Davie Clarkson's Mum

biggayal0

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully (from our perspective) he won't :D

Or are we now dependent on DC leaving to fund squad rebuilding? Has Gannon already been promised some cash from the deal? I don't think selling him was necessarily the right move, but have we now painted ourself into a corner where we can't afford to back out of the deal...?

Or are we now dependent on DC leaving to fund squad rebuilding? Has Gannon already been promised some cash from the deal? I don't think selling him was necessarily the right move, but have we now painted ourself into a corner where we can't afford to back out of the deal...?

as much as I hate to admit it I don't think the deal means anything towards a squad rebuild! Davids fee from what I gather wouldn't go towards the squad! I presume some of the money would be put towards wages but think we can forget about paying any form of transfer feefor anyone! Again purely my opinion on assumptions made over the last few weeks! X

With Setanta going pear shaped north and south of the border, I think there will be plenty of players available for no transfer fee.

You still haven't explained your very negative perspective on BCFC, Weeyin?

How is BCFC in decline? We spent 9 years in that graveyard of league 1, got promoted 2 years ago, were 90 minutes from the Prem in 07/08 and were disappointed with a solid finish of 10th last season, miles ahead of bigger clubs such as Norwich and Southampton who got relegated.

We have a chairman who has personally sold £28m of his own stake in his company which he has pledged towards the new stadium which is planned for 2012/3. We sold 13,500 season tickets last year and averaged 17k attendances despite being located in what is, as most of us will readily admit, a footballing backwater.

Gary Johnson is very highly regarded in the game, took Yeovil from the conference to League 1 in successive seasons, took us from League 1 also-rans to 4th in the Championship in less than 2 and a half years. He's England's 9th longest serving manager.

How's that in decline?

And how are a club like Baaa-diff seen as a better option when they are £29m in debt, have a new stadium which they can't afford and have a proven shifty nutcase as chairman who will probably take them under (if there is a god). And they hilariously bottled the playoffs last year and will have to sell to balance the books.

You still haven't explained your very negative perspective on BCFC, Weeyin?

How is BCFC in decline? We spent 9 years in that graveyard of league 1, got promoted 2 years ago, were 90 minutes from the Prem in 07/08 and were disappointed with a solid finish of 10th last season, miles ahead of bigger clubs such as Norwich and Southampton who got relegated.

We have a chairman who has personally sold £28m of his own stake in his company which he has pledged towards the new stadium which is planned for 2012/3. We sold 13,500 season tickets last year and averaged 17k attendances despite being located in what is, as most of us will readily admit, a footballing backwater.

Gary Johnson is very highly regarded in the game, took Yeovil from the conference to League 1 in successive seasons, took us from League 1 also-rans to 4th in the Championship in less than 2 and a half years. He's England's 9th longest serving manager.

How's that in decline?

And how are a club like Baaa-diff seen as a better option when they are £29m in debt, have a new stadium which they can't afford and have a proven shifty nutcase as chairman who will probably take them under (if there is a god). And they hilariously bottled the playoffs last year and will have to sell to balance the books.

Didn't realise there would be a quiz at the end or I would have studied last night instead of drinking.

I understand Bristol City will see their friends over the Severn Bridge as evil rivals. However, they currently have a better footballing team. Clarky, like McCormack before him is only looking for one or two years at a club before either proving himself worthy of a step up to a better team, or coming back home. He won't care about the long term stability of team.

As for Bristol City, as you say, they were 90 minutes from the Prem in 2007/08 and failed to make it. I know how difficult it is to get out of that league having followed it closely for many years. My guess is that they peaked that year, and are now headed for mid-table mediocrity for the next 2 or 3 seasons at least and the chairman will want to start seeing a return on his money (= selling players).

Mostly, though, I think they are on the decline because the were stuffed 6 -0 by a very poor Ipswich team last season.

As for Bristol City, as you say, they were 90 minutes from the Prem in 2007/08 and failed to make it. I know how difficult it is to get out of that league having followed it closely for many years. My guess is that they peaked that year, and are now headed for mid-table mediocrity for the next 2 or 3 seasons at least and the chairman will want to start seeing a return on his money (= selling players).

Mostly, though, I think they are on the decline because the were stuffed 6 -0 by a very poor Ipswich team last season.

The chairman is getting a return on his money mate and we aint a selling club.

Ashton Gate is being sold for 20m.

