Worst Motherwell Team And Manager

dazamfc

Regardless of the players, the worst team is the one that finished 6th in the First Division (79/80 season). The lowest position I have witnessed in my time at Fir Park.

Still had a lot of fun going to all the games though.

In my life time worst manager Harri Kampman or maurice Malpas.

Worst goalie John Gardiner or Stevie Woods

Worst right back tough one Andy Dornan

Worst left back Ruby Murray

Worst centre halves Tony the tank Thomas and Karl Ready

Worst Midfielders Derek Townsley, John Davies, Kevin McBride, Brian Kerr

Worst strikers Stevie fat boy Cowan and John Reilly.

Regardless of the players, the worst team is the one that finished 6th in the First Division (79/80 season). The lowest position I have witnessed in my time at Fir Park.

Still had a lot of fun going to all the games though.

Stattistically it's hard to argue with that, but I reckon the team that took us there (Roger Hynd being the main culprit before Ally MacLeod took over the sinking ship) would qualify as MacLeod cleared the decks and brought in 'da yoof' who had some potential but needed time.

Stattistically it's hard to argue with that, but I reckon the team that took us there (Roger Hynd being the main culprit before Ally MacLeod took over the sinking ship) would qualify as MacLeod cleared the decks and brought in 'da yoof' who had some potential but needed time.
Aye, that's probably true, but I like my statistics :lol: Plus, I seem to have blanked out most of the Roger Hynd games for some reason.

Despite our 6th and 5th place finishes, under MacLeod, I really enjoyed that period of watching the 'Well. Made it to almost every away game and got enjoy the delights of Firs Park, Starks Park, Annfield, East End Park etc. I got my first season ticket that year too.

I have to go with McLeish as worst manager, he did okay at the start with wee Tommy's side but then decided to build his own rteam and almost relegated us, if he hadn't jumped ship to Hibs and relegated them I really think we'd have gone down.

1 Howard Sameroff

2 Willie Watson

3 Alan Sneddon

4 Karl Ready

5 Tony Thomas

6 Eddie May

7 John Davies

8 Andy Roddy

9 Stevie Cowan

10 John Hendry

11 John Reilly

Manager has to be Malpas (I'm of the age that before wee Tommy, all I knew were the players, the manager didn't matter).

John Gardiner

Alan Sneddon

Bob Maaskaant

Alex Jones

Jim Gardiner

Gordon (the night)Mair

John Davies

Tony Shepherd

Paul (Fu)Kinnaird

Richard Offiong

Paul Baker

Subs

Tony Vaughan

Paul Shepstone

Andy Roddie

John Hendry

Joe McLeod

It tells you how many rank rotten players we've seen over the years that John Hendry and Andy Roddie only make my bench...

I have to go with McLeish as worst manager, he did okay at the start with wee Tommy's side but then decided to build his own rteam and almost relegated us, if he hadn't jumped ship to Hibs and relegated them I really think we'd have gone down.

1 Howard Sameroff

2 Willie Watson

3 Alan Sneddon

4 Karl Ready

5 Tony Thomas

6 Eddie May

7 John Davies

8 Andy Roddy

9 Stevie Cowan

10 John Hendry

11 John Reilly

I can't beleive i'm gonnae say this but i think am gonnae defend McLeish :huh: He didnae really get Hibs relegated , they were already fooked when he went there. I think his last game managing us was a 6-2 victory over Hibs (ironic) that was some gem.

Burley was gash !!

Just goes to show, opinions and all that.

I thought Burley was a class act - particularly in his first spell at the club. Don't think I've ever heard anyone have a bad word for Burley before now.

Do not get me started on the likes of Kinnaird, Roddie, Baptie, McLeod, Fairlie and all the others that have left me mentally scarred!

Team;

Stevie Woods

Kevin Christie

Karl Ready

Gulli Jonsson

Franz Resch

Andy Roddie

Jan Michels

Joni Lethonan

Shaun McSkimming

Mario Dorner

Stephen Halliday

Managed by Maurice Malpas and assisted by Paul Hegarty and Donald Duck

Manager : Maurice Malpas

1. Francois Dubourdeau

2. Alan Sneddon

3. Franck Bernard

4. Mark Reynolds

5. Holm Kraska

6. John Davies

7. Joe McLeod

8. Brian McClair (2nd time - I didn't see him the 1st time round)

9. Richard Offiong

10. Khaled Kemas

11. Andy Roddie

I didn't think Roger Hynd was THAT bad TBH.

He took over a team that was in the relegation zone and ended up just missing out on Europe. The following season we had a terrible start and RH was quickly sacked when we were still in with a chance of surviving to be replaced with Ally who quickly decided that the whole squad wasn't good enough and played virtually the youth team for the rest of the season. We then took 3 long seasons to win promotion again. Sure Ally was a likeable guy but I think his best days were behind him in 1979. RH was never heard of again!

I think Jock Wallace was our worst manager BTW.

:cheers:

Roger Hynd convinced our average squad that theywere world beaters, and theywere believing it until those h*n bastards came onto the park at two nil to nus withtwenty minutes played. Our bottle went and we lost five three. Queens Park put us out of the cup the following midweek.

Never forgave those bastards for that-scum then and scum now.

Kampma'ns team was probably the worst I've seen- not all his fault though-McLeish left a hell of a mess.

I know its all about opinioms but some people have short memories Stevie Cowans goals against Dumfermline saved us from relegation, and Willie Falconer also saved us from the drop. Mark Reynolds is the only player of real Quality we have in our squad at the moment.