• Giles Coke
    • John Sutton
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Paul Slane
    • Bob McHugh
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Steve Jennings
    • Null Vote

I wetting to know everyone for Coke cos of his composure and distribution. Early days and he's still getting to know everyone - but he looks class.

However there were many fine displays from Forbes, Reynolds, Sutton, Hutchison, Slane and even Jimbo at RB.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo ,all your players did an outstanding job last night. All did their best, no buts about it, and for me Forbes won this at a photo-finish due to that brilliant strike. I saw so much of him last night that i'm sure i will never forget his face. He's got talent and his whole career ahead.

Is he for sale,btw? :D

Terrific performance from all the lads; Hammell,Hutchinson,Reynolds,Forbes, Sutton, all get honourable mentions. But for me it had to be Giles Coke. Solid and silky, can't wait to see him let loose in the Esspeehell.

Couple of points, how long before we see a central defence of Huthinson and Reynolds????

Also, a bit concerned about Humphreys, guy has obvious skill but seems a tad slow for a winger.

Terrific performance from all the lads; Hammell,Hutchinson,Reynolds,Forbes, Sutton, all get honourable mentions. But for me it had to be Giles Coke. Solid and silky, can't wait to see him let loose in the Esspeehell.

Couple of points, how long before we see a central defence of Huthinson and Reynolds????

Also, a bit concerned about Humphreys, guy has obvious skill but seems a tad slow for a winger.

Are you thinking of the right guy? He hasnt convinced me that he is good enough for the SPL, but he is like shit off a stick.

Yeah I'm sure. Watched him from the front row of the East stand against Flamurtari, so got to see him close up, seemed to lag behind play a bit. same again last night. Maybe he's got a problem with concentration or just not as "sharp" as he maybe should be.

hardly a failure in the team, although we really need a right back to come in quickly. Hammell, Hutchison, Coke, Reynolds, Forbes, Sutton and Slane all had great games.

'Grammy' got the m.o.t.m. from me though, composed on the ball, rarely mis-placed a pace and is more physically imposing than Hughes ever was.

Didnt deserve to lose 3-1. Roll on a week on Saturday because if the boys can be up for it the way they were tonight then we could be looking at a great start to the league season.

Jim Gannon's Motherwell Army!!

Can only echo the sentiments above... "Grammy" Only in Motherwell :):lol::wub:

Forbes for me.

was gona pick the steaua chik with the mickey mouse gloves on. she amused me when i couldn't see feck all for the steaua subs warming up. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Seriously though, could have picked anyone of the team. Can't believe the change in the side since the first game with that welsh mob. we are a million miles away from that.

'Well excited about this season, i really can feel a wee european adventure comming up again next season. I know i know, the season aint even started but if we can play like last night for the rest of the season. . . . . . . . .

Mon the 'Well

Had to go for Sutton as while failing to get on the scoresheet he got right on the defenders tits and frustrated them to no end.

His link up play with Murphy was also solid and the pair had international defenders lookin like juniors for long periods of time.

Everyone had a great game though, we may have lost three but when two of those are a penalty and a 30 yard screamer the performance bodes well for the SPL standard.

At the end of June i was thinking we would be in a relegation dogfight but after seeing the fighting performances of the team, a top 6 finish is a real possibility.

Also a quick mention for Reynolds who looked very assured going forward from the midfield.

Possibly the closest MotM poll ever on here.

As I type Sutton, Forbes and Coke each have 41 votes.

Strange to see opinion so divided when it comes to the MotM on here. Normally a clear favourite, and everyone fighting for 2nd..

Problably the hardest MOTM I've ever had to pick.

For me suttons first touch and lack of pace/skill let him down.

Forbes faded out of the game after their 2nd goal.

Coke got it for me, he can find a pass and his tackling is not bad either.

Close run thing- as the results are definitely showing- between Coke and Sutton for me, Sutton won just about everything in the air and if he can play like that this season, will be brilliant but Coke shaded it for me with his non stop effort in midfield, strong in the tackle and an eye for a pass. A good partnership between him and Forbes could be founded.

Just hope he signs an extension to his one year deal then!

Ooops apologies I thought he had signed the 3 year deal and not Humphrey. :doh:

Rephrase that then I look forward to seeing more of him over the next season and I hope we can tie him up for a few more years :nod:

Agree with most of what's already been said - big Sutton looks like he's enjoying his footie life again, Reynolds & Coke superb in the middle, Hammell assured, Hutchison playing with confidence, Murphy et al etc etc. :doh:

But went for Forbes on the night - for such a relatively young guy to put in that kind of performance against seasoned Euro campaigners was tremendous - the guy will have lows as well as these highs, but with the guidance of the right people (step forward Mr Gannon), this guy could be heading for big things :nod:

MON RA DOSSERS

Big Coke for me too, really impressed with him. Thought he was superb looked calm on the ball and wasnt afraid to put himself about, so far so good for him :thumbup:

Mention for Sutty & Reynolds too. Though that was Sutty's best game for 'Well, won the majority of balls in the air and held the ball up very well! Reynolds played extremley well considering it was a new role for him but thought he was excellent, possible future role for him.

Onwards & Upwards, Mon ra 'Well!