Exclusive: Player #3

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's as straightforward as that here. The web site says it was his agent that accepted via email. Unless he has a really bad agent, I imagine there would be a paragraph of weasel words about 'subject to...' and 'pending....' etc. And then it would also have to be proved that the agent had been given the authority to accept an agreement on the player's behalf.

It sounds like the best Northampton are hoping for is some financial compensation, and they are likely on shakey ground there.

I agree but i was responding to someone who mentioned verbal agreement and from my experience studying Scottish Business Law a verbal agreement is binding but there is a chance England is different.

You have to love the Irony of this. The official site don't want to release transfers until done and dusted with no comebacks. This was managed before the press got hold of it and released. Now it would appear that there MAY be the chance of comebacks, which is completely not of motherwell's making. Just so ironic that a welcome thread now being dominated with legal stuff.

You got to love being a well fan, always a roller coaster and even when you think its going smooth there comes another loop d loop :woop:

And ps welcome big coke

There are exceptions to the general rule that contracts may be verbal, for instance in respect to employment contracts, tenacy agreements and contracts for consumer credit. In some instances where writing is required, a note or memorandum will be required. In the absence of such evidence of the contract, the agreement may be void, unenforceable, or unenforceable by only one party, or on the order of a court.

from here

Dont think anything could be done to Motherwell as they would just say they were given the impression he was out of contract.

If it turned out we had to play compo., we could just cancel the transfer as it was an "unfair contract" on the player/agents part (ie withholding information etc).

????

:woop:

Let's hope he turns out to be the real thing...... :whistling:

I never thought I'd be saying 'Welcome to Motherwell GILES!!!' but there ye go!

Good luck to him.

Got this from a Mansfield fan on another forum I kick about on.

Giles Coke.....where do I begin....

He will infuriate you. He has talent, and is a bit of a poor mans Glenn Hoddle, if you know what I mean. We brought him in from non league, and he always thought that he was a bit too good to put a shift in. I think that he'll occasionally do well, put I wouldn't have him down as an SPL player. I think that it might be a bit "rough and tumble" for him. I take it you got him from Northampton?

Just one guy's opinion mind.