Passion

supersub91

Not much of a poster so bear with me.

I have been a Well fan for about 25 years, in the days of Coyne, Cooper, Uncle Phil, Oweny Coyle, Rab Shannon :) , I wouldnt miss a game home or away.

Even in the days of Spencer, Ged Brannan and Don Goodman I loved going to games.

Things just changed had some good times like Skippy Sunday, CIS cup Final and Nancy but didnt feel the same passion, didnt feel the players had a good relationship with fans.

In McGhee's era there was some good Football but no real passion, as said Nancy trip was great but performance was crap. I do think he conducted himself great over the whole Phil O'Donnell situation.

In the short time Jim Gannon has been at our club I have re discovered my PASSION, now find myself counting down the days to our next game, even found myself taking the dog for a walk to see the team train.

So overall well done to John Boyle for making a great appointment, and Jim keep up the great work.

Not much of a poster so bear with me.

I have been a Well fan for about 25 years, in the days of Coyne, Cooper, Uncle Phil, Oweny Coyle, Rab Shannon ^_^ , I wouldnt miss a game home or away.

Even in the days of Spencer, Ged Brannan and Don Goodman I loved going to games.

Things just changed had some good times like Skippy Sunday, CIS cup Final and Nancy but didnt feel the same passion, didnt feel the players had a good relationship with fans.

In McGhee's era there was some good Football but no real passion, as said Nancy trip was great but performance was crap. I do think he conducted himself great over the whole Phil O'Donnell situation.

In the short time Jim Gannon has been at our club I have re discovered my PASSION, now find myself counting down the days to our next game, even found myself taking the dog for a walk to see the team train.

So overall well done to John Boyle for making a great appointment, and Jim keep up the great work.

Well said Supersub. Spot on.

I go back even further and can only recall being as excited about upcoming games when it used to be Willie P and Bobby G running the OF ragged.

The Cup winning season was also great but this is a different kind of excitement. Guess it's just good knowing we may have a crack at building a team well worth paying good money to watch. Early days I know, but how good does it feel to be a Motherwell fan just now.

Thanks JG and all your backroom team.

Well said Supersub. Spot on.

I go back even further and can only recall being as excited about upcoming games when it used to be Willie P and Bobby G running the OF ragged.

The Cup winning season was also great but this is a different kind of excitement. Guess it's just good knowing we may have a crack at building a team well worth paying good money to watch. Early days I know, but how good does it feel to be a Motherwell fan just now.

Thanks JG and all your backroom team.

Ditto .................... ^_^

glad Jimbo is doing the business for you guys . . . we said he was quality and now he's proving it . . . i know there's plenty of time left in the season etc but the foundations seem to be laid quite nicely! lol . . . good luck for the rest of the season guys, you have many in Stockport following your progress . . . keep up the good work Jimbo!

yep agree with all of yous, just need to get our attendence up a bit, heard alot of folk that watched the rangers game on tv commenting on all the empty seats in the cooper and the empty seats in the first few sections in the east. Lets fill these seats and have a great season :whistling:

In Gannon We Trust! :O

Middle of the park was key for me on Saturday. They all wanted the ball, they all knew what to do with it, and they bossed allegedly far superior players comfortably. Great to see want and desire back in the team, a double-act which has been missing for way too long.

glad Jimbo is doing the business for you guys . . . we said he was quality and now he's proving it . . . i know there's plenty of time left in the season etc but the foundations seem to be laid quite nicely! lol . . . good luck for the rest of the season guys, you have many in Stockport following your progress . . . keep up the good work Jimbo!

Cheers for the good words. Have just read the blog on the BBC website regarding the young Stockport striker who's lost his brother to leukaemia and and all that the club have done/are doing for the charities associated with the disease.

