, and if we are going to move on from here we need another experienced man.

As much as I don't like him, I wouldn't be averse to seeing Jimmy Calderwood taking over, as long as he leaves Clark and Nicholl behind.

We couldn't afford Calderwood's leccy bill for keeping up the suntan. Or for the constant re-tubing......

done to death, but still, we probably couldn't afford his wages, although I'd be happy with him as replacement for McGhee

Guest DaviDoOOO

Thanks McGhee done well in your time here but if you dont want to stay,get too fuck.

Edit - not up to McGhee who lets someone else in

I've not read all of this thread so I may be repeating what has been said.

Right, from what I've heard McGhee hasn't actually signed a contract yet, and he's waiting till Friday to do it.

In my opinion, I feel he is doing this to see what happens with Mowbarry at Celtic as WBA seem to be trying to hold on to Mowbarry.

So if this is the case with McGhee, what happens if Aberdeen find out that he's doing this and rip up his contract, and Celtic end up with Mowbarry.

This would leave McGhee with us, and as it seems he is wanting to leave, what would we do?

We couldn't really afford to fire him, but McGhee would obviously not be content to stay with us.

This is obviously a hypothetical situation, but one that could happen.

Has McGhee actually put pen to paper yet?

Right, from what I've heard McGhee hasn't actually signed a contract yet, and he's waiting till Friday to do it.

In my opinion, I feel he is doing this to see what happens with Mowbarry at Celtic as WBA seem to be trying to hold on to Mowbarry.

So if this is the case with McGhee, what happens if Aberdeen find out that he's doing this and rip up his contract, and Celtic end up with Mowbarry.

This would leave McGhee with us, and as it seems he is wanting to leave, what would we do?

We couldn't really afford to fire him, but McGhee would obviously not be content to stay with us.

My nightmare scenario. Not because I don't rate McGhee. But I don't particularly want a manager who doesn't really want to be here and would be looking enviously at the other dugouts when we go to Pittodrie and Celtic Park...

Has McGhee actually put pen to paper yet?

He can't sign anything until compensation has been agreed.

If it all falls through John Boyle will probably tell us what a big coup it is for us persuading him to stay and Mark McGhee will tell us that he decided not to go at the last minute because he hasn't finished what he started with us.

That's not really the point. I don't know where you work but I'd be surprised if your job was in any way similar to being manager of an SPL football team. If you pissed your customers about you'd probably get sacked with one months pay. It seems that football managers can do it all they want and then fuck off to another team or expect the rest of their contract to be paid up if they're sacked.

the sooner the guy leaves the better. i've never been bothered by his whoring himself about before but what he's doing now is having a detrimental effect on our preparations for next season and it has to end as soon as possible. everyday we lose is hurting us.

the guy did a lot for us but all he did what was everyone on this board suggested when malpas left (i) actually get the players fit (ii) play the ball on the deck. a great deal of his success fell into his hands: rossco was already here, porter only signed for us cause we were closer to england than dundee, hammell wanted to come home and stephen hughes came because he was a local boy. apart from that his signings were poor - malcolm, o'brien and sutton didn't deliver what we needed. he has also done nothing to strenghten our squad from the youth system and made many unbelievable tactical choices. the good outweighed the bad until the last two weeks or so, we need to take a more long term view and mark mcghee isn't the man for that.

our fate is in john boyle's hands now and we have to believe he'll come through as he did two seasons ago. if i was in charge of finding a new manager i'd find someone who has never been involved in scottish football, has decent contacts in other transfer markets and will be 100% commited to the job to get the best out of the players and will bring through young players.

IF media reports are to be believed (Sunday Herald?) Celtic has already told Aberdeen that MMcG is not on their wanted list.

He can't sign anything until compensation has been agreed.

If it all falls through John Boyle will probably tell us what a big coup it is for us persuading him to stay and Mark McGhee will tell us that he decided not to go at the last minute because he hasn't finished what he started with us.

If they can't agree in compensation then McGhee will resign, no way will he stay with us now.

If they can't agree in compensation then McGhee will resign, no way will he stay with us now.

I was thinking the same.

How would you feel if he did a Hearts like U turn like last year. I would rather he would just go now as it seems from day dot he's clearly wanting a bigger better deal and it does not involve us.