McGhee The Waster

garymfc

gannon in job 4 weeks,says needs more players goes out and gets them.sees a crop of youngsters and plays them.mcghee i will use my contacts in england and germany to get players in.bad run in december,mcghee"we have a small squad and cant compete when we are hit with injuries"so what was mcghee and "mr motherwell leitch",who was supposed to be in charge of the reserves,looking at and not seeing what gannon has seen in 4 weeks.leads me more to thinking that that tosser mcghee knowing he was going,decided he would do his best to waste our season.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon didn't have much choice in playing the youngsters or in having to buy new players.

I agree, however, that he has done a better job then McGhee in doing both. Time will tell if he has assembled a squad capable of competing in the SPL, but it has started to look promising.

I'm glad McGhee didn't make any major investments in playing staff once he knew he was moving on as that has given the new boss a chance to build things exactly the way he wants to.

People at the club should have held Magoo accountable for not doing his job properly when he was here last year. He increased his wage and done precious little in the management stakes to deserve that increase. He should have being what was best for Motherwell by getting contracts sorted out, even although he knew he was moving on, that was his job.

Good riddance to him, every cloud and all that!!

McGhee's enthusiasm for the job in his first pre season and the job he done in year 1 will never be forgotten. However in year 2 he took his job and this club for granted...and also for a ride. Looking at his record...we should have known!

McGhee's enthusiasm for the job in his first pre season and the job he done in year 1 will never be forgotten. However in year 2 he took his job and this club for granted...and also for a ride. Looking at his record...we should have known!

Must agree mate the first years football was some of the best ive seen.

Spot on.

I mind when me, DosserJoe, MelvinBragg and one or two others were getting pelters on here for having the cheek to say anything against Messiah McGhee!

Now it's the fashionable thing to hate him!

He's a c**t. He was a c**t whilst the Motherwell manager, and now he's c**t whilst not the Motherwell manager.

I think a lot of us liked what he did for the team, but didn't like what he did in the way of touting himself around for work.

It's like supporting the troops, but being against the war.

There were people who wouldn't give him credit for anything he did, and that is when pelters were dished out (at least by me).

We've just had a result that will see smiles etched on our faces until at least next Thursday. We're enjoying seeing the new manager begin to turn the club around using his methods and bringing in new players to kick-start his revolution.

Loads and loads of positives.

So I don't really see what's to be gained looking back in bitterness to be honest about McGhee.

Tasty though it will be when we face his teams and there will added spice seeing how Gannon's team fares against Aberdeen over the course of the season but we've plenty to be going on with ourselves without wasting time on McGhee.

We had our moments last season: getting up to third at one stage, the unbeaten run between December and March, the win at Tannadice etc. so while it was a letdown compared to the previous year, it wasn't all doom and gloom.

It's always difficult, though, for a manager to retain his credibility among supporters when he has been close to accepting other jobs. There came a point in the last few weeks of the season, when it was clear we were well clear of relegation and that we were unlikely to trouble the top six when I really wanted the season to end and the manager issue to be resolved as it seemed clear by that point that McGhee was highly unlikely to stay on.

It's quite an accusation to suggest McGhee deliberately wasted our chances but, as Stu92 says, if he knew he had no intention of staying then what motivation would he have to engage with out-of-contract players or to make any serious long-term plans?

I still think that, on the whole, he is a decent manager, but there has been a pattern throughout his career of starting well, fading then leaving, kind of like a manager version of Jim Hamilton.

So I don't really see what's to be gained looking back in bitterness to be honest about McGhee.

I agree with that.

I hated him while he was here though, so I'm not doing anything differently... :blush:

But on the subject above, the singing of "Are you watching Mark McGhee?" is cringe-worthy.

Quite right, time to move on and get behind JG.

That said, I, like countless Brighton, Wolves, Reading, Milwall fans (that I know) look forward to seeing McGhee build a team of his own, full of players that he has signed, that are obviously better than what he has already at Aberdeen......

And, having said that, we should no be too hasty to forget the man he was in the aftermath of Uncle Phil - like him or loathe him, he deserves untold credit for holding the club together in difficult times!

Personality aside, I believe McGhee was good for us, but that we were just as good for him!

McGhee is a whore meister!

Agree season 1, Woooo! lovely, season 2 he couldny gie fuck and whn Strachen got pelters he was desperte for the celic job, min wen we took the lead at the Ark, he was pissesd.

Celic saw right through him, and i hope he religates the Dons.

W4nker,

I think first game vs the Dons w sign "Mark McGhees a W4nker" or the full 90 then the snaggletooth can feck off back tae shaggin sheep n goats n that.

RANT OVER

Just wait till we go through a bad patch the positive comments about gannon will soon end! Don't get me wrong I'm loving the last result but I feel they were a poor side so

I'm not getting carried away! Lets all come back here next may when we are actually in a position to draw comparisons between the new manager and the old one!

In the meantime I'm fully behind mr gannon and i'm loving the influx of youth players! Just hope they develop as we hope and that we are in a position to keep hold of them for as long as possible!

I hated him while he was here though, so I'm not doing anything differently... ;)

But on the subject above, the singing of "Are you watching Mark McGhee?" is cringe-worthy.

Aye Scott Leith was pissin himsef laughing, he actually called McGhee. LOL

If Dons beat us at the Ark we'll be the ones blushing

Just wait till we go through a bad patch the positive comments about gannon will soon end! Don't get me wrong I'm loving the last result but I feel they were a poor side so

I'm not getting carried away! Lets all come back here next may when we are actually in a position to draw comparisons between the new manager and the old one!

In the meantime I'm fully behind mr gannon and i'm loving the influx of youth players! Just hope they develop as we hope and that we are in a position to keep hold of them for as long as possible!

Good or bad

Greet or smile

Ask big Pie

It's aw worthwhile !

AM a poet and am fuckin' brilliant :D

Some people have very short memories. We finished 3rd in season 2007-2008 having played some of the best football of a Motherwell side in some time (better at times than last night).

More importantly than that McGhee handled the Uncle Phil situation very well and I think that is something no Well fan should forget.

Yes the second season was not as good and yes he was out for number one but there is a lot of people in Football like that (only time will tell if JG is any different). It could be argued that last night would not have happened if McGhee had not managed the players well enough to obtain the Fair Play Euro Place.

McGhee's last few months were far from perfect and he obviously thought he was off to Celtic but that is not the full picture.

Think we need to wait untill the end of season 09-10 before we start singing 'Are you watching Mark McGhee'

I'm no into this McGhee bashing shite. the guy did brilliant for us. Finishing third, our euro adventure and also the handling of Phils death. he may have had a anti climax of a final season, but I wish him no ill feelings at all.

to be fair though his behavior around the Hearts, Scotland, Aberdeen and Celtic jobs was pretty shite, but that's that nature of the game. If Gannon has an amazing season for us and some EPL teams starts sniffing about then he might do a McGhee.

We are very fickle us football fans.