Looks Definite Now He's Off !

WELLDAFT

If we were to have sacked both then I am quite sure they would have been entitled to the remainder of their contract - dependant on specific terms of course. That being the case then I would expect that in return we should be due the exact same which I would put at a minumum £200k PA. You would have to imagine that MM was on £150-£200k and SL on £75-£100k.

So if it is true that skinflint Miller and Milne were trying to get away with £100k. Brass neck or what - chancing Arabs.

Put up or shut up Aberdeen and stop wasting all our time.

Good post Welldaft. If there was a difference of course then MMcG & SL could always buy out their contracts and make up the difference. If they simply resigned then I'd guess MFC could sue them both for breach of contract.

I don't doubt Aberdeen are quibbling over a few thousand pounds. They're quite capable of pleading poverty and then forking out big fees or salaries for players.

If they want our management team then they pay the going rate end of.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon he's hedging his bets, Sellik are stumbling over compensation for Mowbray and he probably reckons still got an outside shot at that job.

This is just a ridiculous situation.

We are less than a month away from playing a European fixture, we have a threadbare squad in urgent need of reinforcements, players likely to be leaving and a manager who is sitting, biding his time to see if he can land one particular job if someone else doesn't get it, and if not then he's going to another job at another club.

Nearly a whole week has passed by with McGhee being "poised to be named as new Aberdeen manager" while Celtic "battle it out with West Brom over compensation" and we are no further forward than we were last Friday. It's as obvious as the nose on the end of your face that McGhee has no intention of signing for Aberdeen until the Celtic manager's position is filled and he still has a chance, no matter how outside, of landing that job, and that he also has no intentions of staying here if either one of those jobs becomes available to him. Fair fucks to McGhee, he has played Motherwell FC like fucking mugs and done a great job at it, from getting a payrise over his flirtations with the Hearts job last year to leaving us in no man's land this year.

I tell you what, if both of those moves fell through for him, I don't think he'd think twice about 'hanging on' at Fir Park until his next potential move came up for him. The man has absolutely no interest in anyone but himself.

MJC puts it far more elequently don't you think , NAIL HEAD HIT though.

All this pessimism assumes that JB hasn't made approaches to any targets. I'm guessing he has and we won't be without a manager for very long. I'm 100% sure McGhee is away, and I'm sure JB is working on the same assumption.

However - I think it's time to hunt the both of them - they've known the job at Motherwell for a long time and fully understood the financial constraints and their implications. Part of the reason that we aren't bringing in players are their new improved salaries plus things like Bob Malcolms salary. There not entirely to blame for MFC's financial weakness in the transfer market - however they contribute / have contributed to that position.

What I'm trying to say in a roundabout way is that if they want to fuck off for a slightly bigger football budget at a slightly bigger club then that's what they should do and fair play to them. They shouldn't turn it round on the financial budget at MFC when they knew fine well what the position has been for a long time.

I'm not interested in who MMcG rates - we'll sort it ourselves.

Couldn't have put it better myself. The financial restraints at Motherwell weren't on their minds last summer when they doubled their salaries.

If McGhee tries to blame that for his leaving, he's a joke. Not that he'll need to justify it, his pals in the media never ask him the tough questions.

Oh, and aye, stick yer recommendations up yer arse, McGhee. You recommended we give Bob Malcolm a contract. I recommend you sign the fat bastard for Aberdeen...

I wasn't having a dig at you mate, it was an honest question. I have seen so many 'reliable sources' on here that are posting so many different 'certainties' from insiders I was wondering if there had been any actual quotes from the man himself.

I missed a lot of the press when I was on holiday last week, so wasn't sure if that was an official line.

I wasn't having a dig at you mate, it was an honest question. I have seen so many 'reliable sources' on here that are posting so many different 'certainties' from insiders I was wondering if there had been any actual quotes from the man himself.

I missed a lot of the press when I was on holiday last week, so wasn't sure if that was an official line.

Point taken, though, mate. Only reason the post regarding him having enough of having no money caught my eye was because it was very specific about being outbid by Gillingham (I'm assuming the lad Beevers?) and the mention of a managerial candidate right out of leftfield (Kevin Dillon).

I think everyone would like an end to the speculation and rumour so we could move forward and know who was going to be the man in charge next year. Though speculation and rumour are certainly ensuring that, as short as our close season was going to be, it's not been a dull one... :P

McGhee made the comment that he didn't like putting people out of work hence not taking anyone with him.

On this occassion there is no-one to put out of work. He has to build the backroom staff himself. Hence the easy option of taking Leitchy with him.

Say we don't have a new manager in time to prepare for the European game, who would take over?

I'm guessing, and it is only a guess, Gordon Young. Which is fine because given the shallowness of the squad, the entire bench could be U19s he was coaching last season...

Sheepymeh fans are accusing Boyle of being at it and being tight-ersed with cash. We are a wee diddy club and should just roll over and let them rip the pish out of us. That 1983 attitude is alive and well up North. Some even accuse Boyle of being a very bad businessman who hasn't got a clue what he is doing (a guy who built Direct Holidays from nothing and made over £70 million from selling it, I know Zoom went bust but that was at the very start of when things globally were going wrong). £200,000 is the value of the contract if you want to get him, as has been said, you wouldn't go into Argos/Comet/wherever and try to haggle would you?

As has also been said, though, McGhee's position is untenable now. He can't come back and be our Manager now, one way or another he simply has to go.

So according to the Sun Mark McGhee has a £200k compensation clause built in to his contract. I'd like to know what that means exactly. It could mean various things.

I heard about this really early doors (post Romanovgate) - that there was a clause where he would be allowed to be released from his contract with the club if one of a number of teams offered him a position. it was said somewhere else that the teams were named (although that might be just a bit too messy)

basically he moves nowhere during this contract unless the new club or himself pays Motherwell 200K.

basically he moves nowhere during this contract unless the new club or himself pays Motherwell 200K.

I wondered about that. So what that would imply is that if he was at the start of a long contract he'd go the cheap but if at the end of a short one MFC would be guaranteed a fair sum. No mention of the Scott Leitch element then?

If true then it would appear to be clear cut. IF the Dons won't stump up the full amount he could make up the difference himself if he's so depserate to move.

I heard about this really early doors (post Romanovgate) - that there was a clause where he would be allowed to be released from his contract with the club if one of a number of teams offered him a position. it was said somewhere else that the teams were named (although that might be just a bit too messy)

So why should it take so long? That's a 1 min conversation.

Boyle- ' Will you pay the 200K comp?'

Milne/Miller- 'No'

Boyle- ' Ok see ya'

Milne/Miller- 'No'

Boyle- ' Ok see ya'

Problem being that, we don't really want him and they do. They're using that fact to try and haggle here. What should have happened is that when Aberdeen first made their 'official' approach to Motherwell to ask permission to talk to him, the compensation issue should have been ironed out then...

Milne/Miller- 'No'

Boyle- ' Ok see ya'

Yo would have thought so star sail

Aberdeen will be looking to pay around 50%, hoping that JB compromises a bit and, fuck it if there's a gap in the middle maybe McGhee will make that up out of his own pocket.

As Melvin and a few others have said - it's getting to the point where we HAVE to shift McGhee - as there is no way back.