Worst Motherwell Team And Manager

dazamfc

Exactly - Rab Shannon must be one of the more under-appreciated players we have had. VERY steady - but, of course, the boo-boys didnae like him so that was that.

Sorry if no one agrees with me but I think that he was terrible, maybe I just saw his bad days because if what I saw were good days :( and I am no boo boy

Sorry if no one agrees with me but I think that he was terrible, maybe I just saw his bad days because if what I saw were good days :ph34r: and I am no boo boy

Seems you really don't like him :thumbup: As for having him in the team ahead of Reynolds (a few posts up), Shannon was a right back FFS.....signed by TMcL in his last season as manager. Anyone who has followed the 'Well for more than 5 mins will remember that in the Hamsters last season, the team line up always started with Dykstra, Shannon, McKinnon, Krivokapic, McCart, Martin.........that was one of the most dependable defensive line ups in the bleedin' league (with good attacking potential up the flanks) and Shannon was part of that. Do you reckon the departure of Shannon and the introduction of Eddie May in that position improved matters ????

If you look back at 'Well teams (I started watching them in 73-74 ish but this will apply long before that), every generation of the team had a player that everyone disliked. When I started I think it was Pat Gardner but more recently (90's) most folk moaned like fuck about Ian Angus (and promptly forgot about hating him when he scored in the '91 Final) and everyone who sat around me moaned about Jamie Dolan (though I suspect few would now)probably in the same way folk now moan about Fitzy. The thing is, the manager must see something in these players. Angus and Dolan racked up a few games between them and Tommy Mc was pretty pleased to take Dolan off our hands to Dumpdee Utd. Some players have to do jobs that don't exactly cover them in glory for the good of the team. It amazes me that fans can't see that sometimes :P The '95 - '96 team the TMc created and McGingerBaws dismantled had a lot of good solid pros in and a couple of 'names' like Coyne but it was a formidable team. I spoke to McCart when he opened my shop and he told me that, that year, the team picked itself and they went out on to the park expecting to win. There were still players in that team that people moaned about :P

As for having him in the team ahead of Reynolds (a few posts up), Shannon was a right back FFS.....

Reynolds quote was in response to someone putting him in the worst category but defending Shannon. I saw Shannon play many times and I know he was a right back and I am sorry but I didn't rate him.

And he kicked me up the arse.

A few nominations for Willie Falconer I see. I'll always remember him for heading a winner against Rangers, then getting up off the ground with his face half covered in mud.

Correct me if wrong ,but i think Willie Falconer scored one of the best goals i've seen. It was at Hampden v the unwashed when parkhead was getting cleaned up .Anyone remember the score ?

Since the likely lad started watching regularly 98ish

management - malpas and hegarty

du bordueaux (apart from 1 game)

murphy (irish joker number 1)

vaughan (he would be captain)

townsley

mcbride (anyone remember his performance at e.r. around august 06?)

john davies

fagan

molloy (irish joker 2)

malcolm

offiong (seems to be doing ok now)

keegan (irish joker 3)

special mention for the duds davies signed around 01 dow cosgrove etc.

Na def Roddie. Remember the pace ,the skill, technique, ariel power , great free kick taker and wonderful finisher. Too many people forget the real Andy Roddie.

You must have saw the only good performance he ever put into a 'Well jersey IMHO. Over in Finland, he had a brilliant game set up the first goal and the Finns simply couldn't handle him that night. Sadly, that was about the entire sum of Roddie's good performances for us. And I saw every one of them....

i actually played against Roddie a few times when he was at Aberdeen in BP games etc and he was a great young player, he just didn't develop. he was so f*kin fast you would not believe, and a decent crosser and finisher!!

its funny how much fans slate players but dont realise that to get to play at that grade and become a professional you have to be talented. Remember it would have been Alex Ferguson who'd have signed him as a boy at Aberdeen.....he must have seen ability in him, and i'm guessing he'll know a tad more about the game than most of us!!

anyway.....Roddie WAS shite for us!!

You must have saw the only good performance he ever put into a 'Well jersey IMHO. Over in Finland, he had a brilliant game set up the first goal and the Finns simply couldn't handle him that night. Sadly, that was about the entire sum of Roddie's good performances for us. And I saw every one of them....
give him his due,he was the only player that came and thanked us on the plane home for going :P

I'd agree with that. Had a good chat with him on the plane back, he said that superb turn he made to get past the man on the wing and cross for the opener was learned from Coop. If only Andy had been as good a player as a talker!

• 14 years later...
On 7/7/2009 at 10:10 AM, Frazzie said:

Manager : Maurice Malpas

1. Francois Dubourdeau

2. Alan Sneddon

3. Franck Bernard

4. Mark Reynolds

5. Holm Kraska

6. John Davies

7. Joe McLeod

8. Brian McClair (2nd time - I didn't see him the 1st time round)

9. Richard Offiong

10. Khaled Kemas

11. Andy Roddie

As a Killie fan I have to congratulate you on putting Dubordeau in here.

He is comfortably the worst keeper I have ever seen for Killie and therefore a unique talent as the worst ever keeper at two SPFL Premiership sides

• 3 weeks later...

14 years... 14 years that laid buried and someone had to go and dig it up.. :)

Thinking we could add a few since then... I nominate Alexander as the manager. Probably should be Hammy but he got left with this guys crap to start with.