He has bought over 40 acres of land for the new stadium and 350 new houses, and raised 47m for it by selling shares in his company (not 28m as mentioned by another red earlier).

Thats over 60m he's raised for the stadium and players.

All money wrapped up in land and property which he will get back in spades.

There is no chance he will pull the plug on the club, none at all, it's in a very healthy state and so is his finances. He is Bristol born and bred and Bristol City through and through.

6-0 against Ipswich was the season before last not last season, when we got to Wembley for the playoff final so it didn't really affect us did it.

These results happen now and then - a bit like Rhyl eh ?

You may well be right about us being mid table, who knows in the championship where about 16 clubs are more than capable of promotion and every team is capable of beating any other. But one thing is crystal clear, BCFC is a very stable and well run club which is building itself up for the premiership and that will prove successful in the medium term. More so than the shit or bust style of Cardiff. That's why we're after hungry and hard working players like DC and not "names" who are only interested in money.

I'll leave you all in peace now, I think we've taken up enough space on your forum !

Best of luck in the SPL this season and I hope you do well in Europe.

Bloody hell. These Bristol and Stockport fans are making a solid account of themselves on here. Bringing some good chat and learning a few things to boot.

Sorry mods.....wee bit off topic there!

I know, what's that all about!!!

Stick around guys, we're enjoying the banter :wacko:

Didn't realise there would be a quiz at the end or I would have studied last night instead of drinking.

Sorry to do this, split the quote up lark... I'm just pretty peeved with you.

I don't really understand this remark. Is it common place for you to make blind sweeping judgements and not be asked for some reasoning? Or is it an attempt at humour to brush off the fact you're clueless about English football, and have nothing to base your arguments on?

I understand Bristol City will see their friends over the Severn Bridge as evil rivals. However, they currently have a better footballing team. Clarky, like McCormack before him is only looking for one or two years at a club before either proving himself worthy of a step up to a better team, or coming back home. He won't care about the long term stability of team.

It's not a case of seeing them as "evil", it's a case of knowing about the two clubs concerned. Their Footballing team aren't any better than us, two draws last season show we're evenly matched. As does the fact that they achieved as much as we did last season. Mid table. I also don't think we are a stepping stone club. If anyone here is a stepping stone club it is unfortunately Motherwell. Bristol City are a club with genuine premiership ambitions, and most English pundits seems to agree we are now a big club in our division.

We did fail to make it, and it hurts like hell to this day. But that ws our first shot at it. last season we stabilized our position in the league.

I've emphasised the word guess to show exactly what every post you've made about Bristol city has been. Guesswork.

You're even trying to claim things about our chairman. I think you should probably research some things before your next post, because as far as I can see, you have little knowledge of this subject (Bristol city and this transfer in general)

another thing. I don't really know what its like in scotland or at Motherwell, But we don't sell players we don't have to. Marvin Elliot is a prime example of this. so again. shhh :wacko:

So you're basing you're (ill informed) opinion of my club on a result that was two seasons ago, and one which we had a man sent off very early. Ipswich aren't exactly poor are they? they've got a very expensive squad, and at the time of that result were challenging for the playoffs...

sorry other 'Well fans :) I just don't agree with this fella!

and thanks for those compliments above, we do have a lot of good posters on our forums. I just even it up with my idiocy :O

sorry other 'Well fans :) I just don't agree with this fella!

and thanks for those compliments above, we do have a lot of good posters on our forums. I just even it up with my idiocy ;)

No worries bud , you'll find a lot of folks on here don't agree with him either :O:D

Thats it official - Clarky is off .

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=134

Good luck Clarky. thanks for all the great moments that you have given us in the C&A . I hope you absolutely destroy the Championship and I may even come down to Bristol and take a game in . Your my little nephews hero and he is absolutely devestated that you have moved on to pastures new.

As others have said I hope to see you and Faddy lining up in C&A in the future.

Thanks again and good luck.

Absolutely gutted. I still think it's suicide to sell Clarky. The only thing that would be even madder from our point of view is if none of the money received wasn't invested in new replacement players. To which Boyle makes no mention of in his statement.

Sad day but all the best to you, Clarkie, and thanks for the 100% effort and hard work you gave through good games and bad games. Your first start (against Partick?) at Fir Park is one I'll remember. You've been a great ambassador for the club and I hope you go on to hit further heights in your career. Cheers!