Paul Quinn

garethgardner

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a ridiculous statement!

Yes, what Cardiff are offering is good money but how can you say that a young lad with a handful of games under his belt is a "ready-made replacement"?

I forgot you see at the reserve games over in the States!

Aye, I couldn't possibly have seen him play myself, or know people that regularly attend reserve matches and have an opinion on him. I just sit in my trailer all day drinking Bud, eating Big Macs and watching Jerry Springer.

I just sit in my trailer all day drinking Bud, eating Big Macs and watching Jerry Springer.

You're living the dream, mate! :D

the Coltness Cafu.

That is genius! A much better nickname than "Coach". Why was this not brought to our attention sooner? :thumbup:

:lol:

By the way... £750k for The Coltness Cafu? You cannot be serious?

If the money being mentioned is correct then it does look like we sold Clarkson on the cheap. Still, with this sort of money comingin you have to hope that some sort of budget for new players will be forthcoming. Lets hope that Gannon doesn't blow it all on duds from the lower leagues in England.

BBC reporting that he's on the verge of a £700,000 move. Great money but can't see how he can demand a higher fee than Clarkson? Not complaining, just curious like.

The BBC are obviously reporting the figure that includes the £650,000 that Quinn owes us back for his legal fees. In saying that, getting 50 grand for him is still a smashing bit of business.

£700k would be a great figure to get for Quinn. I like him as a player but it would be really good money for a right back. I also think from what I saw of Saunders last year in the reserves and 1st team that he is definately ready to step into the position.

It would be similar to when we sold Steven McmIllan and replaced him with Stevie Hammell. The only way young players will learn is by playing.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11704_5412904,00.html

The situation is we have agreed a fee with Motherwell and we expect the lad down to discuss personal terms in the next 24 hours," (peter) Ridsdale (Cardiff chairman)told the Daily Record.

Why has there been no official word on this ? If a fee has been agreed by the 2 clubs we deserve to know !

I've said it before, Quinn will be the biggest loss. We're losing our captain, the only guy who doesn't take defeat lying down and can play a bit to boot. Would last night have happened as it did, going down with a whimper? No would it fuck.

Amen, brother. I think I posted similar thoughts in the match thread last night...

Paul Quinn is shite. Pure and simple. He can do a job at full back and even then he can be a liability. If we had a similar player to Hammel at right back then we would be sorted but for goodness sake the lad is just not good enough. Take anything you can for him and get on with replacing him. He might be able to tackle but his distribution was dreadful. Oh and the lad Saunders is ok but it's early days. Clarky will be the far bigger loss to the team. As for the goalie, he was ok, good shot stopper but Fraser will do as good a job as any.

As much as I dont really rate Quinn as highly as others, he is better than Hammell, and there is no way that we should be looking for a similar player to Hammell!

We should be looking for someone like Quinn, but with a more level head, and closer to being the finished article than Quinn

I would disagree with that.

Clarky would be a big miss if we had strikers that were missing hundreds of chances, but the truth is our pish midfield far too often fails to give our strikers the opportunity to stick the ball in the back of the net.

People are moaning about John Sutton being pish. What else could he really have done the other night with the chances that he was given? We didn't have any urgency or any purpose.

For me Quinn was always someone, no matter how well he was playing himself, was someone that drove the team forward. A live wire that really did make the team tick.

We will miss him.

If the sale of Paul Quinn means the manager has all his transfer fee and a little extra to spend on stengthening the spine of our team, then reluctantly i'll accept his loss. For me, the need to score goals and have a greater attacking threat is more important than PQ's contribution and effect on the team.

Saunders has first team experience now and if he is going to develop at Motherwell, he needs to be given his chance. (Until we have better wide men I would like to see our fullbacks concentrate on keeping a solid defensive shape though. Both Hammell and Saunders seem more comfortable further up the park).

If he goes, I wish him luck.