Gannon And The Press

steelboy

Let me start by saying i have no hard feelings towards McGhee and enjoyed his two seasons in charge but in response to the above....

I doubt he would have had any involvement in bringing in Page & Hutchison as surely the guys in the Youth Development will have scouted and signed them. He may have given the youth guys a shopping-list for players/positions at most.

He continued to play Sheridan, Malcolm, Hughes etc who we aww knew were leaving at the end of the season and at a time when we had nowt to play for. This was the ideal time to field more of the younger lads, who have broken through this season.

We might be paying the Pole a huge wage but at the same time, we're no longer paying the wages of Hughes, Malcolm, Smith, McLean, Porter and Clarkson, all of whom would be on much larger wages than the current crop of first team stars.

For me, the big test of Gannon's management skills is now about getting older & experienced first-team players who are catching the eyes of other clubs (O'Brien & Reynolds) to sign new deals. I haven't seen a Motherwell manager do this since McLean.

How can Gannon's loyalty be questioned so far? He's never once mentioned leaving the club for new pastures and his press interviews suggests he's thinking long-term rather than short. He's also acted quickly and signed up our young stars on longer contracts.

Im not questioning Gannon's loyalty , it hasnt been tested , to say he's loyal and here for the long term after 5 months is a bit presumptious though

So McGhee did go for youths (casting his net down South) that would be our future rather than pay signing on fees and relatively big wages on guys who might well be off within 6 months or a year with no return on them ?

Which players that have made the breakthrough did he keep out the team ? Forbes who was out on loan ?

Im not having a dig at Gannon , im glad we have him , just playing Devils advocate , if Gannon had the chance of a bigger job in January and went then the next guy would have just as big a job as there was at the Summer and no Quinn or Clarkson fees to play with

And by the way Diggle if you are reading , im staying off the O'Brien thread , its far too cold for you to be wetting your pants today :D

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way Diggle if you are reading , im staying off the O'Brien thread , its far too cold for you to be wetting your pants today :O

Too late mate - I read some of this pish earlier and had a real gusher! :P

I was completely mock outraged that some of the happy clappers can't see through this Gannon character.

n2521462395_5804.jpg

You wouldn't, another sycophant. Big wow wee! You've stated what even those who attended the remedial class had grasped. Shame the fact he was pissed at not taking three points didn't suit your agenda... Perhaps the majority of pant wetters (twice tonight SteveDiggle) who contributed will cease speculation and spurious allegation just because they didn't get their fix scrutinising everything he may or may not have said?

I don't have an agenda my friend. Looking back over the thread the point's were made that he was annoyed with the press and that he may have been annoyed with the performance as well hence not speaking to them after the game incase he said something he shouldn't. Gannon himself comes out and says just that so for once the speculation on a thread nearly hits the mark.

To say that Gannon has had an excellent season so far does not make me a sycophant. I'm genuinely baffled by your anger? There is more to life! Take it easy. :lol:

I don't have an agenda my friend. Looking back over the thread the point's were made that he was annoyed with the press and that he may have been annoyed with the performance as well hence not speaking to them after the game incase he said something he shouldn't. Gannon himself comes out and says just that so for once the speculation on a thread nearly hits the mark.

Selective memory here but if you're allowed then so am I, the bits I remember reading on this thread suggested so much more, most of which was a big pile of pish as per.

Superb article. I guess that puts paid to all the speculation- for today at least!

We now know a great deal more about our man in charge and I have a sneaky feeling that if JB treats him right he will be around for some time.

The part about the senior players is interesting because he does not deny the "comments" or the importance of unity versus ego but claims he wants fairness for players, which includes letting them go for the sake of the team and themselves. Some may find this hard to accept, both supporters and players but it is a healthy and refreshing attitude in our parochial Scottish game.

All in all I think JG comes out of this scenario well and I can't wait for the next chapter.

'Mon the Jimbo, 'mon the "Well

Full credit to him for having the conviction of his beliefs and speaking his mind.......but for one wee minute with the awkward silences it was almost like he forgot he was slagging the media off to the media :doh:

We were told it wasn't going to be dull!!