The Green Green Grass Of Home

delboy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
It looks good but the real test will be when the first slide tackle goes. Will it start cutting up badly or will it play like a normal pitch ? Let's hope it's the latter.

Unfortunately it was the former. The pitch was an absolute disgrace and in my opinion went against us yesterday. Our players had no confidence in running with the ball on it.

Compared to St Mirrens pitch, which came under a bit of criticism lately and now looks fantastic, ours is a joke.

I couldn't believe the amount of sand which is now in it, that'll need to be completely ripped up again in May I'd imagine and a new pitch from seed all over again.

Whats with the big burnt perfect circle on the edge of the Cooper-end 6-yard box??

Al, it's called carelesness :lol:

For me, the pitch played worse than it had previously. Clear for all to see, pitch has had some recovery time recently and shown little signs of regrowth and again poorly maintained. Why?

For me, the pitch played worse than it had previously. Clear for all to see, pitch has had some recovery time recently and shown little signs of regrowth and again poorly maintained. Why?

Pitch will not improve much until growing season begins in earnest maybe next month. Best course of action is to resed most of it as soon as possible after last game. There is no short term solution. Growing medium should be ok - just reseed.

I couldn't believe the amount of sand which is now in it, that'll need to be completely ripped up again in May I'd imagine and a new pitch from seed all over again.

Meaning if we get into Europe gain it could be back to Airdrie in the summer.

Pitch will not improve much until growing season begins in earnest maybe next month. Best course of action is to resed most of it as soon as possible after last game. There is no short term solution. Growing medium should be ok - just reseed.

Would that be the sandy looking stuff that gets stomped down with size 11 rigger boots.

Maybe that's what's wrong, the grassy side is upside down