BBC Article

Hats off to Stockport. It sets an example of how a club can conduct itself in these circumstances. Certainly won this Well fan's admiration...

yep sad times for the Baker family, his younger brother is also ill with the disease . . . he even played on saturday at yeovil, of course no one would have moaned one bit if he'd wanted to miss it and be with his family . . . great guy and our best wishes are with him . . . got to add that since Jim became our manager he brought a touch of magic to the place . . . of course as a well admired ex-player you'd expect some sort of spirit but he created a real magical place which sadly disappeared the day he was made redundant . . . yet to reappear . . . i fear it may never reappear tbh . . . i got a real buzz for you guys reading the 'passion' at the start of this thread and knowing exactly what he meant . . . enjoy the journey guys and i am looking to come up at some point to watch the guys . . . and not just to watch the OF, forget them for me i want to watch proper football against another 'normal' club not a megarich bunch of faries chasing the money . . .

Cheers for the good words. Have just read the blog on the BBC website regarding the young Stockport striker who's lost his brother to leukaemia and and all that the club have done/are doing for the charities associated with the disease.

BBC Article

Hats off to Stockport. It sets an example of how a club can conduct itself in these circumstances. Certainly won this Well fan's admiration...

spot on MB credit to stockport for the way theyve handled that terrible situation.condolences to the stockport player thats just lost his brother and if thats not bad enough his younger brother is also suffering from leukaemia.im sure jimbo would love to take motherwell down to stockport for a pre season friendly maybe we could turn it into a fundraiser with all proceeds going to leukaemia

Agree with all points above.

I also think it is evident at the games. The fans seem to be totally behind our young guys and the manager, with both home games the players have had standing ovations at half/full time.

They must feel great when this happens so we need to keep it up.

Who knows if we win on sat and then against Hibs we could be sitting comfortably in third (depending on Aberdeen results).

Funny thing, it's not about results for me. just watching them play football how it should be played is enough. We are talking about a bunch of players who last year were turning out for the u19's and reserves and here they are in the first team looking like they are seasoned pro's.

Who would have thought a manager losing a player through injury would still leave his best (imo) defender on the bench because he played during the week and stick another youth player in against the champions :)

Hat's off to gannon, he has built a team that was destroyed and in no time at all got them playing his way.

fingers crossed we can get a few more through the gate and supporting his team.

Lee

I don't think people are getting carried. We have shown glimpses of quality Football in every game played this season and Saturday was utter quality in my opinion. Shouldn't we revel in it whilst it lasts? I for one am going to because it doesn't happen all the time at Fir Park. If I have to listen and read people moaning and criticising the team when we are playing shit then I am going to praise and rejoice in the team when they play the sort of football we saw on Saturday.

The thing about it is that we have been playing good football but usually it all goes out the window and teams adopt a backs to the wall attitude against the old firm,whereas we kept the football going and even took it to a higher level at times, so we have every right to enjoy it

I'm not looking to moan but in football there are always areas to improve on and i think i'm one of those people who will always be looking at that. Its no good turning up to training and telling players "aye that was brilliant, we'r quality". You'd want to be telling them to keep doing the good stuff and then improve on the other areas that arent quite there yet.

I didnt start the topic because I think we are going to win the League, Im def not getting carried away just delighted with the effort of the players , they all seem like they want to play for the shirt and the Manager, no doubt we will have bad times but if the effort and pride is still as it is just now then I wont be complaining.

I don't think people are getting carried. We have shown glimpses of quality Football in every game played this season and Saturday was utter quality in my opinion. Shouldn't we revel in it whilst it lasts? I for one am going to because it doesn't happen all the time at Fir Park. If I have to listen and read people moaning and criticising the team when we are playing shit then I am going to praise and rejoice in the team when they play the sort of football we saw on Saturday.

+1

Well said

We should all drive for continuous improvement ........ there is no such thing as the 'Finished Article' imho.

However, given where we were 3 months ago, I'd say every one of us has every right to be reasonably happy with our start to the season.

Spot on Big Man. If a manager comes out and says the team could not have played any better and put in a perfect performance then he's not doing his job properly. Teams can always improve. We played well on Saturday but had our faults in most areas of the field. As JG said, not the finished article.