Crewe After Jim Gannon

Rickoza

Pretty sure I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. The bit that gets me is the apparent clause in our Manager's contract. How would they know what that contract contains? Bulls*it, or is it possible????

Crewe

Crewe Mad believes that John Pemberton and Jim Gannon are in the frame to become the next Crewe manager.Both of Gannon and Pemberton have had connections with the club over the years with both playing for the Railwaymen.

Pemberton played for the Alex during the 80's making 121 apperances before joining Crystal Palce, he then returned back in the 1997 after having also played for Sheffield United and Leeds United before injury ended his career at the Alex.

Since his retirement 'Rambo' was Nottingham Forest's reserve team manager and also took over for a brief spell at Forest after the sacking of Colin Calderwood in which he guided Forest to a memorable win over big spending Man City in the FA Cup with a 3-0 at Eastlands.

Pemberton had his contract with Forest terminated in the summer after new manager Billy Davies decided to bring in his own backroom team.

Only this week 44 year-old Pemberton turned down the job of Lincoln City manager to which the Imps then offered it to Chris Sutton.

Crewe Mad can reveal that former player Jim Gannon is another option for the Railwaymen and can exclusively reveal that Gannon has a clause in his Motherwell contract that will allow him to speak to any English club who approaches him.

Gannon had a short spell at Crewe back in 2000 after a dispute with Stockport County and especially the clubs board. Gannon made seven apperances for the Railwaymen and impressed the club with his performances. He then decided to move back to Ireland and saw his playing career out with Shelbourne.

Gannon then started his managerial career with Dundalk for who he started his playing career but it was a move to another former club Stockport County where he made his mark. Gannon secured promotion for Stockport in 2008 and he became hot property with his achievements and working with a tight budget.

Last season Gannon had Stockport up in the play-offs in December and all seemed well for the Edgely Park outfit until January 2009 where Gannon was linked with fellow League One outfit Brighton and Hove Albion.

Gannon was favorite for the job but decided to decline the offer of becoming the Seagulls new manager.

The financial strain showed on Stockport and the selling of players meant that they slipped down the table and then at the end of the season County went in to admistration and as a result Gannon was made redundant as part of a cost cutting exercise.

In June 2009 Gammon was announced as the manger for SPL side Motherwell the 40-year-old signed a contract with the Fir Park outfit.

Gannon who still lives in Cheshire was in attendance at Crewe's 3-2 defeat to Bury on Tuesday night and has always spoken highly about Crewe and the set up with in the club especially the academy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon who still lives in Cheshire was in attendance at Crewe's 3-2 defeat to Bury on Tuesday night and has always spoken highly about Crewe and the set up with in the club especially the academy.
I think this might be the key. Somebody sees JG at a Crewe game and assumes he is in line for the job.

Let's face it - Crewe are after all a huge step up :P

8th bottom of league 2...............

When Jimbo leaves his next step ought to be Championship or EPL. Let us hope he has done enough with the mighty Well to convince one of these teams he is worth a shot.

League 2 :thumbup:

I agree it would be a step down but maybe not as much as you would think. Average wages and attendances in that league aren't too far off most clubs in the SPL.

I don't think that would sway any manager though, at least here we have games televised throughout the world, the chance of european football and the chance of some meaningful silverware.

Surely jimbo doesnt drive up to work every morning from cheshire, I know his family might live there but I'd imagine he lives in the local area. :thumbup:

Surely jimbo doesnt drive up to work every morning from cheshire, I know his family might live there but I'd imagine he lives in the local area. :thumbup:

hes living over in hamilton somewhere at the moment, JG, his wife and his wee girl.

hope this 'rumour' isnt true !!!!

The way football is down south at the moment means anyone up here showing a bit of promise pops up as a potential steal as none of the SPL clubs can command top dollar. A price to pay for 'success'. One I'm willing to accept. If our manager isn't being linked with other jobs then he really isn't getting the results. Fingers crossed it is all talk and if it isn't I hope JG sticks to his word.

an official line fae the club would be good on this, slightly worried!!

Aw come on!! We don't need an official line from the club in response to every wee rumour. We get plenty info out of the club these days, they don't need to start responding to silly rumours too!

Gannon ain't going anywhere!!

JG is hardly in the door and some people are worrying about rumours. If it was McGhee they were talking about, I might have thought about some truth in it but I think Gannon tends more to see things through at a club from what I have read about him. You know all the rumours that flew about regarding who would be our manager, and this is probably because he played with Crewe at one time, and was seen at the Crewe game. So I wouldn't exactly be worrying yet. Hopefully John Boyle will have the savvy to try and keep him at theArk after this season.

This story may have been reported in the press but I doubt its substance. One issue missing from this discussion so far - Jim Gannon's integrity. For five months, Jim has demonstrated nothing but professionalism and honesty. Unless a big club comes in, offering more potential, I can't see him leaving inside a season. I believe he will commit his immediate future to The Well.

I honestly can't see him bailing out after only a few months. He will see the job as a work in progress and will give us at least a full season. If he does really well and gets a huge chance in the summer then fair enough, but from a selfish viewpoint I'd love to see him at Motherwell for a good few years.

The latest interview on the official site would suggest JG will be here for a little while longer.

As well as focusing on the present, Gannon also continues to build a squad at Motherwell not just for the next game, or even this season, but beyond.

Steven Saunders is close to putting pen to paper on a new deal and the Fir Park boss insists that his plan for the club looks further than the near future and progression will take time.

"Rome wasn't built in a day," he said

I can't believe people are genuinely worried about this and looking for an official response.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn Gannon has a clause allowing him to talk to English teams. After all didn't Sheepmeh have one? I would reckon though it's probabl more something allowing him to talk to Championship and Premiership teams rather than any Englidh team.

Quote: "In June 2009 Gammon was announced as the manger for SPL side Motherwell the 40-year-old signed a contract with the Fir Park outfit".

A piece n Gammon? A Gammon roll? How about a Gammon joint, like what you get fae Chapman's? Or Smoked Gammon flavour marks n sparks crisps? They all taste right good, but tbh they'd make shite managers.

Think this is bolly hoax.