Paul Quinn

garethgardner

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardiff are today rumoured to be looking at Motherwell captain Paul Quinn aswell as striker David Clarkson.

Whats Paul Quinn like ?

well that would mean a million pound kitty for the new manager as surely an international striker and an experienced , but still young, fullback should command that sort of figure.

I dont know any of these players. I hear Clarkson has the potential to be as good as Ross McCormack beating him to Player of the Year at your club. It would be great if he was anything like him. My Scottish football knowledge isnt that high but the players we have had from there have been brilliant for us(Such as Rossco,Burke,Macnaughton) Rae is yet to do much tho

Cardiff are today rumoured to be looking at Motherwell captain Paul Quinn aswell as striker David Clarkson.

Whats Paul Quinn like ?

I would gladly drive Quinn to Cardiff for you. He is an okay right back, however his big mouth and attitude get him into trouble on and off the park. As for Clarkson, he flatters to deceive too much for me and isn't anything like McCormack. Again, guilty of opening his mouth and getting booked, I think both players would be better if they moved on from Motherwell.

We could use the money and build a better side.

cardiff are about to sell somebody to birmingham for 5 million so they should have plenty of money if they want quinn and clarky.if we could get 1 and a half million for both id be happy with that provided the money gets used to rebuild the team

if cardiff are selling 1 player for £5m then surely then john boyle could demand a decent price for them i would say £1m each that sounds fair to me then the £2m gets put straight back into the team in my opinion that sounds a fair enough deal <_<

I would gladly drive Quinn to Cardiff for you. He is an okay right back, however his big mouth and attitude get him into trouble on and off the park. As for Clarkson, he flatters to deceive too much for me and isn't anything like McCormack. Again, guilty of opening his mouth and getting booked, I think both players would be better if they moved on from Motherwell.

We could use the money and build a better side.

<_<:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We could use the money to buy...who?!?

Who are Motherwell going to get (or more importantly, afford) that's better than a striker who is frequently called up for international duty?

When I first arrived on this board Clarkson was the object of ridicule due to his inability to find the net. As he improved that much to now be a million pound player ? Though the way transfer fees have escalated I can't be far off being worth a million :cheers:

Well if you look at McCormack is a £5m rated striker and Fletcher is a £4m+ rated striker and Clarkson has out scored both of them in recent years (when McCormack was at Motherwell) and Fletcher last season then I would still say £1m is too little...

if cardiff are selling 1 player for £5m then surely then john boyle could demand a decent price for them i would say £1m each that sounds fair to me then the £2m gets put straight back into the team in my opinion that sounds a fair enough deal :cheers:

Thats not how it works I'm afraid. If Cardiff bagged £5m for one of their players they'd be wringing their hands and telling us they were on their uppers/both players came from the SPL/were untried at a decent level/they would help us out by offering £500k for the pair.

:cheers::O:(:lol::lol:

We could use the money to buy...who?!?

Who are Motherwell going to get (or more importantly, afford) that's better than a striker who is frequently called up for international duty?

Hmmm, perhaps you would like to see Clarky walk out like McCormack??? Incase you hadn't noticed, we are a selling club and I would rather both he and/or Quinn moved for good money than have them walk away for derisory compo.

As for a replacement, well that's not my job to identify and scout talent, however perhaps we can get someone like Ports, it's up to the new manager. There have been better players come in before Clarky and better will arrive after him.

Laugh all you like, but you know it makes sense to cash in now, rather than have them walk away for very little, espeically in the current climate.

Spot on. You won't catch me laughing. It makes a lot of sense as every club knows.

It's true but like it or not players like Quinn and Clarky are the heart and soul of our team and if we were to lose both I would really fear for our chances next season. We're short handed as it is and even replacing those 2 with 4 or 5 lesser players may not be enough.

We've got a fine balancing act to perform here; selling 1 or 2 players may give us the cash injection needed to get a few new names and boost the squad. Sell too many (or the wrong players) however and we could find ourselves really struggling next season.

Aye, and the money we got for Porter was re-invested in the squad eh? Who did we get in January when Porter moved? A loan-ee from the mhankies as McGhee tried to suck up to them and a boy from Birmingham who never so much as kicked a ball in anger!!! Money well spent?

Any money we get for Clarky/Quinn?etc WON'T be used to buy able replacements. We have just received £200k in compensation, shifted Klimpl, Hughes, Buzz, Boab and I pray not, but it's looks likely McLeans wages off the wage bill, and still I fear we will have apparently no money to replace them.

Hmmm, perhaps you would like to see Clarky walk out like McCormack??? Incase you hadn't noticed, we are a selling club and I would rather both he and/or Quinn moved for good money than have them walk away for derisory compo.

it's alright saying that but if we get relegated next season we are up shit creek. we can't afford to lose maybe 7 (porter, buzz, hughes, klimpl and maybe clarky, reynolds and quinn) of our best players from what was already a thin squad.

trafficlight - not everyone slated clarky. it's a shame all the old posts got wiped or we could have a right good laugh at what all the regular nostradamus's have had to say about clarky, quinn and buzz.

I lay the blame for this threadbare squad and others being allowed to enter the final year of their contracts in this way squarely at the door of Mark McGhee. It is absolutely disgusting the state he has left the first team squad in and for this he deserves a huge ammount of criticism, which he won't get of course.

It's a tough balancing act. How much is a player worth to a club? If Clarky stays and helps us to a place in the Europa group stages, a cup semi, a 5th place finish in the league, and then walks for free at the end of next season is that more valuable to the club than selling him for 500k?