nethertonwellfan

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustrated ? Yes

Angry ? Yes

Embarrassed ? Yes

Looking for someone to blame ? Perhaps, but they are no longer at the Club.

It's only half-time and we have a week to avoid what is perhaps our worst result in my living memory.

Keep the faith ...................... c'mon the Well ^_^

Fuck sake man, what pish. You weren't even at the game yet yer coming out with this stuff? No reason why we shouldn't win the second leg and, aye, i AM from fucking mars. 'Mon the 'Well!

Its not like me to miss a game but i tell u now on that performance we will be very lucky to go to the next round call me a doom monger all u want ^_^

I had a tounge in cheek shout of "Sack the board" if thats what yous are talking about.

Absolutely woeful performance, no urgency going forward from any players, except Slane. All Forbes was doing was passing it back to a centre half, get it up the park wee man!

Quality shout from the guy behind me "Sutton, you've mare chance of impregnating that ball than scoring with it". Highlight of my game tbh.

Its not like me to miss a game but i tell u now on that performance we will be very lucky to go to the next round call me a doom monger all u want ^_^

......or a wind up merchant!!!

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but your use of 'they' in previous posts suggests that you are the supporter of another club!

I tell u now on that performance we will be very lucky to go to the next round

But YOU WEREN"T THERE!! ARRRRGH!

It was ALWAYS going to be difficult going through to the next round due to 1) the stupid earliness of it and 2) being hamstrung by personnel issues (management AND players). Difficult, but not impossible.

Not overly concerned as yet, I'm pretty sure we will hump them away!

The thing I liked was the possession thing, not one hump up the park. It was clearly the instruction to pass to the man adjacent at all times! Although it was slow, and allowed the taffs a chance to regroup, it is setting the agenda. Once that is drummed in, I'm sure it will be at a far higher tempo, with through balls, etc.

Good to see Slane, thought he looked by far the best player on the park when he was introduced.

Although we lost tonight, we plugged away with the system, and had belief that it would work. It didn't tonight, but I think we can take a lot of positives from it? Maybe I'm being too positive, but it was the first game with a new manager, style and playerrs.

You are being too positive!!!!! There was nothing in the performance tonight to warrant any optimism of any kind from Motherwell. We were quite frankly awful and there are several recently joined, but very active posters, who are due our Welsh friends an apology and I hope they serve you up a huge helping of 'HUMBLE PIE'.

We have just been beated by team who will not change their shape next week and we couldn't break them down tonight. With the same players next week - it'll be more of the same, only alcohol assisted.

Well done Llanelli.

Looking for someone to blame ? Perhaps, but they are no longer at the Club.

Spot on.

Quite possibly the most embarrassing result in the clubs history. BUT.... the Motherwell team that took to the field tonight was not fit to represent us in any shape or form on a pitch and I will judge "Gannons Motherwell" at 5:50pm on August 15th.

As someone said earlier, the senior players really let themselves, and everyone else down tonight, and in fact could've played themselves out of Gannons plans altogether. I believe Gannon will now feel he needs more than 6 players now.

The most embarrassing result in the Clubs history. Llanelli play at no level at all, my bro plays for Finnart and I would be confident that they would take 6 off the Reds. The huge centre-mid, all 19odd stone of him strolled through that game, as did several more of their overweight stars, which is unacceptable from a "professional" club. Gannon must sit that squad down tomorrow and tell them in no uncertain terms that unless they win and win convincingly in Wales then they are for the chop. The absence of Quinn, Hughes and Clarky was frightening, no leaders, no creative spark, no class or guile, absolutley nothing, a team bereft of everything we need. Paul Slane however, take a bow son, one of the only players with pass marks. Young Saunders needs to improve his crossing, other than that he was our best defender. Will Llanelli swap their No.9 for John Sutton please? I don't think I can take another season of watching this big carthorse make Kaheld Kemas look mobile, as for winning headers, you could fit a fagpaper between him and the grass when he jumps.

Spot on.

I think not.

Maybe Jim Gannon is not to blame

BUT

If Jamie Murphy is the great white hope , Jim O'brien is half the quality some folk on here think he is and Keith Lasley is the player those who were up in arms at Falkirk think he is the players have to look at themselves for not being able to play their way through that side and in actual fact they looked unable to run past them. Number 4 included.

Good enough from the players ?

They have a chance to redeem themselves next week. Scoring goals would be a worry though

Not the managers fault at all but i shit you not, i watch Lanark United regularly and some of the youngsters wouldn't get a game for them. I know they have time to improve but aside from Murphy, McHugh and Slane i cant see any of the others making it and im not just basing it on tonights game iv seen them playing in the reserves and under 19's, we shouldn't have to make up half our squad from unproven youngsters. Also, where was Fitzy tonight? I wont judge Gannon yet as that defeat was more to do with his predecessors reign and the state he left us in than his management but he has a lot of work to do strengthening that side, i just dont see where the two goals (at least) that we require in Wales are going to come from.

I being the only well fan who seems to rate Paul Quinn will be sad to see him go. I am fully behind the youngsters but Saunders tonight was brutal dont agree with the best defender quip at all. Well done to Slane and to a degree Forbes who both done well.

The most embarrassing result in the Clubs history. Llanelli play at no level at all, my bro plays for Finnart and I would be confident that they would take 6 off the Reds. The huge centre-mid, all 19odd stone of him strolled through that game, as did several more of their overweight stars, which is unacceptable from a "professional" club. Gannon must sit that squad down tomorrow and tell them in no uncertain terms that unless they win and win convincingly in Wales then they are for the chop. The absence of Quinn, Hughes and Clarky was frightening, no leaders, no creative spark, no class or guile, absolutley nothing, a team bereft of everything we need. Paul Slane however, take a bow son, one of the only players with pass marks. Young Saunders needs to improve his crossing, other than that he was our best defender. Will Llanelli swap their No.9 for John Sutton please? I don't think I can take another season of watching this big carthorse make Kaheld Kemas look mobile, as for winning headers, you could fit a fagpaper between him and the grass when he jumps.

Well said mate, well said.

We had about 20 chances to put a good ball in the box and took about 2 of them, once they defended it well and once Sutton couldn't put himself round it. Saunders, O'Brien, Hammell, Lasley, Forbes and Slane all had chances and all weren't good enough - not close to it (Saunders was the worst of the lot).

They had two chances to cross it, once led to a goal and once they got a free header that went over.

We had all the ball, territory but no cutting edge. However they are pish with another week's training and sharpness I can see us winning 3-0 or more down by.

I to be honest would like to commend Gannon for tonight.

He has spotted the arseholes after only a couple days (Fitzpatrick and the later hooked O'Brien)

Well done!!!

Anyway we could wipe more wages....Hammell, Fraser, Sutton and Mcgarry are rotten at the best of time.....nothing new there.

Good to see the young guys getting the chance...but...although this may be controversial

IMHO...Murphy wont cut it....he needs to be putting at least a stone in weight on to cope wih the physical aspect...but something about his mindset seems off? I maybe wrong.

Slane..Mchugh...Forbes..Saunders........well done for standing out amongst that drivel!.

Embarrassing!!!!

Not long in for the game and have quickly scanned the thread. A few points...

It's very easy (and tempting) to blame the more experienced guys and say that the young players showed promise. But it's a sweeping generalisation that's simply inaccurate. Murphy and Saunders (ironically the two young players with most first team game time under their belt) were very poor this evening. Slane and Forbes did well. Slane at least ran at their defence and Forbes did a decent holding midfiield job. I thought until Slane appeared that O'Brien looked our best (only?) bet of creating anything. I also find it hard to criticise Sutton since it must be hard for any centre forward with no team mate within 30 yards of him. Could he have done better? Undoubtedly. Was he helped by those around him? Not that I could see. The goal we conceded was a basic set piece and you could pick any one (or two) from about four players to blame.

Frustrating thing is that for the first 15 minutes, it looked like it was just a matter of time before we got a goal and that a couple more would follow. We played the 4-2-3-1 that Stockport fans said that Gannon liked. If we were using tonight as a pre-season game to familiarise the players with the formation, I can see Gannon's point. But it is a competitive game with a financial reward for progress, so I do wonder at the wisdom of playing two holding midfielders and one up front against a team with no real urgency to attack. Hard enough to break a team down without only having one man in the box. Maybe we should have waited til we had the players for such a formation (or until he had had more time to work on it in training) before using it.

Not all doom and gloom, just questions to be answered...