Llanelli Ticket Information

Guest 'Flow

The grey area is why they, seemingly, have decided to play the game at home and neither you or I know for certain what their motivation was. The cronological order of events (i.e. them asking to swap the ties, us refusing and then them refusing to move the game to accomodate our travelling support) may all be coincidence, it may be more financially rewarding for them or it may be a spiteful tactic. Who knows?

Your sweeping statement "Motherwell fans are spoiled" is garbage. We want to see our team play. Any seasoned supporter will tell you we don't get into Europe that often so I can understand if folks get a bit agitated at the thought of missing such an occassion.

Your point about drawing Villa, Everton, etc isn't valid as:

1. They're both unlikely to bring 10,000+ to an away game therefore Fir Park would be fine.

and

2. You can be sure that any decision we'd make about a venue for a "big" match would be based purely on finance and giving us the best possible chance of progressing. I remain unconvinced that thats the case here.

They have spent what one assumes is a few quid on getting their ground UEFA compliant and played their Champs League qualifier there last season. If the figures of £20k are correct giving up their own home to go play a prestigious euro tie elsewhere would have to be worth their while. So say 1000 Motherwell fans to break even. With another 500 on top of that to make profit - worth it for them ?

Im as big a Motherwell fan as you i can assure you and would prefer to play at the rugby stadium where id be garaunteed a ticket - to be accusing them of being spoilt weans due to the luck of the draw on this thread is a bit of pot and kettle. If i get a Motherwell ticket good , if i dont ill try for one of theirs , over the wall , bribing a turnstyle man or whatever , failing that ill have a good day and night in the pub with the boys. Cast your mind back to Nancy , Inverurie , Stranraer this - anytime tickets have been tight , our fans are spoiled on the ticket front and a lot act like weans on the rare occasion when they cant get a ticket.

We near filled Fir Park for Nancy with them bringing about 30 fans, how many home fans would we get for a Premiership side in Europe. Both those sides i imagine have around 20,000 season ticket holders , with segregation we'd give them what ?

We'd rightly tell them to F off if they wanted our tickets or the game moved so more of them could get in

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no that much of a hassle really.

I think we're all a bit Nancy and Iverurie'd oot to be honest.

Basically right now I think most of us feel they can ram their tickets.

So if its a couple of hundred tickets - it'll end up being a ballot - I imagine most won't be arsed with that either. Time off work, followed by time off work followed by. . . time off work

Our own plans were to head down regardless of tickets. Right now it looks like we'll just forget it.

Sad really that in this day and age a maximum of 3000 football fans can't be accomodated at a European tie. For me it's just nuts.

I agree with the points made earlier by fatcalf and the like too. If they opened up the terracing there would be close to 3000 there. Willing to stand but not being allowed to. The game's gone nuts.

The other argument re an EPL team is just pish. Playing anybody at fir park they'd get Corporate in the POD plus the whole South Stand (more than 3500 seats if I mind right) - that's acceptable in any round of a UEFA tournament.

Guest 'Flow

Discussions have been on-going this morning folks (over the telephone)....

We'll announce as soon as we have anything confirmed!

Cheers

'Flow

Discussions have been on-going this morning folks (over the telephone)....

We'll announce as soon as we have anything confirmed!

Cheers

'Flow

As you can see mate - the risk is that by jumping the gun - they've switched a few off.

Hopefully something enjoyable and worthwhile can be salvaged particularly for those that have planned ahead.

Can I suggest that before we all go completely of the deep end and before we insult the Welsh nation any more we wait until the club tell us officially what is happening?

Can I suggest that before we all go completely of the deep end and before we insult the Welsh nation any more we wait until the club tell us officially what is happening?

I keep insulting the Welsh all I like. That 'Whats Occuring' is the pishest patter since whose yanks introduced 'Whassup'

PS Rugby players are poofs , they only play so they can put their hands and heads between each others legs - FACT.
If you say that to the face of a Welsh prop forward, I'll buy you a pint. And the straw you'll be needing to drink it.

Should have all the confirmed details by tomorrow morning when the two clubs meet in Wales.

Fingers crossed! :cheers:

Do you think it will happen?

According to Firpark Corner somone from site has spoken to the club looks as if motherwell guarntee numbers they will move to Rugbry ground

Guest 'Flow
Do you think it will happen?

Couldn't say as it wouldn't be proper at this stage!

However, it should be put on record that all communications between the clubs have been very friendly and very professional, the way it should be!

Alun what do you think the chances are of this getting moved

As i've stated on our forum, i'd love to see the game moved to PYS to accomodate you lot. Hopefully the powers that be from motherwell persuade our officials to see sense and play it there. I think there's a very good chance it will be moved. All will be revealed tomorrow.