Paul Quinn

garethgardner

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Quinn will be a far bigger loss than many people are suggesting, albeit if he is a bit of a liability off the park. He is one player who never holds back, whatever the occasion, and I have to say credit to McGhee, he did add an attacking side to his game, last season he was one of our best players and we will struggle to replace him.

Burn Broomfield sumed it up perfectly.

Quinn will be a very big loss to us, he always gives 110% and is an excellent full back!

You are entitled tour opinion, but I beg to differ. Like most modern full backs, he was good going forward, always available, but wasn't a great crosser. In my opinion he was a poor defender. Pat Rice at Arsenal used to shout 'Stop the Cross' so much at Lee Dixon, he used to think that was his name. Paul Quinn never ever seemed capable of stopping his man getting to the line and getting a cross in, which inevitably led to us losing a lot of goals from crosses. The same can be said for Hammell.

Cardiff are off their head if they have paid the reported £700k!

Only my opinion mind!

Another loss to the side, he had a determination about him, a winners mentality say,

might have split the fans, and got into some bother of his own making on occasion, but he always had that steely determination to never lie down.

Best of luck, Coach.

Quinn was the most forward thinking full back we have had in years. Saunders is abysmal at the moment and has a lot to live up to. Il miss Coach he was one of the few players you could see barking orders and moving into the space on the flanks, which Saunders failed completely at the other night. Quinn and Clarkson were the only two players left I actually rated so Im expecting us to be pretty poor for a few seasons now. Its happened before and it will happen again, thats the way our club is run... but i love the rollercoaster, wouldnt have it any other way.

Resigned myself to the fact we were losing him a while back but really hope he does the business down there.

The boy has the physical atrributes, talent and mentality to do well for himself.

In return I assume we have received a tidy fee which is credit to Quinn. How much are we talking though?

With Roscoe and the Coltness Cafu in their ranks, I hope Cardiff can make a right push for the promotion this year.

Paul Quinn seemed to divide the fans but he will be a major loss to the side - just look at how we performed in the games he missed last season.
Well, we lost both the games when he was sent off, if that's what you mean. He played in two of the poorest performances last season (losing 2 - 0 to St. Mirren and drawing 0 - 0 with Killie) in what were supposed to be vital games. I didn't see much of his motivational skills and driving energy in those; Killie especially.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a decent player, but I don't see him as any more than that. He also embarrassed the club with his off-the-field antics, and tarnished the captain's example that Uncle Phil had set. I know a lot of people don't care about that as long as a player is turning in performances, but it's not how I want my team represented.

This "rollercoaster" pish does my head in!

We've just sold arguably our best two players. Best of luck to Jim Gannon as without a decent chunk of Clarkson and Quinns transfers being re-invested in the squad it's gonna be worse than awful.

The Setanta deal falling through affects everyone right? Where's the firesale from all the other clubs then? The same ones that hadn't already lost half their starting 11.

Where's the firesale from all the other clubs then? The same ones that hadn't already lost half their starting 11.

Who the fuck are they gonna sell? Not too many other teams have sellable assets like we happened to have right now - we got lucky. Hibs already offloaded a guy with 4 years on his contract and I think other clubs will follow suit soon enough. Perhaps they are already banking on a new TV deal before doing that, I dunno. But it'll happen. Maybe Accies will sell one of the two (or both) young guys they, who knwos? Reality has to bite for some of these clubs soon - Hearts in particular.

The Setanta deal falling through affects everyone right? Where's the firesale from all the other clubs then? The same ones that hadn't already lost half their starting 11.

Falkirk are down to their last 11/12 players. Who would Killie sell? The Hammies are £1.3 m in debt and will have to cash in on their assets shortly. Hibs are cashing in on Fletcher. St Mirren will flog Dorman.

Wait until mid/late August and then you'll see some real activity - with some SPL clubs scrambling to replace players as deadline day approaches.

Who the fuck are they gonna sell? Not too many other teams have sellable assets like we happened to have right now - we got lucky. Hibs already offloaded a guy with 4 years on his contract and I think other clubs will follow suit soon enough. Perhaps they are already banking on a new TV deal before doing that, I dunno. But it'll happen. Maybe Accies will sell one of the two (or both) young guys they, who knwos? Reality has to bite for some of these clubs soon - Hearts in particular.

Excellent post!

I would say Killie have assets in Combe, Invincible, Fernandez and Taouil. Accies have McCarthur, McCarthy and Easton. Abderdeen have Mackie, Aluko, Mulgrew. EVERY team has sellable assets, and ones that have had more press than ours. Did the SFA not say they would meet the payments etc Setanta couldn't?

Anyway....if Quinn simply had to be sold, then you'd think more effort would've been made to keep McLean?!

Anyway....if Quinn simply had to be sold, then you'd think more effort would've been made to keep McLean?!

Why? Experience shows we never get a full season out of him. Shame? Yes, certainly. But it's a harsh reality for teams like Motherwell - moreso now - that we cannae afford to be rehabbing players based on how they might turn out. He was offered a 1-year dealm supposedly, which I think is fair under these circumstances and he chose to go elsewhere. Good luck to him. We'll get someone else in now - someone the new manager actually WANTS as he builds HIS team.

When are some of the moaners on this site gonna realise that we are a SELLING club.

*That means we are gonna bring throught young players and SELL them when the right offer comes in.

*It means we are gonna bring in free transfers and then SELL them on when the ight offer comes in.

*It means we are going to pay small transfer fees and then SELL them on for a profit.

We tried the spend spend and more spend with high wages and high transfer fees and it nearly finished the club off.

We have sold throughout history with Ian St John , Gary McCalister, Brian McClair, Tommy Boyd, Phil O Donnell, Lee McCulloch, Stevie McMillan, James Mcfadden , Stevie Hammell, Scott McDonald, Chris Porter and now David Clarksin and Paul Quinn. There is probably many more and apologies if i have missed any.

It will happen in the future as we may SELL Robert McHugh, Paul Slane and Saunders and I hope we do because it will ensure the survival of the club I love.

Nobody likes to see all those stars leave our club but that is the way it has to be and the sooner that you accept it then the easier it becomes to enjoy being a well fan. It's not easy but i wouldn't have it any other way.

So please when we do get 1 million quid for McHugh and Slane stop coming on and cracking up at the board , 'why did thy let them go?', because it's beginning to sound like a stuck record guys.

We SELL to survive so accept it and stop yer bloody moaning. :lol: