Shooting From The Hip

one_luc_nijholt

I agree with the general thrust of your argument, star sail, and you make it very well. Such an embarrassing defeat isn't excusable, though to be fair, nobody seems to be saying as much. Rather, some are fatalistically saying the writing was on the wall due to last night's team in comparison to last season's. Motherwell should beat Llanelli every time, no question, some are just making the point that Llanelli caught 'Well at the perfect time i.e. during a time of huge transition. Gannon was right to speak to his mind and to demand better, and the guy's record shows he has to the ability to get that.

I think I am just letting out frustrations that have been building for some time about the professional game in Scotland.

I hope that it is the transition that is the problem and that after next Thursday I can laugh at my misplaced angst when we come out comfortably on top. I suppose I should wait untill then before being too critical.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While appreciating his honesty, I think there was a risk in Gannon's comments last night. A calculated risk perhaps. He must know deep down that he will have to, in the short term at least, use some of those players he was critical of last night. He must hope that they don't take the huff and the kick up the backside motivates them to prove him wrong, to make themselves undroppable. Time will tell if his gamble pays off...

What impressed me about Gannon lastnight was that he wasn't feart to take the 'big' players off when they were playing shite.

Lasley was as bad as I've seen him and O'Brian was pish, regardless of the number of times someone gave him the ball. And the bollocking he gave Saunders when it was actuially O'Briens overhit pass, was inexcuasable. Saunders didnt play well to be fair, but on that occasion, it wasn't the boys fault.

While appreciating his honesty, I think there was a risk in Gannon's comments last night. A calculated risk perhaps. He must know deep down that he will have to, in the short term at least, use some of those players he was critical of last night. He must hope that they don't take the huff and the kick up the backside motivates them to prove him wrong, to make themselves undroppable. Time will tell if his gamble pays off...
To be honest, I don't think there was a much of a gamble. Praise the youngsters to build their confidence and give the experienced players a bollocking to get a reaction (and let them know they are playing for the places now). Good stuff from the new boss.

To be honest, I don't think there was a much of a gamble. Praise the youngsters to build their confidence and give the experienced players a bollocking to get a reaction (and let them know they are playing for the places now). Good stuff from the new boss.

Think we need to get it into perspective, yes it was a **** performance , yes the senior players could have done more, but as i saw it the team tried to play a passing game from begining to end.

When was the last time you saw a Motherwell team not punt the ball forward when things got desperate and continued to try and play a passing game?

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come with the players we have and the players to come in.

With a bit more confidence and belief and hopefully a hard weeks training in front of them we will go through and get some needed money for the club.

I think this could be another up and down season for the Dossers but a fresh start and a changed team is long overdue IMHO, Up The Well.

The more I see/hear of Gannon, the more I believe Boyle has got it 100% correct. He has come with a fresh pair of eyes and stated it how it is. Most SPL teams/players are happy with mediocrity and the status quo.

What Gannon has done is laid down the gauntlet and challenged the players to show who has the bottle for the fight and to prove him wrong. He's setting the standards he expects from his players.

I'm sure the manager would equally praise the team if he saw what he liked. He appears to be a no bullshit, straight to the point guy.

When was the last time you saw a Motherwell team not punt the ball forward when things got desperate and continued to try and play a passing game?

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come with the players we have and the players to come in.

100% agree.

Think we need to get it into perspective, yes it was a **** performance , yes the senior players could have done more, but as i saw it the team tried to play a passing game from begining to end.

With a bit more confidence and belief and hopefully a hard weeks training in front of them we will go through and get some needed money for the club.

I think this could be another up and down season for the Dossers but a fresh start and a changed team is long overdue IMHO, Up The Well.

Now which is it? some say it was a shite performance but you give it four stars :lol:

BBC

Taxi for Craigan ??

Stuart.

Why? It sounds like Craigan can take it, and is responding exactly the way Gannon wanted. It's not a coincidence the boss singled out the most experienced player in the team. It's good management.

Why? It sounds like Craigan can take it, and is responding exactly the way Gannon wanted. It's not a coincidence the boss singled out the most experienced player in the team. It's good management.

Nor is it a co-incidence you disagree with what I have posted. Twice in one day - I must be doing something right :lol:

Stuart.

I hope it's just Gannon putting the attention on Craigan in order to protect the team.

He's the senior internationalist and can take it. After we win the replay I expect Gannon to praise him.

I just don't know why a lot of people are so confident about the away leg. I'm bricking it!!

I'm a wee bit scared that you're keeping track of who disagrees with you :lol:

Wasn't keeping track - got better things to do with my time! Just noticed that the only 2 posts I made yesterday were immediately followed by you disagreeing. :huh:

Anyway, for what it's worth I hope Craigan doesn't think he's going to go in to Gannon and take some sort of high ground. As much as I like Craigan, Gannon was correct in his assessment - when did you last see Craigan head the ball clear at a corner ??

Stuart.