Jim Gannon

decorator

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are kidding me!!! Not that we got pumped more that this game ACTUALLY took place. I thought it was a joke in previous thread or I would have been along. Where are Rhyll in comparison to Llanelli?

I think Rhyll won their league and llanelli finished 2nd.

I think.

I'd be a bit concerned about a clause like that. I mean when an offer comes in who knows what the manager might be thinking, extension to his house, a second holiday, new car....

A set in stone wage and bonus structure seems the way to go.

Or it could be seen as an incentive to bring on young players, or any player for that matter. Understand your concern however.

I'd be a bit concerned about a clause like that. I mean when an offer comes in who knows what the manager might be thinking, extension to his house, a second holiday, new car....

A set in stone wage and bonus structure seems the way to go.

Or, as with the Anthony Pilkington example above, if it had been up to Jim it would have been turned down because there was still room for him to improve as a player & the offer was nowhere near his worth. SCFC will always be a selling club, it's just a matter of it being the right time to sell.

Any manager who'd weaken his team so that he could build an extension on his house has no professional pride.

Or not wanting to go any place near a tackle in case they get injured before the Europa tie.

Or that....which makes it purely a fitness exercise. Seems like a pretty wasted trip for the Rhyll lads right enough to come up for that.

Or not wanting to go any place near a tackle in case they get injured before the Europa tie.

we were just shite, no excuses. we were playing against a team who had came up from wales on a bus this morning and 4 of their starting 11 had done a night shift last night. everyone looked very rusty and we'll have to play much better on thrursday. it's a double blow as we'll have lost confidence and llanelli will clearly hear about this result and get a wee spring in their step.

the game finished 3-1. i went down the road to watch the lions but appatently ross forbes scored a 30 yard screamer and darren smith hit the bar and had a shot that their keeper made a great save from.

we were undone in the first 15 minutes by high balls through the middle. the rhyll manager said that llanelli are a stoke style team who chuck in long shy's at every oppoprtunity. also heard from the motherwell end that the team started today will start thrursday (although i'd rather see dazza, forbes and saunders playing)

we were just shite, no excuses. we were playing against a team who had came up from wales on a bus this morning and 4 of their starting 11 had done a night shift last night. everyone looked very rusty and we'll have to play much better on thrursday. it's a double blow as we'll have lost confidence and llanelli will clearly hear about this result and get a wee spring in their step.

the game finished 3-1. i went down the road to watch the lions but appatently ross forbes scored a 30 yard screamer and darren smith hit the bar and had a shot that their keeper made a great save from.

we were undone in the first 15 minutes by high balls through the middle. the rhyll manager said that llanelli are a stoke style team who chuck in long shy's at every oppoprtunity. also heard from the motherwell end that the team started today will start thrursday (although i'd rather see dazza, forbes and saunders playing)

The first two lines of your post make for very uncomfortable reading. However, how did the team line up?

The first two lines of your post make for very uncomfortable reading. However, how did the team line up?

fraser

page craigan reynolds hammell

mcgarry lasley fitzpatrick o'brien

murphy sutton

i don't want to be too negative about a friendly but we looked very rusty although apparently we improved as the game went. micheal fraser isn't the tallest keeper and to be honest i don't see him working out well. also fitzpatrick seems to have spent the last four months he's been out the side in the gym - he's a tank but he seems to have lost some mobility.

Cheers mate. Similar to what I thought except I had O'Brien and McGarry on different flanks. Wonder though if Craigan had them swapping about like McGhee did? Well if Fitzy has bulked up just forget about Klimpl right now. Get him in the holding role in front of a four man defence, a three man midfield including Las, O'Brien, and A.N. Other, and a good strike partner for Sutton and there yar!! Oh sorry.......forgot about the defence and another four back up players :(

Llanelli will really fancy their chances now!

The first thing I will say is that Jon Page isn't a right back, surely Saunders would be the obvious choice if Coach's move goes through?

Its only a bounce game and a lot of youngsters got a run out by the looks of things, but as it stands that is our whole squad!

Not sure we'll be able to play much better on Thursday, but we'd better or folk will be asking some serious questions about why we let two players leave when we only had thirteen first teamers left!!

weeyin a wee bit of hyperbole with "panic" there but you cannae say that makes good reading FIVE days before a game to a team that came second to Rhyll in their league. The Europa League is nothing more than a chance to make a wee bit of dosh.....and we won't do that if we don't see Albania at the least.

weeyin a wee bit of hyperbole with "panic" there but you cannae say that makes good reading FIVE days before a game to a team that came second to Rhyll in their league. The Europa League is nothing more than a chance to make a wee bit of dosh.....and we won't do that if we don't see Albania at the least.

Calm doon man !!! It was a kickaboot in the park. Thats what they games are for to get your mistakes oot the system. Am sure Crags and the rest of the coachin staff will have them in at training ironing those mistakes oot. Honestly sum fans need to get a grip and see these games for what they are meant to be about.

CALM DOON AND HAVE SUM FAITH!!!!! He who has no faith should support the old firm scum!!!

Calm doon man !!! It was a kickaboot in the park. Thats what they games are for to get your mistakes oot the system. Am sure Crags and the rest of the coachin staff will have them in at training ironing those mistakes oot. Honestly sum fans need to get a grip and see these games for what they are meant to be about.

CALM DOON AND HAVE SUM FAITH!!!!! He who has no faith should support the old firm scum!!!

I think most folk would agree with your thoughts on the friendly game, but we have no other options available for Thursday and the concern is justified in my view.

If we do go out to Llanelli it'll be solely down to taking over a fortnight to appoint a gaffer and letting two top players leave when we had a very threadbare squad as it was.

If we do go out to Llanelli it'll be solely down to taking over a fortnight to appoint a gaffer and letting two top players leave when we had a very threadbare squad as it was.
I don't see how we could have appointed somebody any quicker. It's an unfortunate set of circumstances, but as entertaining as a wee Euro trip is, as long as we get some semblance of a squad in place before the league kicks off, I'll be happy. If nothing else, the Europa is a bonus which may have helped attract the calibre of managerial applicants that we did. If that's all it turns out to be, then it was still worth it.

Playing competitive games so early in the season is the reason a majority of clubs had no interest in the Inter Toto.