Motherwell Vs Llanelli

Mourin-Hoe

Also, surely if everything is set in stone the only thing left to decide is how many tickets 'Well get? And that could be done over the phone?

But we have representatives flying down on Thursday.

So does that mean perhaps not everything is as confirmed as it first appears, or is that wishful thinking?

I dunno, perhaps tommorow when JB realises this shower have jumped the gun he won't bother. Tell you what, and I doubt I'm alone - I'm starting to lose interest with all this no/mibees/definately no getting a ticket shite. I'm actually not bothered my hoop.

If they have switched this ground just to spite us because we failed to give them their 'glamour tie' at home first they can go fuck themselves.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They have changed their site this is what it says now, by the looks of the well site they knew where the game was going to be played. I thought motherwell could have advised us at lease not to book anything till there was an announcement.

Europa Cup Draw pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png Llanelli have been drawn away to Motherwell FC to be played on Thursday 2nd July 2009 and then home on 9th July 2009. After a meeting with the Motherwell Officials on Thursday it will be decided if the match will be at Stebonheath of at Parc y Scarlets.

Tell you what, and I doubt I'm alone - I'm starting to lose interest with all this no/mibees/definately no getting a ticket shite. I'm actually not bothered my hoop.

It's hard to stay excited about the whole thing when all this shite is going on. That said, I won't be too disappointed either way. If the game gets moved, I'll go and have a good trip. If it doesn't, I'll save two days holiday for Scotland's playoffs! :whistling:

If they have switched this ground just to spite us because we failed to give them their 'glamour tie' at home first they can go fuck themselves.

It's increasingly beginning to look that way I'm afraid. It's already evident it's not for football reasons, and with announcements being made before the two clubs have met it all seems petty and unprofessional.

I thought motherwell could have advised us at lease not to book anything till there was an announcement.

A tad harsh on MFC I'd say. After the debacle of the Nancy allocation many fans would and should have known about this possibility anyway.

I'd concentrate my fire on the differential ticket pricing.

I think both clubs knew where the game was going to be played when it came up here its funny the Motherwell site put it up just after.

What I make of it is that motherwell were going to meet them to see how many tickets they were getting.

Don't think anybody will convince me otherwise.

Why should Llanelli give up home advantage on what is probably a tight little ground and rent a 15,000 seater stadium just to accommodate maybe an extra 1,000 - 1,200 'Well fans?

£15,000 minus extra policing, stewarding, stadium costs, tax etc.

Doesn't make much sense from a Llanelli point of view.

Did I read a quote from their Director saying that if they were at home for first leg they would have had 7000 home fans :rolleyes: Their record attendance is only 1500.

Anyway main point, How can they charge the lucky Well fans who get tickets more than the home fans ?

Instead of slagging the other team shouldn't we concentrate on our own. This could be ideal for a couple of the youngsters to stake a claim for the full squad, and impress the next manager whether they are in post or not.

We need to be mentally atuned to an early pre season game which will have a meaning. Llanelli will be up for it looking to take what has been suggested is a bigger scalp. Indeed some of their players may be looking to clinch a move to a so called bigger club. What we really should do is circulate a story that we are interested in their under 21 striker and hopefully the presure will get to them. If we treat this as just another warm up match we will get egg on our face. Just look at last years cup. Like all well sides get it right in the head and we are half way to sucess.

as for the tickets have to say I appreciate llanelis position it isn't in their interest to have a massive well support there so why let them in. Just shows they have the belief that they can beat us so why give us any help.

Why should Llanelli give up home advantage on what is probably a tight little ground and rent a 15,000 seater stadium just to accommodate maybe an extra 1,000 - 1,200 'Well fans?

£15,000 minus extra policing, stewarding, stadium costs, tax etc.

Doesn't make much sense from a Llanelli point of view.

Spot on.

However is the capacity of the ground no about 3000, which would be more than enough room to accomodate everyone that wants to go!?

Or is it only the seated areas that can be used?

A tad harsh on MFC I'd say. After the debacle of the Nancy allocation many fans would and should have known about this possibility anyway.

I tend to agree with you here, Dave. With the list of teams we were drawn against being narrowed to four, it was very easy to do research into size of ground/probability of getting a ticket before the draw was made and therefore not have to rush into booking travel. I know it's very easy for me to say this as someone who had no intention of travelling, no matter where the game was.

Having said that, I think the Welsh are being a bit daft if they normally move their bigger games to another stadium. Or maybe they've had a look at our squad and figured that the tie might not be over after the game in Airdrie and don't fancy turning their home leg into a game where their support is outnumbered or 7 to 1...

I can't believe just how Billy Big Baws some Well fans are being over this.

FFS I think we'd b lucky to take 1200 to the game even if it was at the bigger ground.

Give them a chance, you never know what might happen.

Just think ,if the shoe was on the other foot and some English team were demanding we moved the tie from Fir Park just in case they decided to bring a big support you can bet your arse this place would be in meltdown.

I was Sales & Marketing Director from 2000- 2003 at this wee place not too far from Llanelli

www.celtic-manor.com

I`ve just sent this to every single person I know who is involved in tourism in Wales, might not help but it made me feel I was doing something

~~~~

All my life I`ve supported Motherwell FC and guess what, we`ve been drawn to play the first qualifying round of the Europa League on July 9th in Llanelli

Lots of excitement back home and estimates of 1,500 making the trip for the game

However, for various technical reasons Llanelli FC can only accommodate 1,000 at their ground which would mean very few tickets being allocated to visiting fans ( tourists )

Llanelli FC could switch the game to the brand new rugby stadium in the town which, with a capacity of 14,000 could easily accommodate the 1,500 tourists

However Llanelli FC are unwilling to take the financial gamble of hiring the larger stadium reckoning that after costs they will make not much more money

Which means the town of Llanelli ( and Wales ) will lose about 1,400 potential tourists who will not now be able to visit, stay & spend money as they can`t watch their team play

Why am I telling you this ?

Well for 3 and a half years I battled to bring visitors & tourism into Wales but I am long gone and you guys are much closer to the action than me

Thank you for reading this and please pass it on to whoever you know who will take a look at the big picture and hopefully step in with assistance to help Llanelli FC stage this game at a bigger stadium....... so I can visit Wales

Michael