Paul Quinn

garethgardner

I lay the blame for this threadbare squad and others being allowed to enter the final year of their contracts in this way squarely at the door of Mark McGhee. It is absolutely disgusting the state he has left the first team squad in and for this he deserves a huge ammount of criticism, which he won't get of course.

He offered contracts to Smith, Klimpl, Hughes and Buzz. He can't force them to sign the contracts if they reckon they can get more elsewhere. It's always gonna be the same way when we give a bunch of guys a 2 year contract at the same time. I dunno if contract lengths are down to him or to others at the club.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see Cardiff offering more than 250 k for 1 player. Thats just the way Cardiff runs. Finds gems for a small price(like your league) then sell them on for a big profit. We allways sell our stars and i hate it, but thats just how the club is run due to the size of the debt we are in. Although we have just paid 4 mill for Chopra reportedly !

Unfortunately Scottish football prices are a lot lower than English prices hence the reason we buy then sell on if they do well. Can you honestly believe that any of your players will leave for more than 3 mill ? I cant. I dont think Cardiff will sign any of these either, they are just sniffing about for bargains. I can see us signing out of contract Rangers players if im honest

Sell them both no probs i like Clarky and Quinn but i dont think they're irreplacable and hopefully 1.5m will help us through the financial minefield that we're in with the loss of tv income. Hopefully will also free funds to give our new manager scope to get who he wants in.

I honestly believe that were we to sell both these players, you're looking at the calculation being how much we received in transfer fees for them against how much relegation will cost us. Are they irreplaceable? No, but with a squad as thin as ours, to sell two guys who would bust a gut for your club as well as being two of your best players would be nothing short of folly.

Of our marketable assets, Reynolds is the one I think we would find it easiest to replace. Sadly, I also think he's the least marketable at the moment.

If we sell Clarkson and Quinn for £500,000 combined, we might as well change the sign above the door to Oxfam and register as a charity...

Cardiff are today rumoured to be looking at Motherwell captain Paul Quinn aswell as striker David Clarkson.

Whats Paul Quinn like ?

Pish. Both of them are rank rotten. Look elsewhere is our advice to you.

:P

Do Cardiff know any other clubs apart from Motherwell nowadays? The scary thing is as far as I can tell there are no ex-Dossers in the backroom staff there :O

What they all said, send your scout to a place called Hamilton and if He's really careful Paisley, they've got much better players for you to look at (well hopefully save us looking at thier dodgy coupons) :whistling:

As posted in the In's and Out's thread, I've heard that the club are actively looking to sell Quinn. They have put him in the shop window, hence why all the clubs are showing an interest.

Guaranteed he is away for the new season!

If we are touting our talent then that does set a few alarm bells ringing.

If we are touting our talent then that does set a few alarm bells ringing.

I know what you're saying, but if these guys were likely to leave for nothing in a year's time and by selling them just now we can 4 or 5 decent players for at least this season and next, it looks like some forward planning from JB...

I know what you're saying, but if these guys were likely to leave for nothing in a year's time and by selling them just now we can 4 or 5 decent players for at least this season and next, it looks like some forward planning from JB...

Fingers crossed that is the case mate as it would signal a welcome change in Boyle's thinking.

Just got a bad feeling about this however.

I agree with that logic, elsewhere though you seem to think that the selling of these guys heralds an impending relegation?! :rolleyes:

I never mentioned before as I'm not one that usually goes in for the third party chat, but I was told a few weeks ago by a guy at work who knows Paul that he told himself it is incredibly unlikely he will be at Fir Park next season. Like I say, I don't like going into the "taxi driver told me" nonsense usually...only mentioning it now since this thread has started.

I agree with that logic, elsewhere though you seem to think that the selling of these guys heralds an impending relegation?! :rolleyes:

No conflict in those opinions at all. I reckon we will struggle to replace Clarkson's goals and all round play. So I think we will be fighting relegation. Nowhere did I say that we would definitely go down. In fact, to quote...

Calm down, so we're in for a relegation battle. Been there before and we will be again. I would imagine that some of any fees brought in will go towards strengthening the squad. Wait and see what the season brings. I expect us to struggle, maybe even get relegated but I'm not going to get myself worked up about it. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again...

I said in that post that it looked bleak to me at the moment. Anyone who thinks it doesn't look bleak, has had too many happy pills this morning. But I did say that I'd been wrong before. Let's hope I am again...

Ok, I should maybe have read exactly what you said!!

I don't think it's as bleak, yet, as is being painted by some though.

If we're sitting a few days before the start of the season in this situation then I'll panic.

The tone of my posts has changed, I'll grant you. The anti-depressants must be kicking in...

I'm OK about DC and Quinn moving on - provided its for good money. With the Setanta deal up the shit creek, there's going to be a lot of football talent begging for work but few clubs with a budget to pay for it. Provided the new manager gets all transfer fees for squad investment then we M'well should be better placed than most non Old Firm teams.

How about taking wee Griffiths for a start? And come back Foran :cheers:

How about taking wee Griffiths for a start? And come back Foran :cheers:

Surely we can afford to go for Griffiths now if we are to receive a decent sum for Clarky, if Dundee are only paying £125,000. Wouldn't be too bothered if Quinn is to leave if we were to keep McLean, but with that looking unlikely it would be stupidity to get rid of Coach if we don't have anybody elses lined up. Saunders will be his replacement at the moment if he does go but far too inexperienced.

Surely we can afford to go for Griffiths now if we are to receive a decent sum for Clarky, if Dundee are only paying £125,000. Wouldn't be too bothered if Quinn is to leave if we were to keep McLean, but with that looking unlikely it would be stupidity to get rid of Coach if we don't have anybody elses lined up. Saunders will be his replacement at the moment if he does go but far too inexperienced.

I don't buy this too inexperienced pish. He came in for a few games and didn't disgrace himself. The same could have been said about Reynolds when he came in with no experience. I think we need to get back to basics and move some of these young players up the pecking order. McGhee was too afraid to give these guys a decent run in the team (Meechan, Page, Hutch, Saunders, McHugh). For all his faults, Butcher had no choice but to use the youth and I am confident we can do the same with the new manager.

Bring it on!