Llanelli Ticket Information

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but if they think they can gain any advantage from playing at their Home Ground then it is their decision. Although if the amounts that are being quoted are correct then the money they make subtract the cost of policing a bigger stadium and hiring the place may actually not be that great, especially if they only sell 300-500 tickets.

What they'll be worried about (obviously) is moving it, and then not getting enough fans turning up to cover the costs of renting the bigger stadium.

No doubt, the club representatives will be able to give them an idea of traveling fans likely to turn up regardless of the first leg result. Then it will just be a case of "do the sums add up?"

I'm sure they'll move it, they're not daft.

On the face of it you would think so, and I'm sure the Motherwell delegation heading down to Wales will present the figures of estimated travelling support and the utter inadequacy of the ticket allocation, but as weeyin says, it will all come down to the maths. Money will be very tight at Llanelli and they will only change the venue if it makes financial sense. Hopefully the option of moving to the Scarlets rugby ground can be a win-win for everyone.

That picture on the fishel looks like there's a fair bit of space behind that goal.

What about some compromise and they stick up a temporary stand behind the goals for us. They get their home ground, they get the extra revenue, we get to see the game?

That picture on the fishel looks like there's a fair bit of space behind that goal.

What about some compromise and they stick up a temporary stand behind the goals for us. They get their home ground, they get the extra revenue, we get to see the game?

UEFA rules state that you can't have temp seating that's why Gretna played at Fir Park an QOS played at Airdrie!!

UEFA rules state that you can't have temp seating that's why Gretna played at Fir Park an QOS played at Airdrie!!

I take it that's just hear'say and may not be accurate in the slightest, the issue regarding seating may have to have been submitted prior to the UEFA certificate

:blush::whistling: I've just found some UEFA guidelines and indeed there is a line staing temporay seating is prohibited and a definition of temporary as

seating which, by virtue of its material, design and

construction, is clearly intended for use for a very limited period.

but these very same guideline also indicate that a stadium category 1 can host matches in front of standing spectators? now we just have to find out if stebonheath is category 1,2,3 or Elite??

QOS and Gretna played at other grounds not because of seating restrictions, but because they didn't have a UEFA certificates at all and would have had to carry out major works to comply dugouts/changing rooms/female officials rooms/pitch sizing etc etc etc

I'd hope some additional capacity is able to be found from somewhere, and can't really bring myself to criticise Llanelli for making choices to suit themselves, that would make me too much like and old firm fan B-)

PS just for the record have we still got some tractor seats in the Phil stand?

made of an unbreakable and non-fl ammable material

and have a backrest of a minimum height of 30 cm when measured from the seat

Easy solution for tickets. If you're one of the greedy gits who have seen every 'well game in Europe why don't you step aside and let someone who hasn't had the pleasure, do so !

Same goes for cup finals. If you were at the 52 and 91 games then don't bother going if we get to next seasons final. Sure that will leave enough to go round. :blush:

Oh aye, one other point "Family committments" don't count as an excuse for not going to a game and if you "Weren't born before a certain game" that's nae excuse either so stop yer whingin' ! :whistling:

Had a wee swatch at their forum and it is a pretty mixed response to where they want it played, perhaps a slight majority wanting to cash in and move it to PYS. One guy said common sense should prevail and they move it as this is their biggest European draw ever!!

:whistling:

Anyway have a swatch, some 'Well fans are already in amongst it.

'The Reds'

Thats just hear'say and may not be accurate in the slightest, the issue regarding seating may have to have been submitted prior to the UEFA certificate

Actually according to UEFA Stadium Regulations 2006 Article 16. Point 2 reads:

The use of temporary stands is prohibited.

Although point 1 of the same article would put our O'Donnell Stand (North and South) out of use as it reads:

Seats for spectators must be individual, fixed (e.g. to the floor), separated from one

another, shaped, numbered, made of an unbreakable and non-flammable material

Although again same Article, if I read this right Terracing is allowed in the First Qualifying Round... Unless they have changed where it says Round 2, now reads round 1.

So we'll get what? 100 tickets?

So how many of them won't be snapped up as comps, sponsors, folk within the club etc?

About 4?

Ach well, that's me saved two annual leave days anyway!

I wouldn't mind so much if it was genuinely to give them a home advantage, but we all know it's just because they're scared of getting pumped in the first leg and having a poor home support in the second. Personally that seems a very unfair reason to penalise about 1,500-2,000 'Well fans.

I hope we fucking demolish them in Airdrie.

Actually according to UEFA Stadium Regulations 2006 Article 16. Point 2 reads:

The use of temporary stands is prohibited.

Although point 1 of the same article would put our O'Donnell Stand (North and South) out of use as it reads:

Seats for spectators must be individual, fixed (e.g. to the floor), separated from one

another, shaped, numbered, made of an unbreakable and non-flammable material

Although again same Article, if I read this right Terracing is allowed in the First Qualifying Round... Unless they have changed where it says Round 2, now reads round 1.

That mean we can't use the 'tractor seats' in the POD then?

but these very same guideline also indicate that a stadium category 1 can host matches in front of standing spectators? now we just have to find out if stebonheath is category 1,2,3 or Elite??

Sorry for quoting myself (please don't give me a warning wellfan1984)

Later in the regulations it sates :

Category 1 stadiums must provide a grandstand with 200 seats (Stebo passes this)

Category 2 &3 must provide a grandstand with 3000 seats (Stebo disnae)

Now I'm no Columbo but by deduction does that not mean Stebo must be a category 1 stadium and thus can host matches in front of standing spectators??

Now for the bucket of water, does Stebo have terracing? and a local council certificate for terracing??

Doesn't the categories stand for rounds.

Cat 1. - First Round

Cat 2. - Second Round

Cat 3. - Third Round

Elite - Elite Rounds (Used to be First Round and Group Stages in UEFA Cup and Beyond).

Although I'm sure these are now outdated since the Champions League and Europa League have been reformatted. It also seems outdated as I am sure either Alun the Llanelli fan or their own forum said they had to upgrade to 1000 seats to be allowed to play at home.

Stuff them, totally amateurish from their board, the fact they are charging us £20 with no concessions but cheaper for their own fans is a joke.

I would hope Motherwell would refuse any allocation as frankly, they are taking the piss with that and I wouldn't encourage it.

Here's to stuffing 5 past them at the Shyberry and leaving them with 2 men and a dog at the return leg.