Exclusive: Player #3

Guest 'Flow

For me, it'll be interesting to see how Jennings and Coke compare to what we have. Gannon is making all the right noises about atheticism and presence, however it's how the players cut it on the park thats the true test. Lasley IMHO is still a big asset to the side, as others have said a good combination of abilities if not outstanding in any one aspect but, hey, if he was he wouldn't be here. He kept Boab out owing to his pace and dig being better, and any time he was alongside Shug looked no' bad, although particularly this season he carried the centre a lot when Shug went missing, probably down to a combination of factors (poor surface, waning interest etc.).

Potentially a 4-2-3-1 with say Lasley and Jennings holding, Coke, O'Brien and the Hump as an attacking three behind Sutton looks intriguing. But as I said, the true test is on the park. Interesting times indeed.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Northampton fan in peace. I have nothing against Motherwell but the guy you have just signed can only do damage to your club.

Giles is a complete waste of space and I'm glad to see the back of him. When Gannon says things like "Northampton were a poor side and got relegated last season, but Giles played well", or words to that effect, he could not be further from the truth. Giles personified the reasons for our relegation last season with his laziness and poor attitude. He most definitely has the raw ability but unfortunately he lacks the application and attitude to reach his potential.

He was also apparently unpopular with his team-mates here. Last season there was a definite rift in the dressing room and Giles was rumoured to have instigated that at the time. Expect him to cause disruption in your dressing room next season.

The way he has treated our club in recent weeks is what infuriates me the most though. When we first signed him he was still not recovered from a serious injury and looking like dropping into non-league football. We helped him rebuild his career. But he repaid us with awful, lazy performances and treated our club with total contempt this summer. He agreed to sign a new contract, but simultaneously was looking to earn a contract elsewhere. He took the club for a ride, taking advantage of pre-season training and friendlies and then deserting ou of the blue to go and join you. I think I speak for all Cobblers fans when I say I'm not disappointed that he's left us, I'm just disappointed with the manner he's left us. Good riddance to him.

I wish Motherwell all the best for this coming season (I've even seen you guys play away at Hibs once when I was doing a weekender in Edinburgh) and I'd love to see you get into Europe again. I can't extend any of that to Coke though, I hope he ends up rotting in the reserves on the transfer list. Gannon doesn't know what he's let himself in for.

Maybe the lad needs a change of scene. He's only on a one year deal here so if he is as big a rascal as you are making out he'll be away next summer. Gannon sounds like the type of manager to bring the best out of him. Good luck next season.

Have to agree with the original post on here.

Lazy, bone idle, waste of space. If things are going well he's ok. If not then he doesn't get stuck in, shows no desire to get involved and shuns responsibility.

I was surprised he was offered a new contract and delighted to hear he had left. I don't care about the circumstances I'm just glad that he's gone.

Hi, Northampton fan in peace. I have nothing against Motherwell but the guy you have just signed can only do damage to your club.

Giles is a complete waste of space and I'm glad to see the back of him. When Gannon says things like "Northampton were a poor side and got relegated last season, but Giles played well", or words to that effect, he could not be further from the truth. Giles personified the reasons for our relegation last season with his laziness and poor attitude. He most definitely has the raw ability but unfortunately he lacks the application and attitude to reach his potential.

He was also apparently unpopular with his team-mates here. Last season there was a definite rift in the dressing room and Giles was rumoured to have instigated that at the time. Expect him to cause disruption in your dressing room next season.

The way he has treated our club in recent weeks is what infuriates me the most though. When we first signed him he was still not recovered from a serious injury and looking like dropping into non-league football. We helped him rebuild his career. But he repaid us with awful, lazy performances and treated our club with total contempt this summer. He agreed to sign a new contract, but simultaneously was looking to earn a contract elsewhere. He took the club for a ride, taking advantage of pre-season training and friendlies and then deserting ou of the blue to go and join you. I think I speak for all Cobblers fans when I say I'm not disappointed that he's left us, I'm just disappointed with the manner he's left us. Good riddance to him.

I wish Motherwell all the best for this coming season (I've even seen you guys play away at Hibs once when I was doing a weekender in Edinburgh) and I'd love to see you get into Europe again. I can't extend any of that to Coke though, I hope he ends up rotting in the reserves on the transfer list. Gannon doesn't know what he's let himself in for.

Have to agree with the original post on here.

Lazy, bone idle, waste of space. If things are going well he's ok. If not then he doesn't get stuck in, shows no desire to get involved and shuns responsibility.

I was surprised he was offered a new contract and delighted to hear he had left. I don't care about the circumstances I'm just glad that he's gone.

CLICK

It's weird the amount of Northampton fans that say this boy is pish - yet are throwing a hissy fit about him leaving. You'd think they'd be on here gloating about us getting him...

There's no guarantee that it sour grapes on their part either. A number of our fans would post something similar if one of the usual boo-boys targets treated our club the same way it appears Coke or his agent have treated theirs.

In saying that I take the original comments with a pinch of salt as I do when I see Stockport fans praise Gannon. Lets reserve judgement until we see the player in action afore casting any opinions aside.

There's no guarantee that it sour grapes on their part either. A number of our fans would post something similar if one of the usual boo-boys targets treated our club the same way it appears Coke or his agent have treated theirs.

In saying that I take the original comments with a pinch of salt as I do when I see Stockport fans praise Gannon. Lets reserve judgement until we see the player in action afore casting any opinions aside.

<_<

... he probably can.

Whether he'll be bothered to is another story.

Don't think Gannon will tolerate him if he doesn't. We'll just have to wait and see what player turns up, if he doesn't seem bothered he'll be out the door after a year but if he knuckles down and plays the way JG wants him to play he'll be rewarded with an extension. It's up to him I suppose.