Back The Boys....

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player being tall doesn't mean he's any good for fuck sake!!!! Ross McCormack was/is short than Derek Townsley/Paul Keegan/etc therefore cannae be as good eh?!?!
If you don't know what I meant,let me write it out a wee bit slower so you can keep up.

For the last 2 years, everybody on this board has been moaning that we don't have any tall defenders. When McGhee went into the market for one, he ended up with Klimpl (who was not tall, and played better in midfield).

Gannon has brought in a 6'4" defender on trial. When I said "that's promising", I didn't mean it's promising because being tall makes you a good player. I meant:

IT"S PROMISING BECAUSE GANNON IS ACTIVELY LOOKING TO ADDRESS A DEFICIENCY THAT HAS BEEN IN THE TEAM FOR A LONG TIME.

There. Happy now?

Now away and find something else to moan about.

Your patter's pish Weeyin. I don't get into arguements here about small hings like that and I'm not starting now. I understood what you meant. You've just proved yourself once and for all to be a cock though.
I guess you were just too subtle when you said "A player being tall doesn't mean he's any good for fuck sake!!!!"

Now pop this back in yir pram and calm doon.

babytip-rattle.jpg

I'm on Weeyin's side here, and I agree, if we are crying out for a tall defender to win headers at cross balls etc, then it's promising that we've got a 6"4 defender on trial.

Edit - oops, didn't realise that this was from yesterday and most people had probably forgotten about it.

Less than excited at his being released by a league 1 side mind.

He was offered a new short-term contract at Swindon but obviously rejected - The Big Man

With regards League 1's standard, Stephen Hughes signed for a League 1 side today and he was a 1st team fixture for the last two seasons. Don't think we should be dissing the standard of the lower leagues down south.

I suppose anything approaching a standard league gate would be very good for a game in Airdrie against unknown opposition.

and during the Glasgow Fair, a time, when although not as prevalent as years past, is at the peak of the surrounding areas holiday season.

bought 6 tickets today, seemed to be still selling reasonably well, and it was said that around 3000 had been sold

With regards League 1's standard, Stephen Hughes signed for a League 1 side today and he was a 1st team fixture for the last two seasons. Don't think we should be dissing the standard of the lower leagues down south.

Aye, that league is a very high standard indeed. Not far off the standard of England's top league before the Premiership. Is Hughesy capable of playing at that level?

If we can get near the 4000 mark that will be good for holiday time, just need to make plenty of noise when we get there!

I agree - I never quite understand why we make 2-3 times as much noise away from home with half the crowd.

In Llanelli with 1800 fans it was a non-stop sing song. Imagine if we could replicate that tomorrow night with 3500+.

The early goal v Llanelli made a difference I am sure and we all pretty much knew we were going to win on the night.

Tomorrow night will not be so easy - but let's make some noise :D

I agree - I never quite understand why we make 2-3 times as much noise away from home with half the crowd.

In Llanelli with 1800 fans it was a non-stop sing song. Imagine if we could replicate that tomorrow night with 3500+.

I think loads of drink had something to do with that

Surely we had more than 1800 there closer to 2500 I would have said

Easy question on tickets..where at Fir Park is the ticket office these days ? None of my local mates are going the game and I don't fancy the big slow queue at Airdre

cheers

In the wee office block at the corner of the Cooper Stand and the Phil O'Donnel

(Main) Stand stevie. Canny Miss it - "Ticket Office" above the door gives the game away :O

hey gus,

got my tickets yesterday, but iv been put in the east, instead of the main. Any idea if the east is going to be pretty full as im tempted to go back down and asked to get moved into the main to get a better atmosphere if the easts going to be empty...